|The west side of the Barclays Center (October 2012)|
|place||620 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn , New York , New York 11553
|owner||Forest City Enterprises
Onexim Sports & Entertainment
|operator||Brooklyn Arena, LLC|
|start of building||March 11, 2010|
|opening||September 28, 2012|
|costs||1 billion US dollars|
AECOM (Ellerbe Becket)
Ice hockey : 15,795 seats
Basketball : 17,732 seats
Concerts : 18,000 seats
Since the beginning of the 2015/16 season , the NHL team New York Islanders has played its home games at the Barclays Center. Since the Barclays Center was not originally planned for ice hockey and an ice hockey surface is significantly larger than a basketball court, there are many places with visual impairments. Business Insider even calls these places "possibly the worst places in North American professional sport" . In addition, the team's new venue was not accepted without exception by the fans, as the Islanders were no longer - according to their name - based in Long Island , but in Brooklyn. As a result, the Islanders' management looked early for an alternative, which they found in Belmont Park in December 2017 . A new home arena is to be built on the site of this former racecourse in Elmont on Long Island and is to be completed in the 2020/21 season . In the 2018/19 season , the Islanders will temporarily return to their old home, the renovated Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum , which was reopened in 2017 . The team will play 12 of the 41 regular season home games there. The other 29 games will take place at the Barclays Center.
The Long Island Nets basketball team from the NBA Gatorade League , founded in 2016 , played its debut 2016/17 season at the Barclays Center. In 2017 they moved to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Gastronomy and shops
Integrated into the Barclays Center are the adidas nets store , the Brooklyn Nets fan shop and a Starbucks café.
The Barclays Center is located in the district of Downtown Brooklyn at the intersection of major transport routes Atlantic Avenue and Flatbush Avenue . The arena is served directly by public transport via the Atlantic Avenue / Barclays Center / 4th Avenue node . Here hold z. As the subway lines , , , , , , , and . The station Atlantic terminal of the LIRR is directly across the arena.
- barclayscenter.com: Official website of the arena (English)
- setlist.fm: Barclays Center concert list (English)
- aecom.com: The Barclays Center on the site of AECOM (English)
- Erin Durckin / Bill Hutchinson: Atlantic Yards ground-breaking event marked by politicians, pop star and protests. NYDailyNews.com, March 11, 2010, accessed June 17, 2012 .
- John Jurgensen: On Opening Night, The Barclays Center Becomes Jay-Z's House. September 29, 2012, accessed October 5, 2012 .
- Logan Broyles: The NBA comes to Brooklyn. Construction Digital, August 1, 2011, archived from the original on May 23, 2013 ; Retrieved June 17, 2012 (English, title translation: The NBA is coming to Brooklyn).
- Barclays Center :: About Us. barclayscenter.com, accessed April 1, 2015 .
- Sports information service : Starting shot for the Brooklyn Nets: New logo. FOCUS Online, May 1, 2012, accessed June 17, 2012 .
- New York Islanders Hockey Club, LP (Ed.): New York Islanders To Move To Barclays Center In Brooklyn. October 24, 2012, accessed October 25, 2012 .
- businessinsider.com: Brooklyn's Barclays Center might have the worst seat in American professional sports Article from October 12, 2015 (English)
- stadionwelt.de: move of the New York Islanders perfect article from December 21, 2017
- stadionwelt.de: Islanders confirm return to Nassau Coliseum Article dated January 30, 2018
- nba.com: Long Island Nets Unveil Logo And Uniform For Inaugural Season Article from March 24, 2016 (English)
- Barclays Bank PLC (Ed.): The Shops at Barclays Center. 2012, accessed October 5, 2012 .