|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||to water|
|Height :||385 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||55.69 km 2|
|Residents:||2405 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||43 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||36325|
|Primaries :||06637, 06645 (Köddingen, Stumpertenrod)|
|License plate :||VB|
|Community key :||06 5 35 003|
|Community structure:||7 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Leopold Bach (independent of party)|
|Location of the community Feldatal in the Vogelsbergkreis|
The community is located 285 to 598 meters above sea level on the northern slope of the Vogelsberg . The Felda , which gives it its name , flows through the community and flows into the Ohm near Gemünden .
Feldatal borders the town of Romrod in the north, the municipality of Schwalmtal in the northeast, the municipality of Lautertal in the east, the town of Ulrichstein in the south, the municipality of Mücke in the southwest , and the municipality of Gemünden in the northwest .
Feldatal was created on December 31, 1971 as part of the regional reform in Hesse , when the municipalities of Ermenrod, Groß-Felda, Kestrich, Köddingen, Stumpertenrod, Windhausen and Zeilbach were merged to form the new large municipality . Since 2016, Feldatal has formed a municipal administration association with the cities of Grebenau and Romrod and the municipality of Schwalmtal, which is also based at the Feldatal municipal administration.
The local elections on March 6, 2016 produced the following results, compared to previous local elections:
||Parties and constituencies||
|FWG||Feldatal free voter community||37.9||6th||39.5||6th||36.6||6th||33.3||5|
|SPD||Social Democratic Party of Germany||17.4||3||23.7||3||27.7||4th||31.1||5|
|ON||Alternative independent Feldataler||22.7||3||18.9||3||-||-||-||-|
|CDU||Christian Democratic Union of Germany||22.0||3||17.9||3||27.4||4th||26.0||4th|
|ALF||Other list Feldatal||-||-||-||-||8.3||1||9.6||1|
|Voter turnout in%||69.9||62.6||60.2||61.3|
The community board consists of the mayor and seven councilors.
The former mayor Dietmar Schlosser ( FWG ) was elected on May 16, 2010 with 67.1% of the votes and confirmed in office in March 2016 with 59.8%. He was retired on September 30, 2017 at his own request. In the new election on February 25, 2018, the non-party Leopold Bach was elected as the new mayor with 81.7 percent of the vote.
coat of arms
Blazon : "In gold, a red, blue-crowned virgin eagle , covered with a heart shield , in it in silver an inclined blue mallet , at the top and bottom, obliquely left, accompanied by two blue nails each."
Declaration of coat of arms: The heart sign refers to the former craft of the nail smith in the community, which was still practiced until the beginning of the 20th century , the blue crowned virgin eagle comes from the coat of arms of the extinct noble family von Mörlau ( Merlau ), who were wealthy here in the Middle Ages .
Local government association
The Feldatal community is a member of the Feldatal-Grebenau-Romrod-Schwalmtal community administration association . This community administration association consists of the communities Feldatal, Grebenau , Romrod and Schwalmtal .
Culture and sights
- Half-timbered church in Ermenrod
- The Evangelical Church, the largest half-timbered church in Hesse, is located in Stumpertenrod . The church was built in 1696 in the baroque style. The church has a ridge turret with three bells hanging from it. The organ inside the church dates from 1840.
- Zeilbacher Church built in 1668 - shingled
- Half-timbered church Kestrich and directly next to it the former synagogue and Jewish school (in Kestrich)
- Jewish cemetery (in Kestrich)
- still functional mills , e.g. B. Wolfenmühle in Groß-Felda, Burgsmühle in Zeilbach and Herrenmühle in Ermenrod.
- Feldatal Mill Festival
- Easter market
- Christmas Market
- Traditional fair (always on the first weekend in October)
- Star world Vogelsberg - the observatory in Hesse
- Blacksmith Festival - Feldatal (every two years)
- Carnival with meetings and children's carnival
- Feldatal Culture Night
- Lectures, readings and concerts in the Old Synagogue
- 60 clubs invite you to a variety of events throughout the year
- Feldatal bird of prey station
Economy and Infrastructure
The B 49 runs through the community .
Sons and daughters of the church
- Friedrich Wilhelm Stein (born March 13, 1887 in Stumpertenrod; † June 2, 1956 in Alsfeld ), member of the Hessian state parliament ( HBB , FDP )
- Wilhelm Günther (born April 21, 1899 in Ermenrod; † 1945), SS brigade leader and SS and police leader
Personalities related to the community
- Peter Geibel (1841–1901), Hessian dialect poet and veterinarian in Groß-Felda
- Volker Jung (* 1960), church president of the Evangelical Church in Hesse and Nassau (EKHN), parish vicar in Stumpertenrod
- Website of the municipality of Feldatal
- Feldatal. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Link catalog on the subject of Feldatal at curlie.org (formerly DMOZ )
- Literature on Feldatal in the Hessian Bibliography
- Hessian State Statistical Office: Population status on December 31, 2019 (districts and urban districts as well as municipalities, population figures based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes for municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 347 .
- Statutes of the municipal administration association Feldatal - Grebenau - Romrod - Schwalmtal - Kulturverein-Storndorf. Retrieved January 23, 2018 (German).
- Result of the municipal election on March 6, 2016. Hessian State Statistical Office, accessed in April 2016 .
- Hessian State Statistical Office: Result of the municipal elections on March 27, 2011
- Hessian State Statistical Office: Result of the municipal elections on March 26, 2006
- Feldataler mayor renounced , oberhessische-zeitung.de, September 26, 2017, accessed on January 7, 2018.
- Mayor topic is particularly moving , oberhessische-zeitung.de, October 30, 2017, accessed on January 7, 2018.
- Feldatal relies on full-time employees , oberhessische-zeitung.de, November 10, 2017, accessed on January 8, 2018.
- Gießener Anzeiger Verlag GmbH & Co KG: "A great number" . ( oberhessische-zeitung.de [accessed on February 25, 2018]).
- Community administration association Feldatal-Grebenau-Romrod-Schwalmtal. In: website. City of Grebenau, accessed January 2018 .
- Randolf Fügen: Highlights in Central Hesse. Wartenberg Verlag, Gudensberg-Gleichen 2003, ISBN 3-8313-1044-0 .