|Full name||Michael Carter-Williams|
|birthday||10th October 1991 (age 28)|
|place of birth||Hamilton, Massachusetts , USA|
|NBA draft||2013 , 11th pick , Philadelphia 76ers|
|Clubs as active|
|2013–2015 Philadelphia 76ers 2015–2016 Milwaukee Bucks 2016–2017 Chicago Bulls 2017 Charlotte Hornets 2018–2019 Houston Rockets Since 2019 Orlando Magic
Carter-Williams played for Syracuse University for two years . While his freshman year was still inconspicuous with 2.7 points and 2.1 assists, he rose significantly as a sophomore . He finished his sophomore year with 12.1 points, 4.9 rebounds , 7.4 assists and 3.4 steals per game.
In the 2013 NBA Draft , Carter-Williams was selected in 11th place by the Philadelphia 76ers . On his NBA debut, Carter-Williams caused a sensation when he scored 22 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds and 9 steals in beating the champions Miami Heat . So he just missed a triple-double . His nine steals are the highest value that a player has reached in his NBA debut in this category, the twelve assists are the second highest value in league history.
Carter-Williams was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week in his first week in the NBA (October 29 - November 3, 2013) . He became the second player in NBA history (alongside Shaquille O'Neal ) to do so in his debut week.
He was elected Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for October / November 2013, January, March and April 2014. On December 3, he achieved his first triple-double in his career in the game against Orlando Magic (27 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists). It was the first game in NBA history where two rookies could do it at the same time (the other was Orlando's Victor Oladipo ). On March 10, 2014, he managed his second triple double with 23 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in a loss to the New York Knicks .
Carter-Williams closed the season with 16.7 points, 6.3 assists and 6.2 rebounds per game. He was only the third rookie in league history, along with Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson , with an average of 16 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists. For these achievements he was named Rookie of the Year . He was also elected to the NBA All-Rookie Team .
In February 2015, Carter-Williams was transferred to the Milwaukee Bucks ahead of the transfer deadline .
After the 2016/17 season , his rookie contract expired and he joined the Charlotte Hornets in the subsequent Free Agency . Carter-Williams signed a one-year contract with a salary of $ 2.7 million with the North Carolina franchise . After his contract expired, he became a free agent again. For the 2018/19 season , Carter-Williams signed a one-year contract with the Houston Rockets.
- Michael Carter-Williams - player profile on basketball-reference.com
- Michael Carter-Williams, 76ers hold on, stun Dwyane Wade-less Heat
- Michael Carter-Williams Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Warriors at 76ers Game Story
- Michael Carter-Williams Named Kia Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month .
- Carter-Williams, Burke honored as January's top rookies ( Memento of February 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive ).
- Carter-Williams, Dieng named March's top rookies .
- Carter-Williams and Jazz's Burke named April's top rookies .
- Magic at 76ers Game Story ( Memento December 7, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- 76ers at Knicks Game Story .
- Philadelphia's Michael Carter-Williams named 2013-14 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year ( Memento from May 9, 2014 in the Internet Archive ).
- Michael Carter-Williams leads 2013-2014 NBA All-Rookie Team selections ( Memento from May 22, 2014 in the Internet Archive ).
- Bulls acquire Michael Carter-Williams for Tony Snell
- | MCW new contract , spotrac.com; Accessed July 2, 2017
- https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784041-report-michael-carter-williams-rockets-agree-to-1-year-minimum-contract , Michael Carter-Williams, Rockets Agree to 1-Year Minimum Contract, accessed on July 25, 2018
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 10, 1991|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamilton , Massachusetts|