|Full name||Derrick Martell Rose|
|birthday||4th October 1988 (age 31)|
|place of birth||Chicago , Illinois , United States|
|NBA draft||2008 , 1st pick , Chicago Bulls|
|Clubs as active|
|2008–2016 Chicago Bulls 2016–2017 New York Knicks 2017–2018 Cleveland Cavaliers 2018–2019 Minnesota Timberwolves Since 2019 Detroit Pistons
Derrick Martell Rose (born October 4, 1988 in Chicago , Illinois ) is an American basketball player who is currently active for the Detroit Pistons in the NBA . He plays in the position of point guard . Rose became Rookie of the Year in the 2008-09 season and the youngest MVP in NBA history in the 2010-11 season at the age of 22 . He was considered one of the NBA's greatest talents. However, several serious knee injuries stole his athleticism over the years, so that for a long time he was unable to build on his performance from his first NBA years.
Youth and high school
Derrick Rose grew up with his older brothers Dwayne, Reggie and Allen under the care of his single mother Brenda. He attended Simeon Career Academy , played under coach Robert Smith, and won two state championships with his high school.
In the final of his junior season he scored the decisive throw for a 31:29 victory one second before the end, whereas in the final of his senior season he was only able to convert two free throws, but his team still managed to score with seven rebounds, four steals and eight assists Success led.
In 2007 they played against Washington in the United Center , the arena of the Chicago Bulls, so that the local hero could prove his qualities there in front of a home crowd with a clear win. Simeon won the Chicago Public League Championships.
As the culmination of his high school career, he ran in March 2007 in the All-American Game ( All-Star Game of high school basketball), in which he came within a playing time of 22 minutes on five points, six rebounds and five assists and one for delivered his circumstances cautious performance.
He also took part in the Hoop Summit (all-star game of talented young players) on April 7, 2007 and defeated the World Select team with the USA Basketball Men's Junior Select Team with a score of 100: 80. Rose was able to contribute four steals - the best value in his team - and eight points.
He was elected Mr. Basketball of Illinois by an overwhelming majority in 2007 in a vote among coaches and media representatives .
Rose played for the Memphis Tigers under coach John Calipari and reached with his team the final of the NCAA Division I Basketball Championship against the Kansas Jayhawks , in which they were defeated on April 7, 2008 with 78:68 after extra time.
Nevertheless, this was not only the Tigers ' first participation in the finals , they also ended the season with a record of 38: 2, which meant the most wins in NCAA history. Rose himself averaged 14.9 points, 4.7 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game in his only year in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
National Basketball Association
2008/09 NBA season: A convincing start to the league for the Chicago Bulls
Rose was selected in the NBA draft on June 26, 2008 as the first player by the Chicago Bulls and ran for them with the jersey number 1 on. He was only the third point guard at this point (after Magic Johnson in 1979 and Allen Iverson in 1996) to be selected as the first pick in the last 30 years . His talent and potential on the position were rated as exceptional in advance.
When he was officially introduced as the future Chicago Bulls player, he was overwhelmed: “I'm truly blessed. Everything has just been like a dream come true. [...] This just tops it off - I'm playing at the highest level of basketball and it's in my hometown. I really can't believe it right now. " ('I'm really blessed. Everything feels like a dream is coming true. My whole life is like a dream. […] That surpasses everything - I get on top Level playing basketball - and that too in my hometown. I can hardly believe it. ') ".
Pro Summer League
Rose appeared in the Orlando Pro Summer League on July 7, 2008 for the first time in the jersey of the Chicago Bulls. In the first game against the Miami Heat , in which Michael Beasley made his debut, they lost 94:70. While he scored his first basket for the Bulls with a lay- up in the first quarter , it wasn't until the third quarter that he was more aggressive and delivered a convincing performance. He came up with ten points, four assists and two rebounds, but made five ball losses at the same time.
On July 8, 2008 you could defeat the Indiana Pacers in the second preparation game with 89:84. Rose got nine points, seven assists and six rebounds in just 29 minutes. In the game on July 9, 2008 against Orlando Magic , which you won 86:74, on July 10, 2008 against the New Jersey Nets , which you lost 84:68, and on July 11, 2008 against Oklahoma City Thunder , in which they lost with 86:73, Rose only sat on the bench due to knee problems.
Rose had to go to court on July 14, 2008, because he was flashed on Interstate Highway 88 near Aurora on April 29, 2008 at 160 km / h - 64 km / h too fast . The judge decided to put Rose under six-month observation, after which his file will be deleted, should he not experience any legal problems during this period. He also has to attend a safety course. Rose announced: “I learn from my mistakes. I did something stupid, and I'm just looking forward to the future. " (" I learn from my mistakes. I have done something stupid, but now I'm looking ahead. ").
Rose played 81 of the 82 season games, 80 of them as a starter. In total, he was on the field for 3000 minutes this season. On average, he scored 16.8 points per game (PPG), plus 3.9 rebounds (RPG) and 6.3 assists (APG). At the end of the season, he was voted Rookie of the Year . The Chicago Bulls reached the playoffs with a rate of 50% (41 won and 41 lost games) as the seventh-placed team in the Eastern Conference, where they were defeated 3-4 by the Boston Celtics in the first round .
2009/10 NBA season: Established as a Chicago Bulls franchise player
In the 2009/10 season , Rose achieved an average of 20.8 PPG, 6.0 APG and 3.8 RPG. Because of these achievements he was appointed to the NBA All-Star Team . According to a January 2010 report, jerseys flocked with Rose's name were the top selling.
2010/11 NBA season: Best season for the Chicago Bulls - the youngest MVP in NBA history to date
On January 17, 2011, Rose scored his first triple-double in the NBA. In the 96: 84 win against the Memphis Grizzlies , he recorded 22 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds for himself and helped his team to the 28th win in 41 games.
On May 3, 2011, Rose was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) by the NBA as the youngest player of all time . He was the first Chicago Bulls player since Michael Jordan in 1998 to receive this honor.
In his 81 completed season games, all of which he played as a member of the starting lineup, he scored 25.0 PPG, 7.7 APG and 4.1 RPG - at the time career bests in these categories.
2011/12 NBA season: First serious injury at the end of the season with the Chicago Bulls
Shortly before the start of the shortened 2011/12 season (only 66 season games, of which Rose played 39), Rose extended his contract, which was still running until the end of the season, for $ 94 million for five years. He finished the regular season with 21.8 PPG, 7.9 APG and 3.4 RPG.
In the first playoff game against the Philadelphia 76ers , he was still on the field in the fourth quarter, although the game was already over, and tore a cruciate ligament in his left knee.
NBA seasons 2012 / 13–2015 / 16: mixed years with the Chicago Bulls
Rose suspended the entire 2012/13 season and used the injury break for rehabilitation measures. He returned to the 2013-14 season and played 10 games for the Bulls before injuring himself on the meniscus in his right knee on November 22, 2013 and was out for the remainder of the season. Rose recovered from his injury and took part in the 2014 World Basketball Championship , where he won the gold medal with the US team. In the following year ( 2014/15 season ) Rose was able to play more than 50 games for the first time since the 2010/11 season . In 51 games he achieved 17.7 PPG and 4.9 APG in 30 minutes of playing time per game. Although he struggled with recurring knee problems during the season, he still reached the playoffs with the Bulls and took part in a playoff game for the first time in three years.
In the 2015/16 season he played 66 games for the Bulls, all of them as a starter. Here he was able to achieve statistics of 16.4 PPG, 4.7 APG and 3.4 RPG.
2016-17 and 2017-18 NBA Seasons: New York and Cleveland reboot
Since Rose's contract would have expired in the summer of 2017 and he would have become a free agent , the Chicago Bulls took the opportunity to negotiate an exchange between them and the New York Knicks in order to receive something in exchange for Rose. In the summer of 2016, Rose was handed over to New York along with Justin Holiday and a second-round pick . In return, Chicago received center Robin Lopez and point guards Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon .
After only one year, Rose left New York with a statistic of 18.0 PPG, 3.8 RPG and 4.4 APG and became a free agent as expected . He took the opportunity in the summer of 2017 to sign with the title contender Cleveland Cavaliers , where he played with superstar LeBron James , among others . There he completed only 16 games (including 7 as a starter), in which he was able to play an average of 1.8 RPG and 1.6 APG in addition to 9.8 PPG.
On Trade Deadline Day 2018, Rose was traded to Utah Jazz with Jae Crowder . However, the Jazz dismissed Rose shortly afterwards so that he became a free agent . Rose did not play games for jazz. Following the sack, Rose signed a season-end contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves . Here he played 9 games (always as a banker), in which he was able to achieve an average of 5.8 PPG, 1.2 APG and 0.7 RPG.
2018/19 and 2019/20 NBA seasons: Establishment as the outstanding "sixth man" in Minnesota and Detroit
In the 2018/19 season, Rose set a career record of 50 points in the Timberwolves' 128: 125 victory over the Utah Jazz on October 31, 2018 . In February 2018 he suffered an injury to his ankle and later the right elbow and was out for the rest of the season. Until then, Rose was able to convince and scored 18.0 PPG and 4.3 APG for the Timberwolves, and he also hit a respectable 48% from the field and 37% from the three-point line. He played 51 games this season, but mostly came off the bench (only 13 appearances in the starting five). In the statistics "Per 36 Minutes" (per 36 minutes of playing time), the points he scored corresponded to an average of 23.7 points, which means that he was able to almost match his number from the 2010/11 season , his best year (then average of 24.1 points in the “Per 36 Minutes” category). That season, Rose hit 10,000 NBA points.
For the season 2019/20 Rose moved to the Detroit Pistons . There he also acted as a banker. In the first half of the season he played 38 games, only 4 of them as a starter. He got 18.4 PPG, 2.4 RPG and 5.8 APG; In the “Per 36 Minutes” category, he even exceeded his previous career record with an average of 25.4 points. After many years of injuries and long periods of rehabilitation, Rose regained his athleticism and playing qualities in Minnesota and Detroit, was repeatedly considered a candidate for the Sixth Man of the Year Award ("best sixth man; best banker") and got his in Detroit Coach Dwane Casey often trusts in the so-called “crunch time” (end phase of a game with a close result).
|GP||Matches played (Games Played)||GS||Games from the beginning (Games started)||MPG||Graduated minutes per game (Minutes per game)|
|FG%||Throw rate from the field (field goal percentage)||3P%||Throwing quota three-point throws (3-point field-goal percentage)||FT%||Free throw rate (free-throw percentage)|
|RPG||Rebounds per game (rebounds per game)||APG||Assists per game (assists per game)||SPG||Steals per game (steals per game)|
|BPG||Blocks per game (blocks per game)||PPG||Points per game (points per game)||FAT||Career record|
|2016–17||new York||64||64||32.5||.471||. 217||.874||3.8||4.4||0.7||0.3||18.0|
|2017-18||Cleveland , Minnesota||25th||7th||16.8||.435||.233||.870||1.4||1.5||0.4||0.2||8.4|
The part of the US national team was given on 16 July 2008 announced that rose in the USA Basketball Men's Select Team (team of mostly young, talented players that will help the Team USA in preparing for a major tournament as training opponents) appointed has been. This training camp for the 2008 Olympic Games took place between July 21 and 24, 2008. In 2010 he played at the FIBA World Championship for Team USA and won the gold medal with her. In 2012 he was named to the provisional squad for the London Olympics . However, due to his cruciate ligament tear, which he suffered in the NBA playoffs, he was not part of the final squad.
With the US team, Rose was world champion at the 2014 World Basketball Championship in Spain.
Rose's girlfriend is Dana Lambert, whose twin sister Donna is with Michael Jordan's son Marcus. “The first time I met Michael, he said to me, 'What's your name?'. I said 'Derrick'. Then he smiled and said 'I'm just playing. I know who you are. ' That was pretty cool. " (" When I first met Michael, he asked me, 'What's your name?'. I replied, 'Derrick'. Then he smiled and said, 'It was just a joke. I know who You are. 'That was pretty cool. ")
Rose is nicknamed "Pooh". He was given it as a child by his grandmother, because he loved sweets like Winnie-the-Pooh . This nickname also refers to his tattoo on his left bicep. There a magician can be seen holding a magic wand in his right hand and a basketball in his left hand. Above is the writing: "Poohdini".
- During the naming of the " Starting Five " in the NBA, the origin of the player is usually the college from which the player was drafted. This is actually how it is handled by the Chicago Bulls, but Derrick Rose was an exception: Instead of "From the University of Memphis", Rose was always announced with "From Chicago" to make it clear that he was representing his hometown.
- During his high school career at the Simeon Career Academy, he wore the # 25 in memory of Ben Wilson , who died in 1984 on the eve of the 1984 season , as did Nick Anderson (the first player to be drafted by the Orlando Magics after it was founded in 1989) Opening game of his senior season was shot. "Benji" Wilson was considered the best high school basketball player of his class and even led his team to the 1984 Illinois State Championship.
- Rose wore # 23 on the University of Memphis team . Rose could not appear with her at the Chicago Bulls, however, because Michael Jordan wore this number and it is no longer given in his honor (retired number) .
- His agent is BJ Armstrong . He is a former point guard of the Chicago Bulls, won three championship titles in Michael Jordan's team between 1991 and 1993 and was appointed to the All-Star Team in 1994 . With him he has also prepared for the NBA workouts (training units that the clubs complete with the draft candidates in order to be able to precisely assess their talent and potential ) far from home in Los Angeles (California) .
- When Rose signed his management contract on the day of the NBA draft lottery , his agent half-jokingly asked him which club he would like to start his career with. “Everyone in the room just started laughing because we thought it was impossible.” (“Everyone in the room laughed because we thought it was impossible. ”). The chance that the Bulls would be drawn first was 1.5%. "When the Bulls got the No. 1 pick I was just looking at the TV like, 'This can't be true.' " (" When the Bulls were first drawn, I just looked at the TV and thought: 'That can't be true. " )
- His favorite player is LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers . He also said of him: “[Seeing the Bulls win the draft lottery], I just thought about LeBron James. I thought he was the luckiest player in the world, to get to play in his home city. " (" [When I saw the Bulls win the draft lottery] I thought of LeBron James. I thought he had to be the happiest player in the world, because he can play in his hometown. ")
- Rose signed a contract with the sporting goods manufacturer Adidas , which will be its official supplier of shoes. This was announced on July 25, 2008.
- In his first playoff game ever against the Boston Celtics on April 18, 2009, Rose set an NBA record with 36 points. Never before has a rookie scored more points in his first postseason game. He shares the record with NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar .
- 2012 Derrick Rose earned 14.4 million euros (18.8 million US dollars ) and 10 of the highest paid counted so that the top NBA players.
- NBA Regular Season MVP (2011)
- All-NBA First Team (2011)
- 3-time NBA All-Star (2010, 2011, 2012)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2009)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team 2009
- NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge Champion (2009)
- Appointment to the USA Basketball Men's Select Team (2008)
- Appointment to the USA selection (2010)
- FIBA Basketball World Championship (gold medalist) (2010 and 2014)
- Participation in the NCAA Championship Game (2007)
- Conference USA Freshman Of The Year (2008)
- State Championship (2006, 2007)
- Chicago Public League Championship (2007)
- Participation in the All-American Game (2007)
- Hoop Summit (2007)
- Mr. Basketball Of Illinois (2007)
- NBA : Profile 'Personal' (English)
- Chicago Bulls on 19 June 2008: Interview with Derrick Rose on the occasion of the NBA workouts (English)
- Draft Express on 29 March 2007: Report on the All-American Game 2007 (English)
- USA Basketball : Statistics for the Hoop Summit on April 7, 2007 (English) ( Memento of the original from May 25, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Chicago Tribune on June 26, 2008: Mr. Basketball Of Illinois 2007 (English) ( Memento of the original from July 1, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ESPN : Statistics for the NCAA Championship Game on April 7, 2008 (English)
- ESPN : Statistics on Derrick Rose in the 2007/2008 season (English)
- Focus Online on June 27, 2008: Report on the 2008 NBA Draft
- MSN Sport on June 27, 2008: Report on the 2008 NBA Draft
- Chicago Bulls : Bulls Introduce No. 1 pick Derrick Rose (English)
- NBA : Report on the Pro Summer League 2008 on July 7th (English)
- NBA Stats for Pro Summer League 2008 on 7 July 2008 (English) (PDF, 16 kB)
- NBA : Report on the Pro Summer League 2008 on July 8, 2008 (English)
- NBA Stats for Pro Summer League 2008 8 July 2008 (English) (PDF, 15 kB)
- NBA : Report on the Pro Summer League 2008 on July 9, 2008 (English)
- NBA : Report on the Pro Summer League 2008 on July 10, 2008 (English)
- NBA : Report on the Pro Summer League 2008 on July 11, 2008 (English)
- Chicago Tribune on July 15, 2008: Derrick Rose fined $ 1,000 for driving more than 100 mph (English ) ( Memento of the original from August 2, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- The first triple double
- Chicago's Derrick Rose Wins 2010-11 Kia NBA MVP Award . NBA.com. Archived from the original on May 5, 2011. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- Bulls' Rose is likely out for season
- Derrick Rose 2014-15 Game Log
- spox.com: Utah Jazz sacked Derrick Rose
- Rose scores career-high 50 as Timberwolves top Jazz 128-125
- Minnesota Timberwolves Medical Updates
- Derrick Rose Stats
- Chicago Bulls on July 16, 2008: Bulls' Rose named to USA Basketball Select Team (English)
- Chicago Tribune on June 26, 2008: The first encounter with Michael Jordan (English) ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as broken. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Living proof - The Sporting News on March 13, 1995: Obituary for Ben Wilson (English) ( Memento from July 13, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- USA Today on June 26, 2008: BJ Armstrong as agent for Derrick Rose (English)
- USA Today on June 26, 2008: 'This can't be true' (English)
- USA Today on June 26, 2008: 'I just thought about LeBron James' (English)
- SouthtownStar on July 25, 2008: Bulls' Rose gets shoe deal (English) ( Memento from July 30, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Sportnews Online on April 18, 2009: Celtics lose their first playoff game
- Sports image: Top 10: The top earners of the NBA , March 9, 2013
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rose, Derrick Martell (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th October 1988|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chicago , Illinois , United States|