It already had a forerunner before World War II called Miss Holland . The winners took part in the choice of Miss Europe and Miss Universe . The competition was first held in 1929 by the magazine Het Leven (Life) in the Tuschinski Theater in Amsterdam .
In 1989 this competition was divided for several decades: since then there was Miss Nederland , organized by the Miss Nederland Organization , the winners of which took part in the Miss Europe election (until 2007 also in Miss World ). The organizers of the Miss Universe Nederland (1991-2005) delegated their winners to the Miss Universe . The competition was temporarily revived in 2008.
The Miss World Netherlands bv 2008 chose the Dutch participant at the Miss World .
In addition, there was an independent competition for Miss Earth Netherlands from 2004 to 2011 . As the name suggests, the winner ran for Miss Earth .
Miss Holland before World War II
|1929||Johanna (Jopie) Koopman|
|Rie van der rest|
|1931||Marie Lelyveld (Marie van Lelyveld)|
|1932||Carolina (Corrie) Geels|
|1933||not carried out|
Miss Holland 1948–1989
|1953||[Stanny] Sandy Weyers|
|1960||[Ansje] Ans schoon|
|1961||[Annemarie] Anne Marie Brink|
|1962||[Rina] Catharina Lodders|
|1963||Godelieve Stassen [Sassen]|
|1964||Elly Tibina Koot|
|1965||[Anja, Amja] Anna Maria Schuit|
|1967||Irene van Campenhout|
|1968||Marjolein Abbink [Abbing]|
|1972||Jenny ten Wolde|
|1973||Yildiz de cat|
|1978||Karin Ingrid Gustafsson|
|1983||Nancy Lalleman Heynis|
|1986||Janny ter Velde|
Miss Nederland and Miss Universe Nederland
|year||Miss Nederland||Miss Universe Nederland|
|1989||Liesbeth Caspers||not carried out|
|1990||Gabriëlle Stap||Rita Hallier|
|1991||Linda Egging||Paulien Huizinga|
|1992||Gaby van Nijmegen||Vivian Jansen|
|1993||Hilda van der Meulen [Vermeulen]||Angelique van Zaalen|
|1994||Yoshka Bon||Irene van der Laar|
|1995||Didie Schackman||Chantal van Woensel|
|1996||Petra Hoost||Marja de Graaf|
|1997||Sonja Silva||not carried out|
|1998||Nerena Ruinemans||Jacqueline Rotteveel|
|1999||Ilona van Veldhuisen||Gisela Ballensiefen|
|2000||Raja Moussaoui||Chantal van Roessel|
|2001||Irena Pantelic||Reshma Roopram|
|2002||Elise Boulogne||Kim Kötter|
|2003||Sanne de Regt||Tessa (Amber) Brix|
|2004||Miranda Slabber||Lindsay (Grace) Pronk|
|2005||not carried out||Sharita Sopacua|
|2006||Sheryl Baas||not carried out|
|2007||Melissa Sneekes||not carried out|
|2008||Deniz Akkoyun||Charlotte Labee|
|2009||Avalon-Chanel Weyzig||not carried out|
|2010||Desirée van den Berg||not carried out|
|2011||not carried out||Kelly Weekers|
|2012||Nathalie den Dekker||not carried out|
|2013||not carried out||Stephanie Tency|
|2014||not carried out||Yasmin Verheijen|
|2015||Jessie Jazz Vuijk||not carried out|
|2016||Zoey Ivory||not carried out|
Miss Earth Netherlands and Miss World Netherlands
|year||Miss Earth Netherlands||Miss World Netherlands|
|2004||Saadia Himi||not carried out|
|2005||Dagmar Saija||not carried out|
|2006||Sabrina van der Donk||not carried out|
|2007||Milou Verhoeks||not carried out|
|2008||Melanie de Laat||Carmen Kool|
|2009||Sabrina Anijs||not carried out|
|2010||not carried out||not carried out|
|2011||Jill Duijves||Jill de Robles|
|2012||not carried out||not carried out|
|2013||not carried out||Jacqueline Steenbeek|
|2014||not carried out||Tatjana Maul|
These competitions have not been held since 2015, instead the candidates are determined by Miss Nederland (as previously at times) .
- Missholland.now - October 26, 2009 ( Memento of the original from June 26, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- 1930: Elly Kuster was disqualified because she gave false information about her age.
- 1975: Linda Snippe ran for Miss Universe in the same year , but was then disqualified and replaced by Cora Kitz, who placed second.
- 1976: The original winner, Lucie Visser, resigned after participating in Miss Europe . In her place came the second-placed Nanny Nielen, who took part in international competitions.
- 1976: However, she did not officially accept the crown and also ran for the Miss Holland competitions in 1978, 1979, 1980 and 1982!
- 1977: Ineke Berends won a competition from the Privé magazine , organized by Miss Holland 1957, Corinne Rottschaefer.
- 1978: two competing competitions
- 1985: The actual winner, Pasquale Sommers, was disqualified and replaced by the second placed Mandy Jacobs. Pasquale Sommers got her title back in a civil lawsuit, but was never delegated to international competitions.
- 1988: After Angela Visser was elected Miss Universe in 1989 , the second-placed Nandy Hendrikx moved up.