The first organizer was the Neue Wiener Tagblatt . The competition took place for the last time before the Second World War in 1931 , although regional beauty competitions for titles such as Miss Tyrol , Miss Vienna and Danube Queen were still held in the 1930s .
After the war there were initially different organizers. From 1958 Erich Reindl (born August 31, 1931) carried out the competition and won the cosmetics group Max Factor as a sponsor in the following year . Reindl sold his Miss Austria Corporation in 1994. For a long time Emil Bauer was the managing director and 50 percent partner, who sold his stake to Franz Josef Schachermayer after two decades. Ernst Kirchmayr kept his 50 percent of the company. Silvia Schachermayer became the new managing director .
The first two from each federal state will take part in the Miss Austria election. In the final round, 18 candidates from the nine federal states , as well as the “Miss Online” and her runner-up, compete against each other in front of a live jury. The chosen Miss Austria will then represent Austria at Miss World and the runner-up at Miss Europe . But this has only been consistently implemented for Miss World since 1997.
Incidentally, the winners of individual federal states also have English titles: Miss Vienna (Vienna) and Miss Styria (Styria).
Title withdrawal 2018
Daniela Zivkov was in 2018 for Miss Upper Austria voted and won on September 1, 2018, the election of Miss Austria and has a contract with the Miss Austria Corporation. Jörg Rigger, managing director of this company, explains according to orf.at on October 7th, 2018: "An incumbent Miss Austria must be clear that she cannot do what she wants." For the first time in the history of the organization, a miss would have to lose her title . He states that Zivkov appeared with the Miss Upper Austria sash at events and advertised a different product than contractually agreed. Specifically, it would have been shown in a magazine with a motor vehicle that does not correspond to the brand of an advertising contract partner. Rigger would have warned her repeatedly, but - according to his statement - would have reassured her that "I was only traveling privately".
According to orf.at, Daniela Zivkov is aiming for an officer career in the armed forces. The 24-year-old retail saleswoman Izabela Ion from Lauterach (Vorarlberg) is the next person to take on the title .
Success in major international competitions
|1987||Ulla Weigerstorfer||as Miss World Austria 1987|
|1929||Lisl gold worker|
|1978||Eva Maria Düringer||as Miss Austria 1977|
|1980||Karin Zorn||as Miss Austria 1979|
Miss World Austria (1986–1988)
At the end of the 1980s, the former model Lilo Hoffmann held a separate competition for Miss World Austria for three years , whose delegates all made it into the top 10 at Miss World .
|year||Miss World Austria||state||Placement at Miss World|
Another competitive competition for Miss Austria was carried out by Erich Saida from 1986, but he gave up after a few years.
Miss Austria (since 2007)
Miss Austria Corporation KG in Vienna has been running a new competition for Miss Oesterreich since 2007 under the management of Clara and Sorin Popescu.
The "Miss Oesterreich" is not bound to live in Austria or to descend from there. The involvement of the unmarried women in the charity area also plays a role in this choice.
|2010||Magda (Magdalena) Sarman||Vienna|
|2011||Angelie Deva||Germany , North Rhine-Westphalia|
References and comments
- Elisabeth Patsios: The most beautiful of the beautiful. History of Miss Austria 1929–2009 , Molden Verlag, Vienna 2009, p. 57.
- Patsios, 2009 S. 88th
- Today: Happy Birthday : Erich Félix Mautner, Artist Agency, Event Management, Model Agency, Public Relations , accessed on October 6, 2009
- Patsios, 2009, p. 203.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 204.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 208.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 210.
- From Tennis and Missing to Lasers and Children , accessed on October 21, 2018.
- "Miss Boss, Take Over" , accessed October 21, 2018.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 119.
- Took part in Miss Europe in 1948: list of participants on pageantopolis.com ( Memento from March 11, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Elisabeth Patsios: The most beautiful of the beautiful. History of Miss Austria 1929–2009 , Molden Verlag , Vienna 2009, ISBN 978-3-85485-223-0 , p. 101: “In connection with Tiller's election to Miss Austria, there is still a persistent rumor that she had the Won title twice. For years, the actress has tried to clear up this misunderstanding, which has been rumored thousands of times by journalists, without success. The internet is faster. Nadja Tiller takes it with humor. She always got on well with the press. "
- On the Miss Austria website for 1953
- Patsios, 2009, p. 33.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 116 ff.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 124 ff. (With misprint; see:  and archived copy ( memento of the original dated February 15, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check Original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note. ); each accessed on 14 Sep. 2014.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 131.
- The spelling Spatzier also appears in lists of participants in international competitions, as well as spelling letters such as Spaitzer .
- According to the Miss Austria website (History). According to other sources: Xenia Doppler .
- In the list of participants for Miss World, Christina Barth differs .
- Small newspaper : The Styrian Missen-Check . March 21, 2009, archived from the original on December 8, 2012 .
- According to the Miss Austria website (History): Eva Kurz .
- In the participant lists of Miss World, Universe and Europe Pacher .
- So in all of the above lists. The Miss Austria Corporation writes to Roswita .
- orf.at - Miss Austria comes from Lower Austria . Article dated June 24, 2016, accessed June 24, 2016.
- Daniela Zivkov no longer Miss Austria orf.at, October 7, 2018, accessed October 7, 2018.
- Courier: Larissa Robitschko is the new Miss Austria . Article dated June 7, 2019, accessed June 7, 2019.
- Patsios, 2009, p. 206.
- This applies to the three 1986-1988 at pageantopolis.com in the list of participants for Miss World among Austria referred to
- Imprint of Miss Austria Corporation KG
- Miss Oesterreich website
- List of winners for the title Miss Oesterreich
- Elisabeth Patsios: The most beautiful of the beautiful. History of Miss Austria 1929–2009 Molden Verlag , Vienna 2009, ISBN 978-3-85485-223-0 . (See also: OTS April 23, 2009 : New non-fiction book about the history of the Miss elections )