Dansk Boldspil Union
|Dansk Boldspil Union|
|Secretary General||Claus Bretton-Meyer|
A-men , U-21 ,
U-19 , U-17 ,
A-women , U-19-women
The Dansk Boldspil-Union (DBU) is the Danish football association.
The Football Association of Denmark was founded in 1889, making it one of the oldest football associations in the world. The federation joined the Danish Sports Federation in 1896 and FIFA in 1904 in their founding years. The Dansk Boldspil Union was also one of the founding members when UEFA was founded. The Danish national football team celebrated their greatest success to date at the 1992 European Football Championship by winning the title. The Danish women's national football team also plays an important role and has participated in almost all major tournaments.
In cooperation with the Danish football players, the association awards the Footballer of the Year in Denmark and annually selects the best player from the U21, U19 and U17 youth national teams.
The association takes care of the organization of the Danish football system. For men, the DBU not only organizes the two professional leagues , the SAS Ligaen and the Viasat Sport Division , but also all the other leagues and the Danish Cup . All Danish women's football competitions are also run by the association. The association also organizes the games of the women's national team , all youth national teams (U17, U19, U21 ) and the Danish national football team .
The association has also been running the Danish futsal league system since 2008.
UEFA five-year ranking
Placement in the UEFA five-year ranking ( previous year's ranking in brackets ). The abbreviations CL and EL after the country coefficients indicate the number of representatives in the 2019/20 season of the Champions League and the Europa League .
- 14. ( 15 ) Greece ( league , cup ) - coefficient: 27,600 - CL: 2, EL: 3
- 15. ( 16 ) Croatia ( league , cup ) - coefficient: 27.375 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 16. ( 17 ) Denmark ( league , cup ) - coefficient: 27.025 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 17. ( 12 ) Switzerland ( league , cup ) - coefficient: 26,900 - CL: 2, EL: 3
- 18. ( 19 ) Cyprus ( league , cup ) - coefficient: 24.925 - CL: 1, EL: 3
Status: end of the European Cup season 2018/19
- Super League (Denmark)
- 3F leagues
- Football in Denmark
- List of sports associations in Denmark
- Danish national football team (U-18 juniors)
- Official website (Danish, English)
- UEFA rankings for club competitions. In: UEFA. Retrieved July 14, 2019 .