Friedrich Vollmer (full name Friedrich Karl Vollmer , born November 14, 1867 in Fingscheid , today in Wuppertal , † September 21, 1923 in Farchant ) was a German classical philologist ( Latinist ).
Friedrich Karl Vollmer passed his Abitur in Düsseldorf in 1886 and, after taking the teaching qualification in Bonn in 1890/91 and a probationary year in Koblenz, was a teacher at the grammar school in Düsseldorf. In 1892 he received his doctorate in Bonn. Since 1905 he taught classical philology at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich . Since 1908 he was a full member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences . His estate is in the Bavarian State Library in Munich . Vollmer edited works by Horace , Serenus Sammonicus (as part of the Corpus medicorum Latinorum ) and Flavius Merobaudes and for the Monumenta Germaniae Historica by Eugenius III. of Toledo and Blossius Aemilius Dracontius . He also edited Roman inscriptions from Bavaria and was general editor of the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae .
- De Funere publico Romanorum , dissertatio philologica quam ... publice defendet scriptor Fridericus Vollmer, 1891
- Fl. Merobaudis reliquiae. Blossi Aemilii Dracontii carmina. Eugenii Toletani episcopi carmina et epistulae , Weidmann, Berlin 1905 (Monumenta Germaniae historica. Auctores antiquissimi, T. 14)
- Epitome Thesauri latini. Adornavit et, auxiliantibus compluribus , edidit Dr. Vollmer. Vol. I, fasc. I, a-aedilis. Confectioner, Fr. Vollmer and E. Bickel , 1912
- Inscriptiones Baiuariae Romanae sive inscriptiones Prov. Raetiae adiectis aliquot Noricis Italicisque , Franz, Munich 1915
- Quinti Sereni Liber medicinalis. Teubner, Leipzig / Berlin 1916 (= Corpus medicorum Latinorum. Volume II, fascicle 3).
- Carmina by Quintus Horatius Flaccus , published by Lucian Mueller 1886; Teubner, Leipzig 1917 (Bibliotheca scriptorum Graecorum et Romanorum Teubneriana)
- Hans Rubenbauer : Friedrich Vollmer . In: Biographisches Jahrbuch für die Altertumswwissenschaft , 1924, pp. 88–110 (with list of publications).
- ^ Friedrich Vollmer obituary in the 1924 yearbook of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences (PDF file).
- Literature by and about Friedrich Vollmer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Estate: 15 letters and cards from Max Ihm to Friedrich Karl Vollmer ( BSB Vollmeriana I. Ihm, Max)
- Personal form from Friedrich Vollmer in the personnel file of the BIL reviewer in the archive database of the Library for Research on Educational History (BBF)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Vollmer, Friedrich Karl (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 14, 1867|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Fingscheid , today in Wuppertal|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 21, 1923|
|Place of death||Farchant|