Иртыш, Ертіс (Ertis), É'ěrqísī Hé 额尔齐斯河 (Ertix)
The Irtysh in Omsk
|Water code||RU : 14010100112115300000027|
Xinjiang ( PR China ),
Kazakhstan , Russia
|Drain over||Whether → Arctic Ocean|
Mongolian Altai in China
|Height difference||approx. 2907 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 0.68 ‰|
|Catchment area||1,643,000 km²|
| Discharge at the Tobolsk
A Eo gauge : 958,000 km²
Location: 637 km above the mouth
|2155 m³ / s
2.2 l / (s km²)
||2960 m³ / s
|Left tributaries||Ishim , Wagai , Tobol , Konda , Osha|
|Right tributaries||Ulba , Uba , Buchtarma , Tara , Ui , Om , Turtas , Demjanka , Schisch , Tui , Naryn , Qalschyr , Kürschim , Burqin , Kaba|
|Reservoirs flowed through||Buchtarma reservoir , Öskemen reservoir , Schülbi reservoir|
|Big cities||Öskemen , Semei , Pavlodar , Omsk , Tobolsk|
|Medium-sized cities||Aqsu , Tara , Khanty-Mansiysk|
|Small towns||Serebryansk , Kurchatov|
Course of the Irtysh in the catchment area of the Ob
Irtysh in Koktokay (Xinjiang)
Catchment area of the Irtysh with tributaries
The Irtysh ( Russian Иртыш , Kazakh Ертіс (Ertis), in China officially Ertix , Chinese É'ěrqísī Hé额尔齐斯河) is a 4,248 kilometer left tributary of the Ob in China , Kazakhstan and Russia ( Asia ). The Irtysh is the longest tributary on earth .
The river has its source in China in the Mongolian Altai and flows as the Black Irtysh in a westerly direction; It bears this name up to the confluence with the Saissansee , already on the territory of Kazakhstan . Lake Saissan is mostly flooded by the water from the Buchtarma reservoir , the dam of which was built near Serebryansk , in the western foothills of the Altai. At Semei , the Irtysh enters the vast steppes of Kazakhstan and thus reaches the West Siberian lowlands east of the Urals . It flows through the lowlands in a north-westerly direction and crosses the border with Russia. The first big Russian city he passes is Omsk . At Tobolsk it takes up the Tobol and finally flows into the Ob at Khanty-Mansiysk .
River length and catchment area
The Irtysh (4248 km) together with the lower Ob (1162 kilometers) form one of the longest rivers in the world, the Irtysh – Ob , which has a total length of 5410 kilometers. Its catchment area covers 1,673,470 km², which is roughly 4.6 times the area of Germany . Despite the much larger catchment area, the Irtysh has around 2960 m³ / s, less than half as much water as the Ob at the confluence (around 7200 m³ / s).
- The Irtysh is frozen over from the beginning of November to the end of April.
- Yermak Timofejewitsch , the conqueror of Siberia drowned on September 15, 1585 in the Irtysh.
- The Irtysh is the longest tributary on earth and also has the largest catchment area of all tributaries.
- The Semei Bridge , which spans the river in Semei , is the longest suspension bridge in Central Asia .
- Article Irtysh in the Great Soviet Encyclopedia (BSE) , 3rd edition 1969–1978 (Russian)http: //vorlage_gse.test/1%3D056573~2a%3D~2b%3DIrtysch
- Irtysh in the State Water Register of the Russian Federation (Russian)
- Irtysh at the Tobolsk gauge - hydrographic data from R-ArcticNET
- At the lowest level, Hanti-Mansiysk (98% of the catchment area), the Irtysh has a water flow of 2733 m³ / s ( level data ( Memento of the original from March 3, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this note. ). For the remaining catchment area, the drainage of the intermediate catchment area of the Hanti-Mansiysk (Irtysh), Prochorkino (Ob above) and Belogore (Ob below) gauges was determined and the resulting discharge value was added.