|Oblast :||Chernihiv Oblast|
|Rajon :||Itschnja district|
|Height :||no information|
|Area :||16.16 km²|
|Residents :||11,132 (2017)|
|Population density :||689 inhabitants per km²|
|Area code :||+380 4633|
|Geographic location :|
|Administrative structure :||1 city, 1 urban-type settlement , 2 villages|
16703 м. Ічня
|Website :||Website of the municipal council (  )|
The city was first mentioned in writing in the 14th century. 1957 Itschnja received the status of the city.
On October 9, 2018, there were several large explosions of an initially unknown cause in a warehouse in the area of the village, which is estimated to contain more than 88,000 tons of ammunition, which resulted in the evacuation of more than 12,000 people and the closure of the air space around the ammunition warehouse in a radius of 30 kilometers resulted.
sons and daughters of the town
- Iwan Martos (1754–1835), Russian sculptor
- Stepan Vasylchenko (1879–1932), Ukrainian writer
- Sonia Greene (1883–1972), American writer
- Cities and Settlements in Ukraine on pop-stat.mashke.org ; accessed on April 10, 2018
- Local history of Itschnja in the history of the cities and villages of the Ukrainian SSR ; accessed on 2018 (ukrainian)
- Explosions in ammunition dumps - thousands of people brought to safety. Spiegel Online , October 9, 2018, accessed October 10, 2018.