|District of the GDR||Potsdam|
|surface||894 km² (1989)|
|Population density||86 inhabitants / km² (1989)|
|License Plate||D and P (1953–1990)
DK and DL (1974–1990)
|The Nauen district in the Potsdam district|
The Nauen district was an administrative unit in the Potsdam district of the GDR . From 1990 to 1993 it existed as the Nauen district in the state of Brandenburg . Today its area is mainly in the Havelland district in Brandenburg, partly also in the state of Berlin ( West Staaken ). Its administrative seat was the city of Nauen .
The Nauen district bordered clockwise in the north, beginning with the Neuruppin and Oranienburg districts , West Berlin and the Potsdam-Land , Brandenburg-Land , Brandenburg / Havel , Rathenow and Kyritz districts .
On May 17, 1990, the district was renamed the Nauen district. During the Brandenburg district reform on December 6, 1993, it was merged with the Rathenow district to form the new Havelland district. The administration of the newly formed district took its seat in the city of Rathenow .
- 1990–1993: Burkhard Schröder (SPD)
District municipalities and cities
All places are listed that were independent municipalities on July 25, 1952 when the Nauen district was established.
Motor vehicles (with the exception of motorcycles) and trailers were assigned three-letter distinctive signs starting with the letter pairs DK and DL from around 1974 to the end of 1990 . The last number plate series used for motorcycles was DU 20-01 to DU 40-00 .
At the beginning of 1991 the district received the distinguishing mark NAU . It was issued until the end of 1993. It has been available in the Havelland district since January 4, 2016.
- Statistical yearbooks of the German Democratic Republic. In: DigiZeitschriften. Retrieved February 6, 2010 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Municipalities 1994 and their changes since 01.01.1948 in the new federal states . Metzler-Poeschel, Stuttgart 1995, ISBN 3-8246-0321-7 .
- Law on the self-administration of municipalities and districts in the GDR (municipal constitution) of May 17, 1990
- Andreas Herzfeld: The history of the German license plate . 4th edition. German Flag Society V., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-935131-11-7 , pp. 301 .
- Andreas Herzfeld: The history of the German license plate . 4th edition. German Flag Society V., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-935131-11-7 , pp. 542 .