Senior Field Physician
The senior field doctor is one of the ranks of the Bundeswehr . Oberfeld doctors are medical officers with a license to practice as a doctor or dentist .
|Senior Field Physician|
Rank badges for doctors
|Rank group||Staff officers|
|NATO rank code||OF-4|
|Rank Army / Air Force||Senior Field Physician|
|Marine rank||Flotilla doctor|
|Abbreviation (in lists)||OFDoctor (OFA)|
|Grade||A 15 according to BBesO|
The rank of senior field doctor is determined by the Federal President with the order of the Federal President on the rank designations and the uniform of the soldiers on the basis of the Soldiers Act .
Senior field doctors are often used as specialists in a Bundeswehr hospital. In the armed forces hospitals, medical specialists sometimes manage sub-areas like civil senior physicians . In the Army Aviation Force and in the Air Force , senior field doctors are also aviation doctors . Senior field physicians are often also heads of a medical supply center or a specialist medical center. As a company commander , field doctors run a medical company . In the army, senior medical officers as chief medical officers (brigade doctors) advise the brigade commanders on specialist medical issues. Like all staff officers , senior field doctors also serve in staff departments and units of the authorities, offices, command authorities of all military organizational areas (primarily in the central medical service ) and in the ministry , where they deal with medical issues. In particular, the teaching facilities of the medical service of the Bundeswehr , as well as almost all other training facilities of the Bundeswehr, teach senior field doctors as lecturers .
Appointment and remuneration
The decisive legal basis for the appointment as senior field doctor is met by the Soldiers' Career Ordinance (SLV) and, in addition, the Central Service Regulations (ZDv) 20/7. Temporary soldiers , professional soldiers and assigned reservists can be appointed to the rank of senior field physician . Prerequisite is the membership of one of the runways for medical officers and the approval as a doctor or dentist . The rank can be achieved at the earliest one year after appointment as senior staff doctor. A recruitment with the rank of senior physician is also possible with a qualification corresponding to the use .
A senior field doctor is paid A 15 according to the federal salary regulations (BBesO) . Medical officers of this rank often receive a higher pay than lieutenant colonels of the same rank .
The rank badge for Oberfeldärzte is essentially the same as that for lieutenant colonels . Additional career badges in the form of a staff of Aesculapia serve to differentiate between senior field doctors . In the career badge for doctors, the snake winds in a double twist , for dentists in a single twist around the staff.
With regard to the authority to give orders within the meaning of the Superiors Ordinance and Military Disciplinary Code , with regard to equivalent, subordinate and superior ranks within the meaning of ZDv 14/5, senior field physicians are also treated as equivalent to lieutenant colonels . When it comes to medical issues, in particular, medical officers are often the superiors of higher-ranking soldiers. In the order of promotion to be regularly followed according to the Soldiers' Career Ordinance and ZDv 20/7, the rank preceding the senior field physician is the senior staff doctor and the next rank is the senior physician . Only army and air force uniform wearers hold the rank of senior field physician ; the corresponding rank for naval uniform bearers is the flotilla doctor .
|Lower rank||Higher rank|
Medical Officer Chief Pharmacist Chief Veterinary
Frigate Captain, Chief Medical
Officer, Chief Pharmacist, Chief
Flotilla Doctor, Flotilla
Rank group : Teams-NCOs-NCO-NCOs-Lieutenant-Captains-Staff officers-Generals
In Switzerland, the army chief medical officer is an official title .
- ↑ Left: Rank badge on the shoulder flap of the jacket of the service suit for army uniform wearers of the Army Aviation Troops (human medicine). Right: Rank badge on the shoulder flap of the jacket of the service suit for air force uniform wearers (human medicine).
- ↑ The prerequisite is the license to practice medicine , an obligation for at least one year, a successfully completed aptitude exercise , a two-year activity as a regional doctor or specialist dentist or the qualification as a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery .
- ↑ ZDv 20/7 on the basis of Section 44 of the Soldiers ' Careers Ordinance ( Ordinance on the Careers of Soldiers (Soldiers' Career Ordinance - SLV) . March 19, 2002, Section 44 ( gesetze-im-internet.de [accessed on March 25, 2014] revised) by announcement of August 19, 2011 I 1813. Last amended by Art. 2, Paragraph 5 G of April 8, 2013 I 730). )
- ↑ For reasons of space, shortened captions. What is meant are army and air force uniforms . The dark blue pad shown for army uniforms indicates a soldier in the medical service . In addition to the ones shown here on the shoulder flap of the service suit , there are a number of other types of rank insignia, which are described in more detail in the article → "Rank insignia of the Bundeswehr" .
- ↑ a b c Hartmut Bagger , Command Staff of the Armed Forces I 3, Federal Ministry of Defense (Ed.): ZDv 37/10. Suit regulations for soldiers in the Bundeswehr . July 1996. Reprint from October 2008. Bonn July 16, 2008, 4 labels, p. 539 ( dmb-lv-westfalen.de ( memento from September 19, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) [PDF; 3.5 MB ] Reprint October 2008 replaces first edition from July 1996).
- ↑ a b The Federal Minister of Defense (ed.): ZDv 14/5. Soldiers Act . DSK AV110100174, change status July 17, 2008. Bonn August 21, 1978, rank designations in the Bundeswehr, p. B 185 (Not to be confused with the Law on the Legal Status of Soldiers (Soldiers Law) ).
- ^ Agreed English texts. STANAG 2116 . NATO standardization agreement (STANAG) . NATO codes for grades of military personnel. 5th edition. 1992 (English, rankmaven.tripod.com [accessed March 25, 2014]).
- ↑ a b c The Federal President (Ed.): Order of the Federal President on the rank designations and the uniform of the soldiers . BPresUnifAnO. July 14, 1978 ( gesetze-im-internet.de [PDF] Order of the Federal President on the rank designations and uniforms of soldiers from July 14, 1978 ( Federal Law Gazette I p. 1067 ), last amended by Article 1 of the order of 31. May 1996 ( BGBl. I p. 746 ) has been changed).
- ^ Federal Minister of Defense ; Command Staff of the Armed Forces IV 1 (Ed.): Abbreviations for use in the Bundeswehr - German Abbreviations - ZDv 64/10 . Bonn January 19, 1979 ( pingwins.ucoz.de [PDF] as of September 17, 1999).
- ↑ a b c Appendix I (to § 20, paragraph 2, sentence 1) Bundesbesoldungsgesetz orders of A and B . ( gesetze-im-internet.de [accessed on March 25, 2014] Federal Pay Regulations (BBesO) only apply to professional and temporary soldiers and are an annex to the Federal Pay Act (BBesG)).
- ↑ The Federal Minister of Defense (ed.): Law on the legal status of soldiers (Soldiers Act - SG) . Bonn March 19, 1956, § 4 para. 3 (2) - ( gesetze-im-internet.de [PDF; accessed on March 25, 2014] Newly drafted by notice of May 30, 2005 I 1482. Last amended by Art . 1 G of April 8, 2013 I 730).
- ↑ a b Ordinance on the Careers of Soldiers (Soldiers' Careers Ordinance - SLV) . March 19, 2002 ( gesetze-im-internet.de [accessed on March 25, 2014] Newly drafted by notice of August 19, 2011 I 1813. Last amended by Art. 2 Paragraph 5 G of April 8, 2013 I 730).
- ↑ Note also: Annex (to § 3). Allocation of the career paths of the soldiers to the career groups of the men and women, the NCOs and the officers
- ↑ a b The Federal Minister of Defense ; Personnel, Social and Central Affairs Department (Ed.): ZDv 20/7. Provisions for the transport and for the recruitment, acceptance and admission of soldiers . Bonn March 27, 2002, Art. 635 ( PDF ( memento of October 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) [accessed on March 26, 2014] DSK AP210100187, reprint January 2008).
- ↑ a b Federal Minister of Defense (ed.): Ordinance on the regulation of the military superior relationship (Superior Ordinance - VorgV) . June 4, 1956 ( gesetze-im-internet.de [accessed on March 25, 2014] Last amended by Art. 1 No. 2 V of October 7, 1981 I 1129).
- ^ Military disciplinary code (WDO). In: Laws on the Internet. Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection , August 16, 2001, accessed on November 5, 2014 (from August 16, 2001 ( Federal Law Gazette I p. 2093 ), last amended by Article 7 of the Act of August 28, 2013 ( Federal Law Gazette I p . 3386 ) has been changed).
- ↑ a b The equivalent, higher and lower ranks are given in accordance with ZDv 14/5 B 185, cf. The Federal Minister of Defense (ed.): ZDv 14/5. Soldiers Act . DSK AV110100174, change status July 17, 2008. Bonn August 21, 1978, rank designations in the Bundeswehr, p. B 185 (Not to be confused with the Law on the Legal Status of Soldiers (Soldiers Act) . The order of the ranks shown in the info box does not necessarily correspond to one of the regular rank sequences provided for in the Soldiers' Career Ordinance , nor does it necessarily correspond to the rank hierarchy described in the Superiors Ordinance a managerial relationship ).