After several talent competitions, Corinna May released her first album in 1997. Shaped by the influences of her youth, mainly jazz tracks were to be found on the album she produced herself. Two years later she brought her second album Wie ein Stern, produced and largely written by Hanno Harders , on the market.
Corinna May gained a lot of attention in 1999 when she took part in the German qualification for the Eurovision Song Contest. With her song Listen to the children , she first came first. Since the song had already been released by the composer on another album as Where Have All the Good Times Gone (sung by the group Number Nine), she was subsequently disqualified. Instead, the second-placed group Sürpriz with the title Reise nach Jerusalem - Kudüs'e seyahat was sent to the competition in Jerusalem . Nevertheless, Corinna May made it to number 59 in the charts and stayed there for four weeks.
At her second attempt a year later she appeared with the song I Believe in God , but had to be content with second place behind Stefan Raab .
In 2002 she finally managed to qualify for the Eurovision Song Contest 2002 with the song I Can't Live Without Music (Charts: 72nd place, two weeks in total) . Despite good betting odds and reviews, she finished 21st out of 24 participants with just 17 points in the competition held in the Estonian capital Tallinn .
Her subsequent singles Endless Miles and On My Way to Myself weren't very successful.
In 2004 she sang the titles “ Our Farm” and “ Whether the sun ever shines again ” as “Best German Voice” for the Disney film “ The cows are going ” . She prevailed against Jeanette Biedermann and Yvonne Catterfeld .
After the release of the radio single Jetzt Like Never Before , she got a record deal with DA music; and another promo single, Just Stand Back, was released. This title was able to assert itself in the airplay charts for eleven weeks and reached position 6 as the highest position. The next singles What burns deep in the heart, The world of Marie and Where I can love could not build on this airplay success.
In October 2006, the album "Jetzt wie nie vor" was released under DA Music and at the same time also the double single with the ballads Die Welt der Marie and Wenn Sie haben ... , with which she supports the project "Pro Retina" .
After her contract with DA Music has expired, the singer is now concentrating on live performances in the jazz sector and is also involved with half playback for trade and industry as well as private parties. Feiyr titles are also published online with the self-publisher portal under the label “Ohrzeuge” .
From May 2012 to 2014 she sang in the Bremen band The Green Jukebox Band feat. Oliver Roemer and Corinna May .
In December 2013, the Bremen resident started a project under the pseudonym OneKiss with her friend and colleague Claus - called "with C" - the lead singer of the band Mozhart.
In October 2015, the arrangement for the CD The Mysterious City Hall was completed in the p30 studio of the Bremen broadcasting hall. It continues the story of the Bremen Town Musicians. The contribution to this benefit CD includes the song Santa Claus is coming to town and was produced and recorded with OneKiss.
At the beginning of June 2019, the singer Claus married C.
"Back to the Roots" was the motto on June 26, 2019 in Hanover, Corinna May was welcomed by Dr. Irving Walters (Dr. Eurovision) engaged for the premiere as a singer at Unescon and presented with the orchestra in the stairwell . Her ESC title, as a special feature, Corinna and Joy Fleming's son (Bernd Peter Fleming) performed "A song can be a bridge".
The singer from Bremen has been actively campaigning for the implementation of the BGG ( Disability Equality Act ) and inclusion for years .
With her project OneKiss, the singer also supports that festival rock the dyke.
- 1996: Jazz Art - Soul Songs (Rafael Jung Trio feat. Corinna Meyer)
- 1999: like a star
- 2001: Just listen to the kids (compilation)
- 2002: I Can't Live without Music
- 2006: Now like never before
- 2010: My Best (Compilation)
- 2017: Favorite hits (compilation)
- 1998: Wasn't it just the two of us?
- 1999: Just listen to the kids
- 1999: Everything that Happens (Promo Only)
- 1999: fly with me
- 1999: Peace Always (duet with Claudia Jung)
- 2000: I Believe in God
- 2001: Blowing in the Wind
- 2002: I Can't Live without Music
- 2002: On My Way to Myself
- 2003: Endless Miles
- 2005: Now like never before
- 2006: Just stand still
- 2006: What burns deep in the heart
- 2006: The world of Marie / If you want ...
- 2007: Where I Can Love To (Promo Only)
- 2007: Amazing Grace (online single)
- 2009: Dreamin 'River (online single)
- 2000: Dieter Falk produced a previously unpublished duet with Reba McEntire.
- 2004: Disney's The Cows Are On The Go, German Soundtrack (Our Farm, Whether the Sun Ever Shines Again)
- Being free: Clip Music (with Mino Siciliano, promotional song for Optrofon)
- 2014: Founding of the live duet project One Kiss, with Claus with "C" the band leader of the band MozHart.
- 2014: Production of the festival song * Rock den Deich Part I.
- 2015: Production of the festival song * Rock den Deich Part II.
- 2015: Production and recording Santa Claus is comming to town (charity project) with OneKiss
- 2017: Production of the festival song * Rock den Deich (Schaf Edition)
- 2018: Production of the festival song * Rock den Deich Anniversary Edit
- Corinna-May.de - Official website
- onekiss.de - Official website
- Rock den Deich Festival in Schwanewede
- DA Music
- Corinna May in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Corinna May at Discogs (English)
- Charts DE
- Releases by Label: Archived Copy ( Memento of November 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- Music distribution Feiyr:  .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Meyer, Corinna (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bremen , Free Hanseatic City of Bremen|