Hoffmann & Hoffmann
Hoffmann & Hoffmann were a German singing and writing duo in the field of pop music . It consisted of Michael Hoffmann (born December 3, 1950 in Karlsruhe ) and his brother Günter (born October 4, 1951 in Karlsruhe, † March 15, 1984 in Rio de Janeiro ).
The two brothers played music together while they were still at school. With their first big hit, raspberry ice cream for breakfast , the German version of the Bellamy Brothers hit Crossfire, they performed on September 17, 1977 in the ZDF disco . In February 1980, an appearance in the ZDF hit parade with the title Alles was I need are you followed, the German version of Alan Sorrenti's Tu sei l'unica donna per me .
In 1983 the two took part in the Eurovision Song Contest for Germany . Her title Rücksicht reached number 5. The single reached number 8 in the German charts. The hoped-for success then failed to materialize. Günter Hoffmann committed suicide the following year by throwing himself out of a hotel window in Rio de Janeiro .
Michael Hoffmann was also active as a singer in the late 1980s; Among other things, he appeared on June 18, 1986 in the 201st ZDF hit parade with the title Mich has never made anyone so crazy in my life and in 1987 took part in a German preliminary decision on Eurovision with the title Ich don't give up again Song contest , but unsuccessful. Michael Hoffmann has been producing spiritual and meditative music for several years.
- Nobody knows about our love in 1977
- Raspberry ice cream for breakfast 1977
- With your feet in the fire 1979
- On your street in 1980
- Escaped in 1982
- Hoffmann & Hoffmann 1983
- Rose of Cimarron (Carry Me To The Stars) / A Few Hundred Times (1976)
- Old enough / This day was beautiful (1977)
- Nobody knows about our love / eyes closed (1977)
- Raspberry ice cream for breakfast / You told him the truth (1977)
- Tie the St. Bernard / Where are you from, Marie Madeleine (1978)
- The time machine, Part I / Part II (1978)
- All I Need Is You / The Old Mill (1979)
- America / A Cloud on Your Hat (1979)
- With Your Feet in the Fire / Two Dozen Ways (1979)
- If I lose you / Take the next train to Wuppertal (1980)
- Waiting / Wind in the Face (1980)
- An angel under the roof / I would love to be with you (1981)
- I don't feel you anymore / Help me (1982)
- Consideration / escaped (Grand Prix 1983)
Solo discography Michael Hoffmann
- I see myself like that / And a seagull falls into the water (1985)
- Never in my life has anyone made me so crazy / The moon is reflected in the lake (1986)
- I won't give up / deep sea (1987)
- This is our night / There's a way (1989)
- 1977 Silver Bravo Otto
- Works by and about Hoffmann & Hoffmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Hoffmann & Hoffmann at Allmusic (English)
- Hoffmann & Hoffmann at Discogs (English)
- Michael Hoffmann: After "Raspberry Ice Cream" and "Consideration" -. February 21, 2018, accessed on September 25, 2019 (German).
- Chart discography albums
- Chart discography Singles