Castrum Sancte Maria
|Historical region :||Transylvania|
|Time zone :||EET ( UTC +2)|
|Area :||76 km²|
|Residents :||6,154 (October 20, 2011)|
|Population density :||81 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||507065|
|Telephone code :||(+40) 02 68|
|License plate :||BV|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Community type :||local community|
|Structure :||Feldioara, Colonia Reconstrucția , Rotbav|
|Mayor :||Sorin Taus ( PNL )|
|Postal address :||St. Octavian Goga, no. 55
loc. Feldioara, jud. Brașov, RO-507065
The place is also known under the German name Marenburch and the Hungarian name Szászföldvár .
The place is located about 20 kilometers north of Brașov ( Kronstadt ). It was built on a 40-70 meter high ledge.
In 1211 the Teutonic Order built a castle here. Archaeological finds from before 1211 suggest, however, that the place was settled before. The aforementioned Marienburg of the Teutonic Knights was built on a high mountain height. In the course of time, the settlement of the same name also emerged. The Romanian name of this community was derived from the Hungarian name Föld-vár ( transl .: earth castle ).
In 2009 there were still 26 registered members of the Protestant Church ( Transylvanian Saxony ).
- The Marienburg, which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1838, remained in ruins for decades. 2013-2017 it was rebuilt.
- In addition to the castle, the Feldioara fortified church , the local church, in the form of a fortified church , should be mentioned as a sight.
An old view of the Marienburg before the reconstruction
- Marienburg at sevenbuerger.de
- Feldioara ghidulprimariilor.ro
- Feldioara on the Brașov Board of Directors website