|Historical region :||Transylvania|
|Time zone :||EET ( UTC +2)|
|Area :||151.42 km²|
|Residents :||2,103 (October 20, 2011)|
|Population density :||14 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||507090|
|Telephone code :||(+40) 02 68|
|License plate :||BV|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Community type :||local community|
|Structure :||Hârseni, Copăcel , Măliniș , Mărgineni , Sebeș|
|Mayor :||Mihai Oltean ( PSD )|
|Postal address :||Str. Principală, no. 175
loc. Hârseni, jud. Brașov, RO-507090
The municipality of Hârseni is located in the northern foothills of the Fagaras Mountains ( Munții Făgăraș ). In the southwest of the Brașov district, the place is on the Sebeş brook - a left tributary of the Olt ( Alt ) - and on the DJ 104B county road ( drum județean ) about ten kilometers south of the town of Făgăraş ( Fogarasch ); the district capital Brașov ( Kronstadt ) is located about 80 kilometers southeast.
The place Hârseni was first mentioned in 1520.
In the 1850 census, 3409 people were counted in the area of the Hârseni municipality. In the community, which is predominantly Romanian , the highest number of inhabitants (3767) and also that of the Romanians (3728) were registered in 1900. The highest population of the Magyars (39) was determined in 1910, that of the Romanian Germans (25) in 1890 and that of the Roma (170) in 1930. In 2011 there were 2103 people in the municipality of Hârseni. In 1932 there were Romanians, 101 Roma and the rest of them gave no information about their ethnicity.
- In the incorporated village of Copăcel, the Romanian Orthodox Church Buna Vestire , built between 1727 and 1797, is a listed building.
- In the incorporated village of Mărgineni the Sf. Nicolae Church, built in 1791, is a listed building.
- David Urs de Margina (1816–1897), Romanian-born Austrian officer, born in Mărgineni.
- 2011 census in Romania ( MS Excel ; 1.3 MB)
- Heinz Heltmann, Gustav Servatius (Ed.): Travel Guide Siebenbürgen. Kraft, Würzburg 1993, ISBN 3-8083-2019-2 .
- Census, last updated November 1, 2008 (Hungarian; PDF; 521 kB)
- Information on the Buna Vestire at biserici.org accessed on April 14, 2016 (Romanian)
- List of historical monuments of the Romanian Ministry of Culture, updated 2010 (PDF; 7.10 MB)
- Information on the Sf. Nicolae from biserici.org accessed on April 14, 2016 (Romanian)