|Historical region :||Transylvania|
|Time zone :||EET ( UTC +2)|
|Area :||20.94 km²|
|Residents :||1,309 (October 20, 2011)|
|Population density :||63 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||507272|
|Telephone code :||(+40) 02 68|
|License plate :||BV|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Community type :||local community|
|Mayor :||Lucian Vasile Oprea ( PSD )|
|Postal address :||Str. Principală, no. 39
loc. Holbav, jud. Brașov, RO-507272
|City Festival :||15/16 August, community festival|
The municipality of Holbav is located in the southeast of the Transylvanian Basin, south of the Măgura-Codlei mountain ( Zeidner Berg ). Holbav is located twelve kilometers southwest of the city of Codlea ( Zeiden ) on the creek of the same name and the district road ( Drum județean ) DJ 106B , the district capital Brașov ( Kronstadt ) is 20 kilometers east.
The place consists of the two kilometers long, along the Holbav brook , the actual town center and the scattered properties on the surrounding hills.
Holbav was first mentioned in a document in 1570. The place was part of the municipality of Vulcan ( Wolkendorf ), became an independent municipality in 2004 with the restructuring.
Holbav does not have a drinking water supply or sewerage system. The properties on the hills surrounding the village center, about 130 or 211 households (according to various reports), do not have an electricity connection.
In the place, which is predominantly Romanian , the highest number of inhabitants (1921) and also that of the Romanians (1915) were registered in 1966. The highest population of the Magyars (22) and that of the Romanian Germans (7) was determined in 1930 and that of the Roma (9) in 1850. In 1966 one of them claimed to be a Slovak .
- Holbav at ghidulprimariilor.ro
- Holbav at prefecturabrasov.ro
- Holbav (Holbac) at LC Digital Collections Home
- 2011 census in Romania ( MS Excel ; 1.3 MB)
- Heinz Heltmann, Gustav Servatius (Ed.): Travel Guide Siebenbürgen. Kraft, Würzburg 1993, ISBN 3-8083-2019-2 .
- Foundation of the Holbav community through the reorganization of the Vulcan community from monitoruljuridic.ro, accessed on April 30, 2016 (Romanian)
- Cristan Tabără: Holbav, the darkness in the heart of the country , a film interview with villagers (2009)
- Information on Holbav from prefecturabrasov.ro accessed on April 30, 2016 (Romanian)
- Census, last updated November 1, 2008 (Hungarian; PDF; 521 kB)