|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Swabia|
|Management Community :||Großaitingen|
|Height :||539 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||39.05 km 2|
|Residents:||5192 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||133 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||86845|
|Area code :||08203|
|License plate :||A , SMÜ, WHO|
|Community key :||09 7 72 151|
|Community structure:||4 parts of the community|
|Address of the
|Am Alten Markt 3
|Mayor :||Erwin Goßner|
|Location of the community Großaitingen in the Augsburg district|
The place Großaitingen is about 15 kilometers southwest of Augsburg on the Singold and Wertach , on the western edge of the Lech-Wertach plain. About five kilometers south of Großaitingen is the town of Schwabmünchen , five kilometers north of Bobingen . The community of Wehringen is located between Bobingen and Großaitingen . The district of Reinhartshofen borders in the west and Kleinaitingen in the east . Großaitingen also includes the Gnadental settlement founded in 1948 by people displaced from Transylvania.
- Eggerhof ( wasteland )
- Großaitingen ( parish village )
- Hardt ( village )
- Reinhartshofen ( Kirchdorf )
Until the church is planted
It is believed that Großaitingen is an originally Alemannic-Germanic settlement that was founded around the year 500. Großaitingen is first documented in writing around 972/973 in the biography of Prince-Bishop Ulrich von Augsburg . The area belonged to the relatively closed and most important possession of the cathedral monastery of Augsburg . In 1803 the place became part of Bavaria in the course of secularization .
On May 1, 1978, most of the dissolved Reinhartshofen community was incorporated.
Between 1988 and 2018, the community grew from 3,726 to 5,133 by 1,407 inhabitants or 37.8%.
- CSU : 6 seats (28.5%)
- Alliance 90 / The Greens : 3 seats (16.7%)
- SPD : 2 seats (11.9%)
- Großaitingen Free Voters' Association: 4 seats (22.0%)
- Free voting community Reinhartshofen-Hardt: 2 seats (8.5%)
- Young list: 1 seat (4.9%)
- Free Citizens Union: 2 seats (7.4%)
In the term of office from May 2014 to April 2020, the distribution of seats in the municipal council (16 members plus mayor) was as follows:
- CSU: 5 seats
- SPD: 4 seats
- Großaitingen Free Voters' Association: 3 seats
- Free community of voters Reinhartshofen-Hardt: 2 seats
- Free Citizens Union: 1 seat
- Young list: 1 seat
Erwin Goßner, who is not part of the party, has been mayor since May 1, 2014. He was elected by the SPD on March 16, 2014 with 50.9 percent of the vote. On March 15, 2020, he was confirmed in office with 73.4% of two candidates in the first ballot; he stood as a candidate for the group of voters Together for Großaitingen . His predecessor was Franz Stellinger (SPD) (2002-2014).
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In a shield roughened with white and blue, a golden ball with an inner border and a horizontal line (orb)."|
Economy and Infrastructure
There is an oil field in operation on the municipality's territory since 1979. In 2012, Wintershall sank new wells in the area to maintain production for the next two decades.
Großaitingen has a separate industrial area on the Augsburg – Buchloe railway line , which arose from the former Großaitingen train station. Wintershall operates a natural gas flaring facility here as well as the dispatch of the oil extracted here.
- Cyrill Kistler (* 1848 in Großaitingen, † 1907 in Bad Kissingen), composer
- Michael Lang (* 1862 in Ettringen , † 1932 ibid.), Owner of the sawmill in Großaitingen since 1888 and paper manufacturer in Ettringen since 1910
- Josef Heigl (* 1953 in Großaitingen, † 2013 in Augsburg), cathedral chapter in the diocese of Augsburg
Churches and chapels
- Catholic St. Nicholas Church
- Protestant Dietrich Bonhoeffer Church
- Sebastian Chapel
- Leonhard's Chapel
- Ottilien Chapel
- Großaitingen municipality on the website of the Großaitingen administrative community (accessed on April 9, 2011)
- Großaitingen: Official statistics of the LfStat (PDF; 1.23 MB)
- Hausmann, Alfred: Who knows the Gnadental and its origins? 
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Community Großaitingen> mayor & local council. Verwaltungsgemeinschaft Großaitingen, accessed on August 6, 2020 .
- Community Großaitingen in the local database of the Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on August 20, 2019.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 768 .
- Entry on the coat of arms of Großaitingen in the database of the House of Bavarian History
- Oil production in Aitingen