Hermann Buse was a professional racing cyclist from 1928 to 1936. In 1930, as a driver for Dürkopp's team, he was the overall winner of the Tour of Germany , ahead of his compatriot Kurt Stöpel . His victory was a prestigious success, especially for his Dürkopp racing team , as the tour should result in a technical decision on the question of better tires (balloon tires or high-pressure tires). In the same year he won at Liège – Bastogne – Liège ; In 1932 he was fourth again in this race. Buse is the only German so far to have won this classic alongside Dietrich Thurau (1979) .
In 1932 Buse won the second stage of the Giro d'Italia from Vicenza to Udine and wore the pink jersey for five days, making him the first non-Italian to wear this leadership jersey introduced in 1931; in the overall ranking he was 16. After him, Gregor Braun was only able to conquer the pink jersey for one day as a German starter in 1981. Buse started four times in the Tour de France ; He achieved his best placement as 22nd in 1931 , in the other participations he gave up early.
Hermann Buse was drafted into the Wehrmacht in March. He died as a soldier in street fighting in Berlin during World War II .
- 8th stage International Opel-Germany Tour
- 2nd stage Giro d'Italia
- 1929 Opel
- 1930 Dürkopp
- 1930–1931 Opel
- 1931 Pullmann
- 1932 Opel
- 1932 Atala
- 1933 Delangle
- 1933 Olympia & Oscar Egg
- 1934 Wanderer
- 1934–1936 Oscar Egg
- 1936 - Tendil
- 1937 - Presto
- Kurt Graunke / Walter Lemke / Wolfgang Rupprecht: giants from then until today. The history of the German professional road cyclists . Munich 1993 ISBN 3980327302 , various pages
- Velo Gotha . Brussels 1984. p. 84
- Werner Ruttkus, Wolfgang Schoppe: Round gyro & Berlin air . Self-published by Werner Ruttkus, Zossen 2011, p. 343 .
- Association of German cyclists (ed.): Radsport . No. 21/1970 . Deutscher Sportverlag Kurt Stoof, Cologne 1970, p. 18 .
- Hermann Buse on memoire-du-cyclisme.eu
- Hermann Buse in the Radsportseiten.net database
- Hermann Buse in the Tour de France database(French / English )
- Hermann Buse on memoire-du-cyclisme.net
- Herbert Watterott: German dreams in pink on procycling.de (PDF file; 2.2 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German racing cyclist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 27, 1907|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 28, 1945|
|Place of death||Berlin|