Michele Bartoli (born May 27, 1970 in Pisa ) is a former Italian cyclist . His nickname was Il Guerriero (German: The Warrior ). He was a professional cyclist from 1992 to 2004 . His first win was in 1993 for the Mercatone Uno team , for which Marco Pantani later drove. He has been married to Alessandra Ciuffardi since 1994 .
Bartoli was one of the most successful classic hunters . He won the overall World Cup twice and won eight World Cup races, including Liège – Bastogne – Liège and the Tour of Flanders, races with extremely different requirements.
After his best year in 1998, and after Bartoli started very promising in 1999 with victories at the Walloon Arrow and Tirreno-Adriatico , he suffered a serious knee injury during the Germany Tour and subsequently lost the lead in the UCI world rankings , which he won from October 1998 to June 1999. In 2000 he drove with two fourth places at the Olympic road race in Sydney and at the World Championships just past the medal ranks. In 2002 he achieved his first World Cup victory on Italian soil by winning the Tour of Lombardy . He repeated this victory in 2003. After the 2004 season Michele Bartoli resigned from cycling.
- World Cup races:
- other important races:
- Overall winner Tirreno – Adriatico (1999)
- La Flèche Wallonne (1999)
- Omloop Het Volk (2001)
- Italian champion (2000)
- Giro dell'Emilia (1996 and 2002)
- Giro del Lazio (2003)
- Giro del Veneto (1996)
- Milan – Turin (2002)
- 2 stages Giro d'Italia (1 × 1994, 1 × 1998)
- Overall winner Three Days of De Panne (1995 and 1998)
- Overall winner Mediterranean Tour (2002)
- Mercatone Uno (1992–1995)
- MG Technogym (1996-1997)
- Asics-CGA (1998)
- Mapei-Quick Step (1999-2000)
- Mapei-Quick Step / Fassa Bortolo (2001)
- Fassa Bortolo (2002-2003)
- Team CSC (2004)
- Michele Bartoli in the database of Radsportseiten.net
- Michele Bartoli in the database of Sports-Reference (English; archived from the original )
- Bartoli becomes a trainer at Lampre. In: radsportnews.com. November 30, 2012, accessed January 3, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian cyclist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 27, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pisa|