In 2002 he was co-founder and subsequently the singer and frontman of the rock band Mondscheiner , some of whose members had already been doing cabaret and music together in the 1990s. With Das what wir sind , the Mondscheiner also entered the charts in 2006. In November 2009 the band announced their breakup, and in 2010 a farewell tour followed.
From 2004 to 2006 Rubey was engaged as a theater actor at the Landestheater Linz in the u \ hof: Children's and youth theater division . He also appeared in the pieces Picoletto (2006) and King Lear (2007).
He was shown to the cinema audience in the title role of Falco - Damn, We're Still Alive! (2007), a film adaptation of the life of Falco . This was followed by a role alongside Karl Merkatz in Echte Wiener - Die Sackbauer-Saga (2008), the movie for the television series A real Viennese does not go under . Two years later he also played the role of René Sackbauer in the sequel Echte Wiener 2 - Die Deppat'n und die Gspritzt'n . In spring and summer 2011 Rubey was in front of the camera in the series Braunschlag by David Schalko and Borgia .
In 2011 Rubey and Thomas Stipsits presented the joint cabaret program Triest in Vienna's Rabenhof Theater , for which they were awarded the main prize of the Austrian Cabaret Prize. In the same year he also played in porn with Jaschka Lämmert , Philipp Hochmair and Robert Palfrader at the Rabenhof Theater . In addition, the internet series fauner consulting came into being from autumn 2011 with him in the leading role of Franz Fauner.
In 2015, the series Altes Geld followed, the second part of Schalko's planned series trilogy on the subject of greed and corruption. Also in 2015, together with Stipsits, he celebrated the premiere of the Gott & Söhne cabaret program in the Wiener Stadtsaal .
From 2017 he played the role of the ghost of Crown Prince Rudolf in Mayerling (Singspiel by Ernst Molden) at the Vienna Rabenhoftheater.
In January 2020 he premiered his first solo cabaret program Goldfisch in the Wiener Stadtsaal.
In addition to his professional activities, Rubey supports various social projects and campaigns against right-wing extremism . On his homepage, he also spoke out in favor of the resignation of the then third President of the National Council, Martin Graf (FPÖ). In 2016 he was part of the personal committee for the presidential candidacy of Alexander Van der Bellens . Rubey has been married since 2019.
- 2007: SOKO Kitzbühel (TV series)
- 2007: Jump!
- 2008: Falco - Damn it, we're still alive!
- 2008: Real Viennese - The Sackbauer Saga
- 2008: Quickly determined
- 2008: blood friendship
- 2008: Tatort: Exitus (TV series)
- 2009: SOKO Donau (TV series)
- 2009: Tatort - desire to have children
- 2010: Aufschneider (TV two-parter)
- 2010: the test of courage
- 2010: The late bloomers (TV movie)
- 2010: Jud Süß - film without a conscience
- 2010: day and night
- 2010: Real Viennese 2 - The Deppat'n and the Gspritzt'n
- 2010: Paradeisiana (short film)
- 2011: fire
- 2011: How to Live
- 2011-2014: Borgia (TV series)
- 2011: fauner consulting ( internet series )
- 2012: Stralsund - bloody trail
- 2012: Hubert and Staller
- 2012: Braunschlag (TV series)
- 2012: my daughter, her boyfriend and me
- 2013: two-seat rocket
- 2013: The factory strikers
- 2014: high performance
- 2014: Boͤsterreich (TV series)
- 2014: The stranger and the village
- 2015: Gruber leaves
- 2015: Old Money (TV series)
- 2015-2017: In prison (TV series)
- 2016: Out of the skin
- 2016: Since you've been here
- 2016: What just ruined us
- 2016: hangover
- 2016: Country thriller - Dragon Maiden
- 2017: driven hunt in the village
- 2017: City Comedy - The White Lie
- 2017: High Society
- 2018: After work beer
- 2018: Tatort: The man who lies
- 2018: The Team - TV series, season 2
- 2019: Wilsberg - minus 196 °
- 2019: Country thriller - The dark paradise
- 2019: Under different circumstances - In the dark valley
- 2019: Leberkäsjunkie
- 2019: once were revolutionaries
- 2019: Something always stays (TV thriller, ZDF)
- 2020: Annie - headfirst into life (TV movie)
- 2020: Dennstein & Schwarz - character assassination
- 2008: Falco - Damn it, we're still alive! (Soundtrack)
- 2018:… your Lise - the physicist Lise Meitner in exile (audio book © 2018 Buchfunk Verlag / Leipzig)
- 2011: Trieste with Thomas Stipsits
- 2015: Gott & Sons with Thomas Stipsits
- 2020: Goldfish (Solo)
- 2020: Sleep one more time, then it's tomorrow , Molden / Styria, Vienna 2020, ISBN 978-3-222-15057-9
- 2008: Undine Award for Best Film Debutant in Falco - Damn, We're Still Alive!
- 2012: Austrian Cabaret Prize for Trieste (with Thomas Stipsits)
- 2016: Ybbser jester (together with Thomas Stipsits)
- Manuel Rubey - official website
- Manuel Rubey in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Agency profile at Above The Line, accessed August 3, 2020
- Die Presse : Manuel Rubey: Landestheater, Mondscheiner, Falco , July 10, 2007
- Manuel Rubey as Rene Sackbauer ( Memento from January 10, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Rabenhof Theater : PORNO , accessed on January 21, 2012
- manuelrubey.com: Who is the Lässig family?
- Courier: "Gott & Sons": Charming Wuchteldrucker , article from October 1, 2015, accessed on October 3, 2015.
- Manuel Rubey presents his first solo cabaret with "Goldfisch". In: k.at. January 10, 2020, accessed January 11, 2020 .
- Manuel Rubeys solo cabaret: The tragic hero in Neobiedermeier. In: DerStandard.at . January 10, 2020, accessed January 11, 2020 .
- Gars: "Secret" wedding: Manuel Rubey got married! Accessed August 21, 2020 .
- Fauner Consulting
- Chart discography Austria
- Werner Rosenberger: Manuel Rubey: "The I as a disaster scenario". In: Kurier.at . January 6, 2020, accessed January 6, 2020 .
- Kurier: Two jokers for the first time - Ybbsiade award for Thomas Stipsits and Manuel Rubey. . Article dated April 15, 2016, accessed August 6, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian rock singer and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 26, 1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|