|management||Frank Wirthwein, Marcus Wirthwein, Dr. Ralf Zander|
|Number of employees||3,650 (2020/05)|
|sales||433 million euros (2019)|
|Branch||Plastic processing, interior work|
The Wirthwein Aktiengesellschaft is the parent company of the Wirth wine group. The company's headquarters are in Creglingen in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg . The group employs around 3,650 people in 22 companies around the world in Germany , Poland , Spain , China , the USA and Turkey . Wirthwein AG is a family-run company, the shares are 100% owned by the Wirthwein family.
Companies of Wirthwein group make plastic components in the injection molding and injection molds for the business segments automotive, railway , electrical industry, household appliances and medical ago. With Bembé Parkett and Winkler Design, the group is also active in the field of interior design.
Customers include automobile manufacturers and suppliers. The company produces plastic components for the interior and exterior in the following areas: sunroof components , seat belts , door components, window frame panels, bumpers , engine compartments, decorative elements, instrument panels , cooling systems, chassis and engine cooling .
Product examples are angled guide plates, sleeper dowels, intermediate layers, intermediate plates, insulating components, cable ducts and components for rail mounting systems. Worldwide, Wirthwein has supplied products for a total of more than 30,000 kilometers of railway lines on which trains travel at speeds of up to 450 km / h. For example, all plastic components for the prestige route from Beijing to Shanghai were supplied via the system supplier and long-standing customer Vossloh Fastening Systems GmbH . Wirthwein is a recognized world market leader with over 3,000 different products for railway superstructures . Customers include, for example, Deutsche Bahn AG , European and non-European state railways, industrial and private railways, local transport companies, industrial and track construction companies, concrete sleeper works and mining companies.
Product examples are fan wheels for fans , housing covers and protective grids, guide elements and assemblies for the high- voltage area or plastic components for engine cooling in the commercial vehicle area. In cooperation with ebm-papst , Wirthwein carries out development work on the use of biomaterials such as WPC - Wood-Plastic-Composite - with a focus on environmental protection and resource conservation. Customers include ebm-papst, Siemens , Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen and Modine Europe GmbH .
As one of the leading manufacturers, Wirthwein produces almost all plastic components and assemblies for household appliances such as washing machines , tumble dryers , dishwashers , stoves, refrigeration and floor care appliances . In the early 1990s, Wirthwein started producing vacuum cleaner parts. With the start of the production of tubs for the customer BSH Hausgeräte in 1996, the home appliances sector continued to develop and is now the largest business area of the group. In 2010, Wirthwein became the supplier of laundry care through BSH Hausgeräte GmbH of the year award.
Riegler GmbH & Co. KG has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wirthwein AG since 2005 and was renamed Wirthwein Medical GmbH & Co. KG with effect from July 1, 2020. The range of services in the medical technology business area includes system packaging, kits and consumables, functional items, bottles, containers and the associated closures. The products are used, for example, in laboratory diagnostics , pharmacy , chemistry , biotechnology and cosmetics . In 2012, the Darmstadt-Dieburg district named Wirthwein Medical GmbH & Co. KG (then as Riegler GmbH & Co. KG) as “Company of the Year” for its innovations and investments .
With Winkler Design GmbH & Co. KG and Bembé Parkett GmbH & Co. KG , the Wirthwein Group is active in the field of interior design. Winkler Design is a specialist in custom-made counter systems, food serving and industrial kitchen technology. Company casinos are now hubs for communication, meeting points for employees or places of rest and relaxation. All counter landscapes are manufactured individually according to customer requirements. Furthermore, Winkler Design has been equipping a wide variety of rail vehicles with kitchen and counter systems for over 40 years. For example, Winkler Design built all on-board restaurants for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation of the ICE . In addition, the company works for the ETR 500 and ETR 1000 of Trenitalia , the double-decker trains of the Swiss Federal Railways and the Polish railway companies PKP and PESA .
In 1949, the company's founder, Walter Wirthwein, began producing octagonal wooden pegs in the basement of his house, which were used to renovate wooden sleepers in the railway superstructure.
In 1952 his father-in-law Friedrich Schmidt joined the company, which was converted into Wirthwein KG. A production hall for wood processing was built along the Tauber. In 1967 the company entered plastics processing with three injection molding machines . Since 1969 the company has been manufacturing with its own injection molding tools. For further diversification , Wirthwein took over the thermometer production from August Flor in 1972. In 1974 the company employed around 100 people. In addition to railroads, other branches of industry were also supplied with wood and plastic products and thermometers.
After Walter Wirthwein's death in 1978, the company was divided on January 1, 1979. Klaus Wirthwein took over the thermometer production and has been running it as an independent company to this day. Udo Wirthwein continued to run Walter Wirthwein KG. The focus of the company remained wood processing and plastic injection molding for the railroad with around 60% of the business.
In 1991, Wirthwein Brandenburg GmbH & Co. KG was established in Brandenburg-Kirchmöser on the site of a former shooting range of the National People's Army . Production was mainly for rail needs, as the ailing route network in the new federal states had to be renovated.
At the same time, the first contacts to the home appliance manufacturer BSH Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH were made . From 1992 plastic parts for washing machines were produced, initially at the Brandenburg location and from 1996 in the newly built plant in Nauen .
In 1995, with the takeover of Georg Winkler KG and the establishment of Winkler Design GmbH & Co. KG in Röttingen ( Bavaria ), the company entered the interior design business with the production of interior fittings, counters, food serving and on-board restaurants for rail vehicles .
In 1999 Formtechnik Osterode GmbH & Co. KG was integrated into the Wirthwein Group in order to meet the increasing demand for injection molds.
In 2004, Wirthwein was awarded the contract as system supplier in the area of dryer production. As a result, a separate building could be built in 2005 in the immediate vicinity of the new laundry dryer factory of BSH Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH in Lodz ( Poland ). In 2003 Wirthwein followed the major customer to New Bern , ( North Carolina ) in the USA . In 2009 further subsidiaries were founded in Friedberg, Bavaria, and in Saragossa , ( Spain ). Today Wirthwein produces plastic components for washing machines , tumble dryers , dishwashers , cookers and refrigerators at a total of five locations .
In 2005, Riegler GmbH & Co. KG in Mühltal was taken over and renamed Wirthwein Medical GmbH & Co. KG with effect from July 1, 2020. The company, founded in 1946, has been a medical technology supplier for over 25 years. The portfolio includes plastic components for medical technology, diagnostics, pharmacy , cosmetics and other technical applications.
In 2006 the Wirthwein family took over Bembé Parkett GmbH & Co. KG . The production, installation and revision of parquet floors, which has existed since 1780, has been continued in a legally independent company since then.
The construction of a transport infrastructure is one of the most important development priorities in China , for example the construction of high-speed lines . Wirthwein has been supplying plastic components for the construction of these railway lines from the Kunshan site since 2007 , for example for the prestigious Beijing - Shanghai route .
Further expansion of the company will take place in 2012: With effect from March 1, 2012, Wirthwein AG acquired essential assets of Thermoplast Technik Deutschland Holding GmbH & Co. KG (ttb-group) through three newly founded companies. The new subsidiaries are located in Eichenzell , Crimmitschau and Sasbach . In April 2012, a production facility was purchased in Muel, Spain. In September 2012 "South Carolina Plastics, LLC" was founded in Fountain Inn in the US state of South Carolina and renamed Wirthwein Fountain Inn, LLC on July 1, 2020. At the second location in the USA , mainly plastic components for BMW are produced in Spartanburg .
In 2015 Wirthwein bought 70% of the shares in Farel Plastik AS in Turkey and now produces in Çerkezköy near Istanbul . The company mainly manufactures plastic products for the household appliance industry and, to a lesser extent, in the automotive sector.
In 2016, Wirthwein acquired a stake in JenaBatteries GmbH, a classic start-up company, and thus continued its commitment to sustainability. The aim is to develop a polymer-based redox flow battery . Storage of this size is used in solar, wind and water power plants, as well as the stabilization of power grids.
2017: The construction of a new assembly and logistics hall at the Polish location in Lodz is an important step into the future. The total investment is around 3.3 million euros. The new building is used for the assembly of dryer components and for storing purchased parts, raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods.
2018: The newly founded company "Shenyang Wirthwein Technology Co., Ltd." is a joint venture in which the two partners Wirthwein AG and "Changshu Automotive Trim Co., Ltd." (CAIP for short) each hold 50 percent of the shares. Series production will start on May 1, 2019. The plan is to equip around 140,000 vehicles a year with the different types of window frame cladding.
- 1949: Wirthwein GmbH & Co. KG in Creglingen , Baden-Württemberg
- 1991: Wirthwein Brandenburg GmbH & Co. KG in Brandenburg-Kirchmöser , Brandenburg
- 1995: Winkler Design GmbH & Co. KG in Röttingen , Bavaria
- 1995: Wirthwein Nauen GmbH & Co. KG in Nauen , Brandenburg
- 1998: Wirthwein Polska Sp. Z oo in Łódź , Poland
- 1998: Wirthwein AG in Creglingen , Baden-Württemberg
- 1999: Formtechnik Osterode GmbH & Co. KG in Osterode am Harz , Lower Saxony
- 2003: Wirthwein New Bern Corp. in New Bern , North Carolina , USA (until June 30, 2020 Carolina Technical Plastics Corp.)
- 2005: Wirthwein Medical GmbH & Co. KG in Mühltal , Hessen (until June 30, 2020 Riegler GmbH & Co. KG)
- 2006: Bembé Parkett GmbH & Co. KG in Bad Mergentheim , Baden-Württemberg
- 2007: Wirthwein Fastening Systems (Kunshan) Co. Ltd. in Kunshan , China
- 2007: Wirthwein Technical Plastics (Kunshan) Co. Ltd. in Kunshan , China
- 2009: Wirthwein Friedberg GmbH & Co. KG in Friedberg , Bavaria
- 2009: Wirthwein Zaragoza SL in Saragossa , Spain (until June 30, 2020 Plásticos Zaragón SL)
- 2012: Wirthwein Eichenzell GmbH & Co. KG in Eichenzell , Hesse
- 2012: Wirthwein Crimmitschau GmbH & Co. KG in Crimmitschau , Saxony
- 2012: Wirthwein Sasbach GmbH & Co. KG in Sasbach , Baden-Württemberg
- 2012: Wirthwein Fountain Inn, LLC in Fountain Inn, South Carolina , USA (until June 30, 2020 South Carolina Plastics, LLC)
- 2015: 70% stake in Farel Plastik AS in Çerkezköy , Tekirdağ , Turkey
- 2016: <25% stake in JenaBatteries GmbH in Jena , Thuringia
- 2018: 50% joint venture in Shenyang Wirthwein Technology Co., Ltd. in Shenyang , China
Company management since July 1, 2020
- Frank Wirthwein, Spokesman for the Management Board and Director Sales
- Marcus Wirthwein, Chief Technology Officer
- Dr. Ralf Zander, Chief Financial Officer
- Udo Wirthwein, chairman of the supervisory board
- 1997: Dr. Rudolph Eberle Innovation Prize of the State of Baden-Württemberg - Recognition for the development of the plastic cable duct
- 2000: Federal Cross of Merit to Udo Wirthwein
- 2004: Citizen's Medal of the City of Creglingen in Gold and Staufer's Medal of the State of Baden-Württemberg to Udo Wirthwein
- 2010: Supplier of the year in the “laundry care” product area for the years 2008 and 2009 for the customer BSH Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH
- 2011: "TOP Supplier of the Year 2011" from the automotive supplier Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft
- 2012: Riegler GmbH & Co. KG named "Company of the Year" in the Darmstadt-Dieburg district
- 2013: Robert Bosch GmbH distinguishes Wirthwein AG as a preferred supplier in the area of "plastic components".
- Claus-Peter Mühleck u. Daniela Pfeuffer: Sixty. Chronicle for the 60th anniversary of the Wirthwein company . Sigloch Edition KG, Blaufelden 2009. Ed. Wirthwein AG, Creglingen.
- Florian Langenscheidt, Bernd Venohr (Hrsg.): Lexicon of the German world market leaders. German Standards Editions, Cologne 2014, ISBN 978-3-86936-656-2 , pages 670-673.
- Florian Langenscheidt, Peter May (ed.): Lexicon of German family businesses. German Standards Editions, Cologne 2014, ISBN 978-3-86936-530-5 , pages 1072-1074.
- Official homepage of Wirthwein AG
- Official homepage of Wirthwein Medical GmbH & Co. KG
- Official homepage of Winkler Design GmbH & Co. KG
-  . Short facts about the Wirthwein Group. Wirthwein AG website. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
-  . Plastics specialist Riegler invests in Mühltal: two new clean rooms go into operation. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . The plastics processor Wirthwein invests in new business areas. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . 18 months from idea to action. Development of net wind deflectors - a component for sliding roofs. Tauber-Zeitung, April 19, 2013.
-  . Wirthwein is a preferred supplier to Robert Bosch GmbH. Press release in the trade journal Kunststoffe. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
-  . Wirthwein Group: Plastics specialist starts 2011 with high expectations. China is the engine of growth. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . Wirthwein: From inventor to world market leader. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . InnoTrans railway fair: Virtual Market Place. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . A sign with which we set standards. Homepage ebm-papst. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
-  . Wirthwein company honored as "Supplier of the Year" in the area of "laundry care". Franconian news. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- change of four subsidiaries of Wirthwein AG worldwide. Retrieved July 1, 2020 .
- Plastic for blood washing in the dialyzer . Practical report in the trade journal DeviceMed . Retrieved February 6, 2014
- Awards for innovations and investments in the region . Press release from the Darmstadt-Dieburg district. Retrieved February 18, 2013
-  . Winkler Design: Whether a BMW engineer in Munich or travelers on the train from Baku to Istanbul eat in the on-board restaurant. Main-Post Wuerzburg. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
-  . Where the land is great. Franconian news about the film on Bavarian television. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
-  . Udo Wirthwein celebrates his 70th birthday. Fränkische Nachrichten on April 29, 2014. Accessed June 15, 2018.
- Thermobau: conversion to KG. w.news, business magazine of the IHK Heilbronn-Franken. Retrieved March 12, 2014 ( Memento March 12, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
-  . Website of Thermobau Wirthwein KG. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
-  . Wirthwein has been working in Kirchmöser for 25 years. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Second mainstay as first choice. Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Wirthwein: 20 new jobs are created. Press release in the trade journal Kunststoffe. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Wirthwein expands production in Poland. OWC publishing house for foreign trade. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- New Wirthwein subsidiary in the USA. Press release in the K newspaper. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Wirthwein Friedberg founded. News for the economy, information for decision-makers in the Heilbronn-Franken region. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Wirthwein: New sites. Plastics International. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Riegler expands clean room capacities in Mühltal. DeviceMed journal, August 2012. Accessed March 14, 2013.
- change of four subsidiaries of Wirthwein AG worldwide. Retrieved July 1, 2020 .
- Tight tolerances require precise tools. Medicine & Technology, March 2012. Retrieved on March 14, 2013. ( Memento of March 13, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Homepage of Bembé Parkett GmbH & Co. KG. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- China is pushing the rails. n-tv. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Wirthwein Group: Plastics specialist starts 2011 with high expectations. Accessed on June 25, 2018.
- Wirthwein founds three new daughters. Plastic processor. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Wirthwein Group: New subsidiary in the USA. Plasticker. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- change of four subsidiaries of Wirthwein AG worldwide. Retrieved July 1, 2020 .
- Wirthwein expands in the USA. Augsburger Allgemeine Zeitung. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Wirthwein produces in Turkey. Main Post. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- JenaBatteries GmbH website. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Wirthwein Polska: Construction of a new assembly and storage hall. Plasticker. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- The management of Wirthwein AG. Retrieved July 8, 2020 .
-  . What are actually ... Marcus and Frank Wirthwein. Southgerman newspaper. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
-  Innovations in Baden-Württemberg. Awards 1997. Accessed March 15, 2013.
-  . Udo Wirthwein elected in IHK plenary meeting. Press release IHK Heilbronn-Franken. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
-  . Wirthwein company honored as supplier of the year in the area of "laundry care". Franconian news. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
-  . Wirthwein is the top supplier of the year 2011. Kunststoffe international. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
-  . Awards for innovations and investments in the region. Press release from the Darmstadt-Dieburg district. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
-  . Wirthwein starts 2014 with high expectations. Press release in Kunststoff Magazin. Retrieved January 13, 2014.