Březina u Mnichova Hradiště
|State :||Czech Republic|
|Region :||Středočeský kraj|
|District :||Mladá Boleslav|
|Area :||562 ha|
|Geographic location :|
|Residents :||399 (Jan. 1, 2019)|
|Postal code :||294 11 - 295 01|
|License plate :||S.|
|Railway connection:||Prague – Turnov|
|Mayor :||Radoslav Drázský (as of 2008)|
29411 Loukov u Mnichova Hradiště
Březina is located on the bank of the Jizera 6 kilometers northeast of the city of Mnichovo Hradiště . Neighboring towns are Hubálov, Loukov and Doubrava in the north, Žďár in the east, Olšina and Hoškovice in the south and Mohelnice nad Jizerou in the west . In the southeast the municipality borders on the protected landscape area Bohemian Paradise . Březina is connected to the R 10 expressway and the Prague - Turnov railway line .
The first written mention of the place comes from the year 1225. At the end of the 13th or beginning of the 14th century the village received a parish church, which is dedicated to St. Lawrence . Like many neighboring towns, Březina was the scene of the fighting in the German War of 1866.
- The St. Laurentius Church was built in the Gothic style at the turn of the 13th / 14th century and redesigned in the late Renaissance style in the 17th century. The stone bell tower has wooden cladding in the upper third . The parish dates from the late 18th century and is a valuable monument of regional folk architecture.
- The Bohemian Paradise begins 2 kilometers south of Březina. The closest sights are Mount Mužský , the sandstone blocks and gorges in the rock town of Příhrazské skály and the medieval rock castle Drábské světničky .
- The 80.5 hectare pond Žabakor is 4 kilometers east of the village. It was created in the 16th century and declared a nature reserve in 1998. 183 species of birds breed in the reserve. The pond is not open to the public.
- The Hoškovice airfield borders directly on the municipality to the west.
- Český statistický úřad - The population of the Czech municipalities as of January 1, 2019 (PDF; 7.4 MiB)
- Description of the church (Czech)