Hanseatic City of Seehausen (Altmark)
|Height :||20 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||27.05 km²|
|Residents :||213 (2014)|
|Population density :||8 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 2010|
|Postal code :||39615|
|Area code :||039397|
Location in Saxony-Anhalt
Place name sign at the southwest entrance to the village
Beuster, a clustered village with two churches, is located on an old arm of the Elbe in the north of the Wische in the Altmark and in the far north of the state of Saxony-Anhalt. The Elbe forms the border with Brandenburg .
Residential places in the district of Beuster are:
- On the sand , two kilometers southeast of the village
- Eichfeld , one kilometer south of the village, an earlier estate
- Grashof, in the south of Beuster
- Groß Beuster the north-western part of the village of Beuster, located below the Elbe, formerly also Unterbeuster
- Klein Beuster , the southeastern part of the village of Beuster on the Old Elbe, formerly also Oberbeuster
- Uhlenkrug , 3½ kilometers east of the village on the Elbe
The Elbe dike irrigation, a small ditch, forms the border between Groß and Klein Beuster. The water used to be called " Tauber Aland ", which is said to have flowed into the Elbe directly in front of Klein Beuster.
On April 1, 1940, the communities of Beuster, Scharpenlohe , Werder , Ostorf (excluding the Falcke , Herper and Neubauer farms in the southern part of Ostorf) and of the Klein Holzhausen community only the districts of Oberkamps and Unterkamps up to and including the irrigation with the merged Rühstedter Wiesen and the districts of Groß Wegenitz and Klein Wegenitz to form a new municipality with the name Beuster.
Until December 31, 2009, Beuster was an independent municipality with the associated districts of Beuster (with Groß Beuster, Klein Beuster and Grashof), Esack, Oberkamps, Ostorf, Scharpenlohe (with Uhlenkrug), Unterkamps (with Auf dem Sande), Wegenitz and Werder .
The municipal councils of the municipalities of Beuster (on June 8, 2009), Geestgottberg (on June 9, 2009), Losenrade (on June 22, 2009) and the Hanseatic City of Seehausen (Altmark) (on June 29, 2009) decided that their communities are dissolved and merged into a new community with the name Hanseatic City of Seehausen (Altmark) . This contract was approved by the county as the lower local supervisory authority and came into effect on January 1, 2010.
Source if not stated:
The Protestant parish of Beuster, formed on July 27, 1995 from the parishes of Groß Beuster and Klein Beuster, has been part of the Beuster-Aland parish association since June 1, 2007. It is run by the parish area Beuster the church district Stendal in Propst Sprengel Stendal Magdeburg of the Evangelical Church in Central Germany .
The last mayor of Beuster was Sabine Hiller.
Culture and sights
- The St. Nicholas Church in Groß Beuster, built around the second half of the 12th century, was the church of the collegiate monastery Beuster. It is a Romanesque three- aisled basilica without a transept and is one of the oldest brick buildings north of the Alps. The crossing of the high choir ends with a semicircular apse to the east . Dendrological investigations showed that the timber for the choir was felled in 1172 and that for the nave in 1184.
- The Evangelical village church of St. Marien in Klein Beuster is a baroque half-timbered building from 1740–46 with a brick west tower and an organ.
- Groß Beuster rectory
- In the blue light museum, many historical vehicles, especially fire, police and rescue vehicles, are on display.
The register of associations at the Stendal District Court lists:
- Friends of St. Nicholas Church Beuster e. V.
- Riding and Driving Association Beuster e. V.
- Independent fishing club Beuster und Umgebung e. V.
- Association Motorboot-Club Beuster e. V.
- Peter P. Rohrlach: Historical Gazetteer for Altmark (Historical Gazetteer Brandenburg, Part XII) - Volume 1 - A-K . In: Publications of the Brandenburg State Main Archives . BWV Berliner Wissenschafts-Verlag, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-8305-3743-4 , p. 203 ff .
- Johann Marchal, Wilhelm Fascher: Beuster - an Altmarkdorf on the Old Elbe . Chronicle from posthumous records. Ed .: Peter Marchal. Beuster Municipality, Beuster 2007, DNB 984510834 .
- Beuster in the historical directory of the association for computer genealogy
- Beuster on the website of the Seehausen Association
- Landkreis Stendal - The District Administrator: District Development Concept Landkreis Stendal 2025. October 30, 2015, p. 296 , accessed on August 3, 2019 .
- Main statute of the Hanseatic city of Seehausen (Altmark) . September 17, 2019, § 1 Name, designation, p. 2 ( seehausen-altmark.de [PDF; 3.9 MB ; accessed on November 9, 2019]).
- Beuster on seehausen-altmark.de. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .
- Saxony-Anhalt viewer of the State Office for Surveying and Geoinformation ( notes )
- Directory of municipalities and parts of municipalities . Area as of 1 April 2013 (= Statistical Office Saxony-Anhalt [Ed.]: Directories / 003 . No. 2013 ). Halle (Saale) May 2013, p. 117 ( destatis.de [PDF; 1.6 MB ; accessed on August 24, 2019]).
- Wilhelm Zahn : Heimatkunde der Altmark . Edited by Martin Ehlies based on the bequests of the author. 2nd Edition. Verlag Salzwedeler Wochenblatt, Graphische Anstalt, GmbH, Salzwedel 1928, DNB 578458357 , p. 174 .
- Johann Christoph Becmann, Bernhard Ludwig Beckmann: Historical description of the Chur and Mark Brandenburg . tape 2 . Berlin 1753, Part 5, Book 1, Chapter V, Columns 48-49 ( versionhttp: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3D~MDZ%3D%0A10936702_00358~SZ%3D~ double-sided%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D ).
- Peter P. Rohrlach: Historical Ortlexikon für die Altmark (Historical Ortlexikon für Brandenburg, Part XII) . Berliner Wissenschafts-Verlag, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-8305-2235-5 , pp. 203-206 .
- Map of the German Empire, sheet 240: Wittenberge. Reichsamt für Landesaufnahme, 1906, accessed on October 5, 2019 .
- Administrative region of Magdeburg (Ed.): Official Gazette of the Government of Magdeburg . 1928, p. 213 . ,
- In the official gazette it says "area"
- Administrative region of Magdeburg (Ed.): Official Gazette of the Government of Magdeburg . 1939, p. 86 . ,
- district directory for the State of Saxony-Anhalt, State Statistical Office of Saxony-Anhalt, Halle (Saale), 2006
- Karla Balkow, Werner Christ: Local Lexicon of the German Democratic Republic . Staatsverlag der DDR, 1986, ISBN 3-7685-2185-0 , p. 36, 81, 228, 232, 316, 327, 331 .
- Landkreis Stendal (ed.): Official Journal . 19th year, no. 17 . Stendal August 12, 2009, p. 183 ff . ( landkreis-stendal.de [PDF; accessed June 25, 2020]).
- Population of the municipalities by districts (= State Statistical Office Saxony-Anhalt [Hrsg.]: Statistical Reports / A / I / A / II / A / III / 102 ). destatis.de ). (Click year) (
- Andreas Puls: Places lose 122 inhabitants in 12 months . In: Volksstimme Magdeburg, local edition Osterburg . February 21, 2013 ( volksstimme.de [accessed June 19, 2019]).
- Veronika Benecke: The Beuster parish . In: Förderverein der St.-Nikolaus-Kirche Beuster (ed.): The collegiate church St.-Nikolaus zu Beuster on the Romanesque Road . 2009.
- Document on the merger of the Protestant parishes of Beuster, Pollitz, Wahrenberg and Wanzer to form the Evangelical Parish Association of Beuster-Aland, Evangelical Church District of Stendal . In: Church Office of the Evangelical Church in Central Germany (Hrsg.): Official Journal of the Evangelical Church in Central Germany . 3rd year, no. 12 , 2011, , p. 243 .
- Beuster parish. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .
- Michael Scholz, Tilo Schöfbeck: Beuster. In: Heinz-Dieter Heimann , Klaus Neitmann, Winfried Schich and others (eds.): Brandenburgisches Klosterbuch. Handbook of the monasteries, pens and commander by the mid-16th century. Volumes I and II (= Klaus Neitmann on behalf of the Brandenburg Historical Commission and in connection with the Brandenburg State Main Archive [Hrsg.]: Brandenburgische Historische Studien . Volume 14). Be.Bra Wissenschaft Verlag, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-937233-26-0 , pp. 202-211.
- Thomas Hartwig: All Altmark churches from A to Z . Elbe-Havel-Verlag, Havelberg 2012, ISBN 978-3-9814039-5-4 , p. 48 .
- Beuster Blue Light Museum. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .
- Register of associations of the Stendal District Court on handelsregister.de. Retrieved October 5, 2019 .