Location Yeast ice cream (yellow) in the Chinese province of Anhui
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|structure||four city districts, four districts and one urban district|
|density||1,115.2 Ew. / km²|
|Telephone code||+86 (0) 551|
|Time zone||UTC + 8|
|License Plate||皖 A|
|mayor||Ling Yun 凌云|
Hefei ( Chinese 合肥市 , Pinyin Héféi Shì , W.-G. Ho-fei Shih ) had about 7.87 million inhabitants at the end of 2016 and is the capital of the Chinese province of Anhui . 3,098,727 people live in the actual urban settlement area of Hefei (2010 census).
The administrative area of the district-free city has an area of 7,056 km².
At the district level, Hefei is made up of four urban districts, four districts and one urban district. These are:
- Luyang District (庐阳 区), 140 km², 400,000 inhabitants;
- District Yaohai (瑶海区), 189 square kilometers, 400,000 inhabitants;
- Shushan District (蜀山区), 129 km², 370,000 inhabitants;
- Baohe district (包 河 区), 197 km², 460,000 inhabitants;
- District Changfeng (长丰县), km² 1925, 780,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Shuihu (水湖镇);
- Feidong County (肥东县), 2,145 km², 1.07 million inhabitants, capital: Dianbu Municipality (店 埠镇);
- Feixi district (肥西县), 2,186 km², 960,000 inhabitants, capital: Shangpai municipality (上 派 镇);
- Lujiang County (庐江 县), 2,352 km², 1.2 million inhabitants, main town: Lucheng Municipality (庐 城镇).
- Chaohu county-level city (巢湖 市), 2,063 km², 4.5 million inhabitants
Ethnic breakdown of the population yeast ice cream (2000)
In the 2000 census, 4,467,384 inhabitants were counted in Hefei (population density: 646.42 inhabitants / km²). The majority of the residents are Han .
|Name of the people||Residents||proportion of|
Economy and Transport
Today Hefei is a transport hub and an industrial city. The automotive, textile, steel and chemical industries are represented here. On May 30, 2013, the new Hefei-Xinqiao International Airport opened , replacing the old Hefei-Luogang Airport .
In December 2016, the first line of the Hefei subway (Line 1) went into operation. In December 2017 the second line of the subway (Line 2) went into operation. A total of eight subway networks is planned. A total length of about 300 km is obtained.
The city is home to almost a dozen universities and comparable secondary schools, making it one of the four centers of higher education sponsored by the Chinese government. The three most famous universities of Hefei, the Chinese University of Science and Technology (中国 科技 大学), and the Hefei Technical University (合肥 工业 大学) and Anhui University (安徽 大学), belong to the nationwide elite and participate in the government's 211 project, which aims to create around 100 world-class universities with the help of special funding.
The Hefei University of Applied Sciences (合肥 学院) cooperates with the State of Lower Saxony and has a total of 13 partner universities in Germany.
- Kurume , Japan, since 1980
- Freetown , Sierra Leone, since 1984
- Bujumbura , Burundi, since 1986
- Columbus , United States, since 1988
- Aalborg , Denmark, since 1989
- Lleida , Spain, since 1998
- Wonju , South Korea, since 2002
- Darebin City , Australia, since 2003
- Belfast , United Kingdom, since 2003
- Osnabrück , Germany, since 2006
Average monthly temperatures and rainfall for Hefei
- Government side of Hefei (English)
- Anhui (China): Prefecture Level, Cities & Counties - Population Statistics, Maps, Graphics, Weather and Web Information. Retrieved February 5, 2018 .
- Louisa Lim: The Curious Case Of The Vanishing Chinese City. September 21, 2011, accessed February 2, 2012 .
- Metro Report international from December 26, 2016: Hefei opens metro Line 1 (English); accessed on December 27, 2016