TSV 1880 Wasserburg
The TSV 1880 Wasserburg is a sports club from Wasserburg am Inn , known nationwide for its basketball division . Other departments are popular sports , soccer , athletics , cycling , snow sports , city guard, Tae-Kwon-Do , tennis , table tennis , disabled sports and volleyball . The association was founded on July 9, 1880, the first chairman was the iron merchant and magistrate Johann Baptist Manhart.
|TSV 1880 Wasserburg|
The club's basketball department was founded in 1955 by Joe Prantl and today has over 300 members. The club maintains three women's and two men's teams. The first women's team has played in the 1st women's basketball league ( DBBL ) since 1999 . Since 2004 the team has been German champions eleven times and German cup winners nine times . Hans Brei headed the team as head coach until 2012 . His name is inseparable from the successes.
In the 2014/15 season, the club became German champions without losing a single game. Breis successor as head coach was Bastian Wernthaler , followed by Georg Eichler , who remained in office until December 2017. Then the Bulgarian Nikolay Gospodinov took over the office, in August 2018 Sidney Parsons was hired as the new trainer. The second women's team was promoted to the 2nd women's basketball league in 2007 and immediately relegated.
- German champion : 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- German Cup Winner : 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
|TSV 1880 Wasserburg|
|Surname||TSV 1880 Wasserburg|
|Head coach||Leonhard Haas|
|league||Bayern League South|
|2018/19||1st place ( Landesliga Südost )
The football department was founded in 1920. For decades, the team only played in the lower divisions and in 2007 made it to the Oberbayern regional league for the first time . In the meantime, the Wasserburger slipped back down into the A-class, before being promoted to the district class in 2015. The club hired ex-professional Leonhard Haas , who came from the region, and initiated the sporting upswing. After five ascents in a row, the "Löwen" reached the fifth-rate Bayernliga Süd in 2019 .
The footballers of TSV Wasserburg play in the Badria Stadium with a capacity of 3,500 seats, 572 of which are covered. The club also uses the stadium on Landwehrstraße with a capacity of 1,000 standing places.
The greatest international success was the victory at the Junior World Championships in the decathlon by Eric Kaiser in 1990.
- Video: Farewell to the basketball legends . In: https://www.rosenheim24.de . July 22, 2012 ( rosenheim24.de [accessed January 20, 2017]).
- Perfect season: Wasserburg's basketball women undefeated champions ( Memento from May 3, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) on br.de, April 29, 2015, accessed on April 30, 2015.
- FOCUS Online: Women's basketball: Wasserburg cup winners for the fifth time in a row . In: FOCUS Online . ( focus.de [accessed on March 28, 2018]).
- Michael Duschl: Marching through to the Bayern League is perfect: TSV Wasserburg makes football history. Home sport, accessed May 5, 2019 .
- Short biography of Eric Kaiser on the IAAF website
- Official website of TSV 1880 Wasserburg
- Official website of the basketball department
- TSV 1880 Wasserburg at Eurobasket.com
- Official website of the football department