Björn Lars Böhning (born June 2, 1978 in Geldern ) is a German politician ( SPD ). He has been State Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs since March 2018 . Before that, he was head of the Berlin Senate Chancellery from December 2011 to March 2018 , from February 2008 to November 2011 chairman of the Forum Democratic Left 21 and from June 2004 to November 2007 federal chairman of the Jusos .
School, studies and private life
In 1998 Böhning passed his Abitur at the Carl-Jacob-Burckhardt-Gymnasium in Lübeck . He then did community service in a workshop for the disabled in Lübeck. From 1999 to 2004 he completed a degree in political science at the Otto Suhr Institute of the Free University of Berlin , which he graduated with a diploma.
He has been married to Nancy Böhning since 2013 , with whom he has a son who was born in 2012.
Böhning began his political career in 1994 when he joined the SPD and was initially politically active with the Jusos in Lübeck . From 1995 to 1997 he was elected spokesman for the Lübeck Jusos, until 1997 when he was elected Deputy Juso State Chairman in Schleswig-Holstein . A year later he represented the Schleswig-Holstein Jusos in the federal committee.
At the Juso federal congress in 2001 in Cologne , Böhning was elected deputy chairman of the SPD youth organization, before he was elected Niels Annen's successor on June 17, 2004 at a federal Juso congress in Munich with 192 votes to 65 . On June 10, 2005 Björn Böhning was confirmed in his office as Juso Federal Chairman with 65.7%. On September 27, 2007, he declared that he would no longer run for the office of Juso federal chairman at the 2007 federal congress in Wolfsburg . Böhning belonged to the left Juso current network left center . He works for the Spw - magazine for socialist politics and economy . From 2005 to 2011 he was an elected member of the SPD party executive committee , to which he previously belonged as an advisory member because of his Juso chairmanship.
Böhning was the SPD candidate in the Bundestag electoral district of Berlin-Friedrichshain - Kreuzberg - Prenzlauer Berg Ost in the 2009 Bundestag election . He achieved 16.7% of the vote and was thus subject to Hans-Christian Ströbele and Halina Wawzyniak . He ran for 5th place on the state list , but was defeated by Klaus Uwe Benneter .
Senate Chancellery of Berlin
Head of Unit
From January 1, 2007 to December 1, 2011, he headed the policy and planning department of the then Governing Mayor of Berlin , Klaus Wowereit , in the Senate Chancellery . His political priorities were primarily in the areas of employment policy, training / youth unemployment and the reform of the welfare state.
Head of the Senate Chancellery
On December 2, 2011, he took over the position of head of the Berlin Senate Chancellery . As a representative for the state of Berlin, he was a member of the board of directors of Deutschlandradio . Böhning was adopted on March 20, 2018.
As of December 2016, an investigation was in progress against Böhning and senior executives at the McKinsey management consultancy on suspicion of granting or accepting benefits in connection with the Senate's refugee management. The Berlin public prosecutor's office was investigating him on suspicion of accepting benefits in the course of the refugee crisis at the LaGeSo . The proceedings were discontinued in November 2018 due to a lack of sufficient suspicion.
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
On 23 March 2018 it appointed Labor Minister Hubertus Heil to the Secretary of State in the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs .
- with Kai Burmeister (ed.): Generations & Justice. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2004, ISBN 3-89965-067-0 .
- with Klaus Dörre and Andrea Nahles (eds.): Unterichten? Precariat? Classes? Modern politics against social exclusion . SPW-Verlag, Dortmund 2006, ISBN 978-3-922489-27-6 .
- With Alexander Görlach : Freedom or Anarchy - How the Internet is Changing Our Lives . Forward, May 2011. ISBN 978-3-86602-080-1 .
- Literature by and about Björn Böhning in the catalog of the German National Library
- Archived official website, last status June 2, 2013 ( Memento of December 6, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) via Internet Archive
- Björn Böhning in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ↑ Ahead of Your Time berliner-zeitung.de, February 3, 2018
- ↑ SPD veteran Benneter wins over rising star Böhning morgenpost.de, May 18, 2009
- ↑ Sabine Beikler: “Analyze how Berlin ticks” - Der Tagesspiegel from November 29, 2011
- ^ Official curriculum vitae of the head of the Senate Chancellery. The Governing Mayor of Berlin - Senate Chancellery -, archived from the original on February 13, 2012 ; accessed on March 17, 2018 .
- ↑ Stefan Jacobs, Sabine Beikler, Fatina Keilani: Public prosecutor confirms investigations against Böhning , Der Tagesspiegel, December 1, 2016
- ^ Investigations against the Berlin Senate Chancellery: What the Böhning case means for red-red-green , Der Tagesspiegel , December 1, 2016
- ^ Public prosecutor's office: Investigations against Böhning stopped. In: Berliner Morgenpost. November 15, 2018, archived from the original on February 27, 2019 .
- ↑ Björn Böhning bmas.de
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Böhning, Björn Lars (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 2nd 1978|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Funds|