|Historical region :||Transylvania|
|Time zone :||EET ( UTC +2)|
|Area :||41 km²|
|Residents :||2,820 (October 20, 2011)|
|Population density :||69 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||557090|
|Telephone code :||(+40) 02 69|
|License plate :||SB|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Community type :||local community|
|Structure :||Dârlos, Curciu , Valea Lungă|
|Mayor :||Ioan Lupu ( PNL )|
|Postal address :||Str. Principală, no. 590
loc. Dârlos, jud. Sibiu, RO-557090
The municipality of Dârlos is located on the right bank of the Târnava Mare ( Great Kokel ) - a tributary of the Târnava ( Kokel ) - in the far north of Sibiu County. On the border with Mureș County , Dârlos is located on the county road ( drum județean ) DJ 142E five kilometers east of Mediaș ( Mediasch ) and about 65 kilometers northeast of the district capital Sibiu ( Hermannstadt ).
The settlement was first mentioned in 1317 under the name Possesio Darlaz . As early as the middle of the 19th century, the Romanians made up the majority of the population in the place.
Already during the time of socialism , but especially after the political change of 1989 in Romania , the majority of the German-speaking population emigrated to Germany , so that only 190 people from the community identified themselves as Germans in the 1992 census , compared to 1,094 in the year 1977. In 2011, 2,280 people were registered on the territory of the Dârlos municipality. 2,060 of them were Romanians, 595 were Roma , 55 were Hungarians and 30 described themselves as Romanian Germans .
Education, economy and social
- The Protestant church in Durles, built in the 15th century, is a listed building.
- Visarion Roman (1833–1885), publicist and politician, was born here.
- Ilarie Chendi (1872–1913) writer and journalist, was born here.
- Ioan Moraru (1927–1989), an important Romanian doctor, was born here.
- Stefan Sienerth (* 1948), literary historian, was born here.
- 2011 census in Romania ( MS Excel ; 1.3 MB)
- Sabin Adrian Luca, Zeno Karl Pinter, Adrian Georgescu: Repertoriu Sibiu 2003
- Hungarian-language website with information on population statistics
- Dârlos at ghidulprimariilor.ro
- List of historical monuments of the Romanian Ministry of Culture, updated 2010 (Romanian; PDF; 7.10 MB)
- http://www.cjsibiu.ro/ro/dirlos.php ( Memento from February 25, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Dârlos
- Article about Ioan Moraru in the rum. Wikipedia
- Article about Stefan Sienerth in the "Siebenbürgische Zeitung" from 27. III. 2008