|nation||German Democratic Republic|
|birthday||June 3, 1962|
|place of birth||Suhl|
|Best performance||49.58 s ( 400 m )|
|society||SC Turbine Erfurt|
Dagmar Neubauer , b. Rübsam, (born June 3, 1962 in Suhl ) is a former German athlete . It achieved its greatest success with the 4 x 400-meter relay of the GDR , with which it was 1983 and 1987 world champion.
In 1979 she became European Junior Champion in the 400-meter individual race and with the relay. In 1981 and 1982 she was GDR champion indoors, and in 1982 also outdoors. At the European Indoor Championships in 1982 she won the silver medal. At the European Championships in the same year Rübsam was European champion with the relay and in the individual she reached sixth place. The following year she also won gold in the relay at the World Championships in Helsinki and was seventh in the individual finals.
At the European Indoor Championships in 1985 she was behind her teammate Sabine Busch . In Rome, Rübsam was able to defend the world title in 1987 with the relay . In 1988 she won bronze at the European Indoor Championships and also at the Olympic Games in Seoul she was third in the relay.
Neubauer started for the SC Turbine Erfurt and trained with Eberhard König . In her active days she was 1.70 m tall and weighed 58 kg. In the documents on state doping in the GDR that became public after the fall of the Wall , the name of Neubauer was found among the doped athletes.
Successes in detail
- 1982: European Championships : 1st place in the 4 x 400 meter relay (3: 19.05 min, together with Kirsten Siemon , Sabine Busch , Marita Koch ); 6th place in the 400 meter run (50.76 s)
- 1983: World Championships : 1st place in the 4 x 400 meter relay (3: 19.73 min, together with Kerstin Walther , Sabine Busch , Marita Koch ); 7th place in the 400 meter run (50.48 s)
- 1987: World Championships : 1st place in the 4 x 400 meter relay (3: 18.63 min, together with Cornelia Ullrich / Vorlauf, Kerstin Walther , Sabine Busch / Endlauf, Kirsten Emmelmann , Petra Müller ); Eliminated in the 400 meter semi-finals
- 1988: Olympic Games : 3rd place with the 4 x 400 meter relay (3: 18.29 min, together with Grit Breuer / Vorlauf, Sabine Busch / Endlauf, Kirsten Emmelmann , Petra Müller ); Eliminated in the 400 meter semi-finals
- 1984: Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold
- 1986: Patriotic Order of Merit in bronze
- 1988: Patriotic Order of Merit in Silver
- Klaus Amrhein: Biographical manual on the history of German athletics 1898–2005 . 2 volumes. Darmstadt 2005 published on German Athletics Promotion and Project Society.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rude, Dagmar|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German athlete|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 3, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Suhl , GDR|