|birthday||February 26, 1985|
|place of birth||Kingston , Jamaica|
|Best performance||10.97 s ( 100 m )
22.09 s ( 200 m )
48.70 s ( 400 m )
|last change: August 15, 2012|
Sanya Richards-Ross (born February 26, 1985 in Kingston ) is an American sprinter of Jamaican origin, whose special route is the 400-meter distance . She is a four-time Olympic champion and five-time world champion.
At the age of twelve, Richards moved with her parents from Jamaica to the United States, a citizenship of which she has held since 2002. She graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale and was named National High School Athlete of the Year in 2002 and Youth Athletics Athlete of the Year.
At the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens , she was sixth in the 400-meter run . In the 4 x 400 meter relay , she and her teammates DeeDee Trotter , Monique Henderson and Monique Hennagan became Olympic champion . She had already won the relay gold medal at the 2003 World Championships in Paris / Saint-Denis .
In 2005 at the World Championships in Helsinki she won the silver medal. At the US Trials for the 2007 World Championships , although she was unbeaten over the 400 meters for a long time, she could not qualify for this route because she only finished fourth on the stadium lap. However, she qualified for the 200-meter run and was fifth over this distance in 22.70 s at the World Championships in Osaka. She then became world champion with the US relay in the 4 x 400 meter relay with the world best time of 3: 18.55 min.
At the 2008 Olympics , she won the bronze medal in the 400-meter run. At the 2009 World Championships in Berlin , she won the gold medals over the individual distance of 400 meters and in the 4 x 400 meter relay. In addition, she won all six meetings of the IAAF Golden League in 2009 and with it the jackpot of US $ 333,333.33 .
In 2011 Richards-Ross was seventh over 400 meters at the World Championships in Daegu and defended the title in the 4 x 400 meter relay with the US team. At the 2012 Olympic Games in London , she confirmed her role as favorite in the 400-meter run and won the gold medal with a time of 49.55 s.
At the 2015 World Championships in Beijing , she won the silver medal with the US relay.
Sanya Richards is 1.73 m tall and has a competition weight of 61 kg. She studied at the University of Texas from 2002 to 2005 . She is considered a talented singer and dancer. She suffers from Behçet's disease , a rare autoimmune disease that sometimes restricts her training. On February 26, 2010, she married the football player Aaron Ross .
- 60 m (hall): 7.21 s, February 28, 2004, Lincoln
- 100 m : 10.97 s, September 28, 2007, Shanghai
- 200 m: 22.17 s, September 9, 2006, Stuttgart
- Hall: 22.49s, March 12, 2004, Fayetteville
- 400 m: 48.70 s, September 16, 2006, Athens (national record)
- Hall: 50.82s, March 13, 2004, Fayetteville
- Sanya Richards-Ross in the database of World Athletics (English)
- Athlete portrait at USA Track & Field
- Photos by Sanya Richards
- Sanya Richards-Ross in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- HDsports.at: Olympia 5.8: Bolt triumphs with an Olympic record . 5th August 2012
- IAAF: With fastest performance since 2006, "the old Richards is back" ( Memento of July 8, 2009 in the Internet Archive ). July 3, 2009
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Richards, Sanya|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American sprinter and relay Olympic champion|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 26, 1985|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kingston , Jamaica|