Eduard Müller (civil servant)
Eduard Müller (born August 31, 1962 in Oberwart ) is an Austrian civil servant and non-fiction author. From June 3, 2019 to January 7, 2020 he was Federal Minister of Finance . In addition, he was entrusted with the management of the Federal Ministry for Public Service and Sport . Since February 2020 he has been a board member of the Financial Market Authority (FMA).
After primary school in Rumpersdorf and the Oberschützen federal high school, Müller attended the commercial academy in Oberwart , where he graduated in 1981 . He then worked as a tax auditor at the Oberwart tax office until 1994. In 1989 he began studying economics at the Fernuniversität Hagen , which he graduated in 1994 with a degree in business administration. In 2012 he obtained a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
In 1994 he moved to the Vienna Financial Directorate, and in 1997 to the Ministry of Finance . From 2001 to 2005 he was project leader for the reform of the financial administration and from 2002 to 2013 group leader for the management of the tax and customs administration in the Ministry of Finance. In November 2013 he became managing director of Linde Verlag , where he also works as an author of specialist publications on tax law and published, among other things, the tax savings book for income tax payers and the self-employed up to the 2018/19 edition . In October 2015, Finance Minister Hans Jörg Schelling brought him back to the ministry as head of the presidency ( section head ). In 2015, Müller also became Federal Chairman of the Examination Commission for Tax Advisors in the Chamber of Public Accountants and Deputy Secretary General in the Ministry of Finance.
From June 3, 2019 to January 7, 2020, he was Federal Minister of Finance in the Bierlein Federal Government . In addition, he was entrusted with the management of the Federal Ministry for Public Service and Sport . In September 2019 he was elected President of Sporthilfe in the course of an extraordinary general assembly of Austrian Sports Aid. Susanne Riess succeeded him in this position in May 2020 .
After swearing in by the Federal Government Kurz II in January 2020, he took over the Finance Ministry as head of Section I, specializing in financial administration, management and services. At the end of January 2020, it was announced that he would succeed Klaus Kumpfmüller on an interim basis as a member of the Board of Directors of the Financial Market Authority (FMA). In May 2020, his appointment as a member of the FMA's executive board was decided by the Council of Ministers .
His brother Wilhelm Müller is the mayor of Weiden bei Rechnitz .
- with Bernadette M. Gierlinger: Tax Reform 2009: Tax Reform Act - Economic Revival Act - Eco Premium Act. Linde Verlag, Vienna 2009, ISBN 978-3-7073-1471-7 .
- as publisher together with Eva Maria Stepwieser: SWK-Spezial Finanz-Wegweiser. Linde Verlag, Vienna 2014, ISBN 978-3-7073-3030-4 .
- Tax savings book 2018/2019. For income tax payers and self-employed (Austria edition). Linde Verlag, Vienna 2018, 24th edition, ISBN 978-3-7093-0647-5 .
- SWK special wage accounting 2018 with wage tax tables. Linde Verlag, Vienna 2018, ISBN 978-3-7073-3811-9 .
- Finance Minister Dipl.-Kfm. Eduard Müller, MBA ( Memento from November 15, 2019 in the Internet Archive ) on the website of the Federal Ministry of Finance
- Eduard Müller on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Eduard Müller on the Linde Verlag website
- Eduard Müller on meineabmachen.at
- Karin Pollack: The reformer . In: Österreichische Gesellschaft der Wirtschaftstreuhänder (Ed.): ÖGWThema . The OGWT magazine for tax consultants and auditors. tape 3 , no. 1 . Manz'sche Publishing and University Bookstore , 2016, ISSN 2078-3957 , p. 8 ( oegsw.at [PDF; 3.2 MB ; accessed on June 1, 2019]).
- Ex-Finance Minister becomes FMA Board of Directors. In: ORF.at . January 28, 2020, accessed January 29, 2020 .
- Eduard Müller confirmed as the new FMA board member. In: Salzburger Nachrichten . May 20, 2020, accessed May 21, 2020 .
- Michael Strini: Eduard Müller was entrusted with the finance ministry as an expert. In: mein district.at , June 2, 2019, accessed on June 13, 2019.
- Controller Forum 2016: Lecture Finance 4.0: Eduard Müller. In: controller-forum.org, accessed June 1, 2019.
- Federal Ministry of Finance: Central Management. In: bmf.gv.at, accessed on June 1, 2019.
- Tax Savings Book 2019/2020 has been published. In: extrajournal.net. January 3, 2020, accessed January 3, 2020 .
- Top manager of the BMF strengthens Linde Verlag. APA-OTS notification dated October 3, 2013, accessed June 1, 2019.
- Fled from Fekter, fetched back by Schelling. In: kurier.at , September 3, 2015, accessed on June 1, 2019.
- Upper Austrian news: The new ministers in brief. In: nachrichten.at , June 2, 2019, accessed on June 2, 2019.
- Eduard Müller new President of the Austrian Sports Aid. In: leadersnet.at. September 23, 2019, accessed September 23, 2019 .
- Eduard Müller new President of the Austrian Sports Aid. In: Österreichische Sporthilfe . September 18, 2019, accessed September 23, 2019 .
- Riess elected Sporthilfe President. In: ORF.at . May 18, 2020, accessed May 18, 2020 .
- Transitional period for the transition ministers: Who will be what? In: DerStandard.at . January 8, 2020, accessed January 9, 2020 .
- Ex-finance minister is to become the FMA board. In: Kurier.at . January 24, 2020, accessed January 24, 2020 .
- Kamil Kowalcze: Ex-Finance Minister becomes FMA Board of Directors. In: The press . January 23, 2020, accessed January 24, 2020 .
- Hanna Kordik: Ex-Finance Minister changes to the FMA. In: The press . January 28, 2020, accessed January 28, 2020 .
- Portrait: Who is Eduard Müller? June 16, 2019, accessed June 24, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian civil servant, author and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oberwart|