Susanne Riess (born January 3, 1961 in Braunau am Inn ) is an Austrian manager and former politician of the FPÖ . She is General Director of the Wüstenrot Group and was Vice Chancellor of the Republic of Austria from 2000 to 2003 .
From 1967 to 1971 she attended the Mattighofen elementary school , from 1971 to 1979 the modern language grammar school in Salzburg and from 1979 to 1984 she studied law at the University of Innsbruck (Dr. iur.).
From 1995 to 2011 she was married as Susanne Riess-Passer to the tax advisor and former Vice Mayor of Innsbruck Michael Passer .
From December 1991 to November 1998 she was a member of the Federal Council delegated by the Vienna State Parliament , from March to October 1999 a member of the Tyrolean State Parliament and then until February 2000 a member of the National Council . From January 1995 to April 1996 she was also a member of the European Parliament .
In the course of the formation of the government in 2000, she also became federal party leader of the FPÖ and thus successor to Jörg Haider , after she had previously been managing federal party leader since 1996.
After a serious falling out with Jörg Haider (see Knittelfelder Putsch ), she finally resigned from all functions. Until the new government was formed, she remained provisional vice-chancellor until 2003 and then left politics. On March 25, 2005, she announced her resignation from the FPÖ.
Since 2004 Susanne Riess has been General Director of the Austrian Wüstenrot Group , a member of the board of the Association of Austrian Banks and Bankers, a member of the board of directors of IHAG Privatbank Zurich and a member of the supervisory board of Wüstenrot Versicherungs-AG (chairwoman of the supervisory board since 2009). From 2008 to 2013 she was on the Supervisory Board of BAWAG Holding. In addition, Susanne Riess has also been on the Advisory Board of Signa Holding since 2009 with Alfred Gusenbauer , among others .
Between 2009 and 2015 she was Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Wüstenrot stavební spořitelna as, Czech Republic. Susanne Riess has been a member of the supervisory board of Wüstenrot Fundamenta-Lakáskassza Zrt since 2012. in Hungary and Wüstenrot stambena štedionica dd in Croatia (chairman of the supervisory board since 2014). In addition, since 2014 she has been chairman of the supervisory board of Wüstenrot životno osiguranje dd in Croatia, deputy chairman of the supervisory board of Wüstenrot stavebná sporitel'ňa, as in Slovakia and a member of the supervisory board of Wüstenrot poist'ovňa, as in Slovakia. From June 2014 to March 2015, Susanne Riess was a member of the supervisory board of Österreichische Industrieholding AG (ÖIAG) .
Since April 2015 she has been a member of the supervisory board of Verbund AG , since December 2016 a co-opted member of the Federal Party Conference on Banks and Insurance, since July 2017 a member of the Supervisory Board of Signa Development Selection and Prime Selection , since November 2017 a member of the Supervisory Board of Einlagensicherungsgesellschaft Austria GmbH and since May 2018 Vice-President of the Association of Austrian Banks and bankers.
In March 2020, she was Finance Minister Gernot Bluemel the Council of Ministers as a member of the General Council of the Austrian National Bank proposed for a period of five years. In May 2020 she was elected President of the Austrian Sports Aid . She previously held this office from 2000 to 2003.
- 2002: Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- 2003: Large gold medal on ribbon for services to the Republic of Austria
- Susanne Riess on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Archive recordings with Susanne Riess in the online archive of the Austrian Mediathek (interviews, radio reports)
- Entry on Susanne Riess on the website of the Tyrolean Parliament
- Entry on Susanne Riess in the Members' database of the European Parliament
- "Profile": husband of the Vice Chancellor with 70 million in private bankruptcy (Feb. 11, 2000)
- Susanne Riess - Politics Forever Left Behind (April 2, 2013)
- Susanne Riess-Passer - Jörg Haider's "King Cobra" (February 3, 2000)
- Coalition. The FPÖ has split. Bowl versus Haider - but really now! In: profil.at . April 9, 2005 ( profil.at [accessed April 11, 2018]).
- Association of Austrian Banks and Bankers 
- IHAG Privatbank Zurich 
- Annual report of Wüstenrot Versicherungs-AG 2004 
- Annual report of Wüstenrot Versicherungs-AG 2010 
- Advisory Board of Signa Holding Archived copy ( memento of the original from September 18, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ÖIAG announcement of June 23, 2014: Capital representatives in the ÖIAG supervisory board elect three new members. ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Verbund AG 
- Association of Austrian Banks and Bankers 
- Leadersnet 
- Three new OeNB General Councilors appointed. In: ORF.at . March 4, 2020, accessed March 4, 2020 .
- Riess elected Sporthilfe President. In: ORF.at . May 18, 2020, accessed May 18, 2020 .
- Punch with short, but without governors and FPÖ . Article dated December 4, 2017, accessed December 5, 2017.
- Life Ball 2017: Niqab, suspenders, stars and a marriage proposal . Article dated June 11, 2017, accessed December 5, 2017.
- Hahn: "I am a mixture of firefighter and master builder" . Article dated July 4, 2018, accessed July 4, 2018.
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Riess-Passer, Susanne (married name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (FPÖ), member of the state parliament, member of the Federal Council|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 3, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Braunau am Inn|