Viktor Klima (born June 4, 1947 in Schwechat , Lower Austria ) is an Austrian manager and former politician ( SPÖ ). From 1997 to 2000 he was Austrian Chancellor ( Climate Government ) and SPÖ Chairman .
Viktor Klima was already a member of various social democratic youth associations during his school days . He worked for the ÖMV from 1969 , where he was appointed to the board in 1990. He studied business and business informatics as a part-time job and graduated in 1981 with a master's degree . In April 1992, Federal Chancellor Franz Vranitzky brought Klima into his government as Minister for Public Economy and Transport, and in 1996 he became Minister of Finance . After Vranitzky's resignation in January 1997, he followed this in the functions of SPÖ party chairman and Federal Chancellor.
On October 3, 1999, the SPÖ emerged from the National Council elections as the party with the most votes despite heavy losses. Since the SPÖ has strictly separated itself from the FPÖ since Jörg Haider took over the chairmanship , the ÖVP was the only possible coalition partner (with the Greens there was no mandate majority). After the failure of the negotiations with the ÖVP under the chairman Wolfgang Schüssel , the latter finally became Federal Chancellor in a coalition with the FPÖ (cabinet here ).
Air then left Austrian politics and led from October 2000 to November 2011 for the VW Group , the Volkswagen Argentina SA with factories in General Pacheco (Buenos Aires) and Cordoba . From 2006 to 2012 he was a member of the Group Management for South America and General Representative of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft . At times he was also an advisor to the then Argentine President Néstor Kirchner .
Among other things, Klima was married to the elementary school teacher Sonja Klima . He has changed his life since he had a heart operation in 2009. He lives with his third wife and three children about an hour from Buenos Aires , where he owns a 240 hectare farm and 200 cattle. From his first marriage he has a son and a daughter.
- Viktor Klima on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Entry on Viktor Klima in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Literature by and about Viktor Klima in the catalog of the German National Library
- Viktor Klima. In: dasrotewien.at - Web dictionary of the Viennese social democracy. SPÖ Vienna (Ed.)
- Archive recordings with and about Viktor Klima in the online archive of the Austrian Media Library
- boerse-express.com - Ex-Chancellor Klima retires from VW functions for reasons of age . Article dated October 8, 2012, accessed July 13, 2014.
- boerse-express.com Ex-Chancellor Klima is now a "farmer" - Withdrawal from VW functions after a "really very critical" health situation - Ex-Chancellor remains Chairman of the Mercosur Alliance . Article dated November 25, 2012, accessed July 13, 2014.
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian manager and politician (SPÖ), member of the National Council, Federal Chancellor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 4, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schwechat|