|publication||29th September 2017|
|Genre (s)||House , Latin Pop , Reggaeton|
Richard Boardman ,
feat. Piso 21
Oh Child ( English for "oh baby") is a song of the German DJ Robin Schulz , from his third studio album Uncovered Larger in 2017. became famous for the piece in 2018, when it in a new edition with the Colombian Latin pop - band Piso 21 was released as a single.
Creation and artwork
The original song was written by Richard Boardman , Pablo Bowman, Daniel Boyle, the Junkx production team (consisting of Dennis Bierbrodt, Stefan Dabruck , Jürgen Dohr and Guido Kramer) and Robin Schulz. The new edition also includes the Piso-21 members (Pablo Mejía Bermúdez, Juan David Castaño, Juan David Huertas Clavijo, David Escobar Gallego) and Alejandro Patiño as authors. The production, programming and playing of the instruments (flute, guitar, keyboard and synthesizer) was carried out by Boyle, the German producer team Junkx, Schulz and the British producer team The Six (consisting of: Sarah Blanchard, Richard Boardman, Pablo Bowman, Danny Casio and Cleo Tighe). Junkx were also responsible for the mixing and engineering. Oh Child was released under the Tonspiel label, published by Matter Music, Rosz Music Edition and Universal Music Publishing , and distributed by Atlantic Records and Warner Music .
On the black and white cover of the single you can see a portrait of Piso 21 and Schulz in addition to the artist name and song title. Schulz sits in the first row, behind him are the four members of Piso 21.
Publication and promotion
Oh Child was first released with the release of Schulz's third studio album Uncovered on September 29, 2017. Officially, the album version was a solo release by Schulz, with no official guest singer. In fact, the piece was sung by Benjamin Harrison. It was first released as a single on June 22, 2018 as a single download. Schulz received support from the Colombian Latin pop band Piso 21. On July 13, 2018, a remix EP with six remixes for Oh Child was released . The EP includes a remix by the well-known German DJ Tocadisco .
Warner Music advertised the single on its own homepage as "Track of the Week". In German-speaking countries, ProSiebenSat.1 Media used the piece in a commercial to promote the cartoon series The Simpsons . This meant that the song could be heard in various commercial breaks in the media company in July 2018.
- Oh Child (Ashworth Remix)
- Oh Child (LOVRA Remix)
- Oh Child (Me & My Monkey Remix)
- Oh Child (Mushroom People Remix)
- Oh Child (Nervo & Aligee Remix)
- Oh Child (Tocadisco Remix)
The lyrics for the album version of Oh Child are in English, the lyrics for the single version are in English and Spanish and translated into German means something like "Oh Kind". The music and the text were originally written or composed by Richard Boardman, Pablo Bowman, Daniel Boyle, the Junkx production team and Robin Schulz. The Piso-21 members and Alejandro Patiño also contribute as authors for the new edition. Musically, the song moves in the realm of house , latin pop and reggaeton . The tempo is 97 beats per minute . In terms of content, Oh Child gives advice for a good life: do what you love and make your decisions carefully, make dignified friendships and love passionately - and in the event that you should fall, you should dust yourself off and move on.
The album version of Oh Child begins with the first verse, followed by a bridge and then the chorus. The same process is repeated with the second stanza. The second chorus is followed by the third stanza, which is followed by a final chorus. The structure of the single version is the same up to the second verse. The chorus immediately follows the verse without a bridge. Instead, the bridge takes place between the third verse and the last chorus. The second stanza has been completely translated into Spanish, and additional lines have been translated into Spanish. The verses and the bridge are sung by Piso 21, the chorus continues to be sung by Benjamin Harrison. In both versions the voice of Adam Harrison can be heard in the background.
- Refrain, original excerpt
- Refrain, translation
The music video for Oh Child was filmed in Mexico City ( Mexico ) on June 8, 2018 and premiered on June 22, 2018 on YouTube . You can see the celebrations for the eighth birthday of little Ricardo, which can be seen continuously in the picture. In between, Schulz appears again and again at different places, among other things he acts as a DJ during the garden party. The members of Piso 21 can also be seen during the garden party. As with OK, the director was again Liza Minou Morberg. To date, the music video has over four million views on YouTube (as of July 2018).
- Pablo Mejía Bermúdez - vocals (2018) , composer (2018) , lyricist (2018)
- Sarah Blanchard - keyboard , music producer, programming
- Richard Boardman - keyboard, composer, songwriter, record producer, programming
- Pablo Bowman - flute , guitar , keyboard, composer, songwriter, record producer, programming
- Daniel Boyle - keyboard, composer, songwriter, music producer, programming, synthesizer
- Danny Casio - keyboard, music producer, programming
- Juan David Castaño - vocals (2018) , composer (2018) , lyricist (2018)
- David Escobar Gallego - vocals (2018) , composer (2018) , lyricist (2018)
- Adam Harrison - backing vocals
- Benjamin Harrison - vocals
- Juan David Huertas Clavijo - composer (2018) , songwriter (2018)
- Junkx - mixing , keyboard, composer, songwriter, music producer , programming, sound engineer
- Alejandro Patiño - composer (2018) , songwriter (2018)
- Robin Schulz - keyboard, composer, songwriter, music producer, programming
- Cleo Tighe - keyboard, music producer, programming
- Jorge Carillo - casting
- Stephanie Fèlix - coordination
- Eduardo Flores - cameraman , co-producer
- Carlos Gambea - graphic artist
- Bobby Good - film editor
- Nico Hauter - color correction
- Joselo Hernández - film producer
- Frank Hoffmann - executive producer
- Edgar Hurtado - Steadicam
- Samuel Irala - choreographer
- Massuda Kassem - executive producer
- Joaquin Medina - gaffer
- Arri Mitte - color correction
- Liza Minou Morberg - director
- Hugo Ortiz - camera assistant , assistant director
- Arturo Peña - Production Assistant
- Jorge Ramírez - hairdresser , make-up artist
- Enrique Rubio - Drone
- Jesús Tscareno - assistant director
- Tabatha Vizuet - co-producer
- Ricardo Zertuche - main character
- Atlantic Records - Distribution
- Matter Music - music publisher
- Mother & Father - film producer
- Rosz Music Edition - music publisher
- Tonspiel - music label
- Universal Music Publishing - music publisher
- Warner Music - Distribution
Charts and chart placements
Oh Child reached position 19 in the single charts in Germany and was in the charts for a total of 19 weeks. In the German airplay charts , the single reached the top position for a week . The single reached position seven in the German dance charts and stayed in the charts for a total of 21 weeks. In addition, Oh Child was placed in the daily evaluations of the German iTunes charts for several days and reached its highest ranking on June 23, 2018 with position 39. In Austria , the single reached position 20 in 17 chart weeks and position 84 in the Swiss charts in six chart weeks. In 2018, the single was position 96 in the German single annual charts .
For Schulz as an interpreter, this is the 14th chart success in Germany and the 13th in Austria and Switzerland. As a producer it is his twelfth chart success in Germany as well as his eleventh each in Austria and Switzerland. In his writing, Schulz's Oh Child reached the German single charts for the eleventh time and the single charts in Austria and Switzerland for the tenth time. Piso 21 hit the charts in all three countries for the first time with Oh Child .
Boardman reached the charts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for the sixth time with Oh Child as an author, and in all three countries for the first time as a producer. For the Junkx production team, this is the 13th chart success in Germany as well as the ninth in Austria and the eighth in Switzerland. As a producer, they reached the German single charts for the twelfth time and the charts in Austria and Switzerland for the ninth time. With Oh Child, Bowman reached the charts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for the fourth time as an author, as well as the charts in all three countries for the first time as a producer. After All Falls Down ( Alan Walker feat. Noah Cyrus & Digital Farm Animals ), Boyle reached the charts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for the second time as an author, as well as the charts in all three countries for the first time as a producer. For Patiño Oh Child is the second chart success in his writing in Switzerland after Ginza ( J Balvin ) and his first in Germany and Austria. Blanchard, Casio and Tighe reached the charts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland as producers for the first time after some success in their writing.
Awards for music sales
In January 2019 Oh Child was awarded a gold record in Austria and March 2019 in Germany . For Schulz it is the tenth single in a row that has at least achieved gold status in Germany. Overall, it is Schulz's 12th single that was certified in his home country. Oh Child received gold twice for 215,000 units sold.
|Country / Region||Award||Sales|
|Awards for music sales
(country / region, Award, Sales)
|All in all||
2 × gold
- Music video for "Oh Child" (feat. Piso 21) on YouTube
- Making of "Oh Child" (feat. Piso 21) on YouTube
- Uncovered / Robin Schulz. listen.tidal.com, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Oh Child / Robin Schulz. listen.tidal.com, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - Oh Child. austriancharts.at, accessed on July 7, 2018 .
- Repertoire search. online.gema.de, accessed on July 7, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz - Uncovered. discogs.com, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - Oh Child. austriancharts.at, accessed on August 8, 2018 .
- BPM for 'Oh Child' by 'Robin Schulz'. songbpm.com, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz's first collaboration with a Latin American band is called “Oh Child” and it sounds like it. warnermusic.de, accessed on July 7, 2018 .
- Airplay Charts Germany: Week 31/2018. germancharts.de, accessed on June 14, 2020 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - Oh Child (Dance). officialcharts.de, accessed on September 2, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - 'Oh Child' German iTunes Chart Performance. itunescharts.net, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - Oh Child (Single). officialcharts.de, accessed on August 3, 2018 .
- Robin Schulz & Piso 21 - Oh Child. hitparade.ch, accessed on July 7, 2018 .
- Top 100 annual single charts 2018. officialcharts.de, accessed on December 23, 2018 .
- Gold / platinum database. musikindustrie.de, accessed on March 22, 2019 .
- Gold & Platinum. ifpi.at, accessed on January 29, 2019 .