|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Oberpullendorf|
|License plate :||OP|
|Main town :||Steinberg|
|Residents :||1,282 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||35 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||7453|
|Area code :||02612|
|Community code :||1 08 21|
|Address of the
Untere Hauptstrasse 10
|Mayoress :||Klaudia Friedl ( SPÖ )|
Municipal Council : ( 2017 )
|Location of Steinberg-Dörfl in the Oberpullendorf district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Steinberg-Dörfl ( Hungarian : Répcekőhalom-Dérföld , Croatian : Štamperak-Drfelj ) is a market town in Burgenland in the Oberpullendorf district in Austria with 1282 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020).
The community is located in Central Burgenland in the upper Rabnitz valley. The districts of the community are: Dörfl and Steinberg. Both are typical street villages.
The municipality includes the following two localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Dörfl (536)
- Steinberg (746)
The community consists of the cadastral communities Dörfl and Steinberg.
Under Roman rule, today's places Steinberg and Dörfl were in the province of Pannonia .
Like all of today's Burgenland, the villages of Steinberg and Dörfl belonged to Hungary (German West Hungary) until 1920/21 .
After the end of the First World War , after tough negotiations, German-West Hungary was awarded to Austria in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919. The two places have belonged to the newly founded federal state of Burgenland since 1921 (see also the history of Burgenland ).
The market town of Steinberg-Dörfl emerged in 1971 from the market town of Steinberg an der Rabnitz and the municipality of Dörfl (passed on through VO 5).
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church Steinberg an der Rabnitz hl. Wenceslaus
- New Middle School & Secondary School Marianum Steinberg of the Sisters of the Divine Redeemer
- Filial church hl. Michael
- Pilgrimage chapel Maria Bründl
- Old forge with original furnishings from 1900
The council comprises a total of 19 members based on the number of eligible voters.
|FPÖ||not running||not running||12||1.18||0||29||3.12||0||74||8.68||1|
|Green||not running||not running||74||7.28||1||not running||not running|
Mayor is Klaudia Friedl (SPÖ). In the direct mayor election 2006, the former vice mayor succeeded then mayor Franz Schneller (ÖVP), who no longer ran for election, with 62.49%. In the election on October 1, 2017, Friedl prevailed with 51.43% against her competitor Stefan Guczogi (ÖVP), who got 48.57%.
Sons and daughters
- Alois Stimakovits (1897–1961), master mason and politician ( ÖVP )
- Ludmilla Martinkovics (* 1935), former Austrian politician ( ÖVP )
- Gabriel Wagner (* 1940), former Austrian politician ( ÖVP , then FPÖ )
- Klaudia Friedl (* 1963), politician (SPÖ)
People related to the place
- Ernst Joseph Görlich (1905–1973), historian and writer, lived in Steinberg and died here
- 10821 - Steinberg-Dörfl. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Steinberg community: Official website
- New Middle School / Secondary School “Marianum” Steinberg: Official website
- Two-year Steinberg Business School: Official website
- "Blueprint in Burgenland - Josef Koó" (1985). in the online archive of the Austrian Media Library (ÖWF film; 34 min.)
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Province of Burgenland: Election results Steinberg-Dörfl 2017 (accessed on January 2, 2018)
- Province of Burgenland: Election results Steinberg-Dörfl 2012 (accessed on January 2, 2018)
- Province of Burgenland: election results Steinberg-Dörfl 2007 (accessed on January 2, 2018)
- Province of Burgenland: Steinberg-Dörfl 2002 election results (accessed on January 2, 2018)