|coat of arms||Germany map|
Coordinates: 49 ° 54 ' N , 12 ° 11' E
|Administrative region :||Upper Palatinate|
|Management Community :||Wiesau|
|Height :||528 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||42.71 km 2|
|Residents:||4012 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||94 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postcodes :||95676, 95689|
|Area code :||09634|
|License plate :||TIR, KEM|
|Community key :||09 3 77 159|
|LOCODE :||DE WEA|
|Market structure:||14 districts|
Market administration address :
|Mayor :||Toni Dutz ( CSU )|
|Location of the Wiesau market in the Tirschenreuth district|
Wiesau (Bavarian: Wiesa) is a market in the Upper Palatinate district of Tirschenreuth and the seat of the Wiesau administrative community , which also includes the Falkenberg market .
There are 14 districts:
The area around Wiesau im Nordgau was settled in the period before the 11th century. Wiesau was first mentioned in a document in 1281 as an inherited property of the Waldsassen monastery and belonged to its Stiftland .
In addition to the Kreuzbergkirche , the landmark of Wiesau, there is the Catholic parish church of St. Michael and the Protestant Church of the Resurrection. The altars of the Kreuzbergkirche were made by the Waldsassen sculptor Karl Stilp . The majority of the population is Roman Catholic.
The Wiesau market consists of the following places: Wiesau, Elsenmühle, Hechtmühle, Hurtingöd, Kornthan, Leugas, Muckenthal, Mühlhof, König-Otto-Bad, Schönfeld, Schönhaid, Tirschnitz, Triebendorf, Veitmühle. On January 1, 1978, the former community Schönhaid with the community parts Leugas and Schönhaid and from the former community Voithenthan the community parts Kornthan, Muckenthal and Mühlhof were incorporated into the Wiesau market.
Since the construction of the Regensburg - Hof (Saale) railway line and the end of the Second World War in May 1945, the number of residents has increased due to the admission of expellees , mostly from the Egerland . In the mid-1990s it leveled off at 4800-4900. In 2006 the place had about 4,300 inhabitants. The sharp drop in population of twelve percent is due to a lack of jobs and future prospects for young people in the entire region. Between 1988 and 2018, the population fell from 4613 to 4029 by 584 or 12.7%.
The local elections on March 16, 2014 led to the following distribution of seats for the 2014–2020 legislative period in Wiesau (the number of seats previously in brackets):
First mayor is Toni Dutz, second Fritz Holm. André Putzlocher has been the third mayor since May 2017.
coat of arms
Wiesau has had its own coat of arms since the market survey in 1933. The red winged dragon comes from the coat of arms of the Waldsassen monastery ; the silver shield with a blue bar is the heraldic symbol of the Landgraves of Leuchtenberg .
Since July 2005 a partnership has been connecting the Wiesau market and the municipality of Rettenberg in the Allgäu.
Culture and sights
Economy and Infrastructure
- Wiesauplast , plastics manufacturer
- Well management König Otto-Bad E. Büttner GmbH & Co.KG, mineral well operation
Wiesau is on the federal motorway 93 Regensburg - Hof with the Wiesau junction and on the federal road 299 Amberg - Waldsassen. The Weiden – Oberkotzau railway , part of the supra-regional connection Regensburg – Hof, runs through Wiesau with the only regional express stop on this line in the district at Wiesau train station. There are bus and train connections to the neighboring Czech Republic as well as to Regensburg, Munich and Nuremberg.
- Kindergarten St. Elisabeth
- Kindergarten St. Josef
- Primary and secondary school
- State vocational school (supraregional district for roller shutter and sun protection mechatronics, concrete constructors and process mechanics, also district for IT specialists in application development in the Upper Palatinate)
- Vocational School Plus (acquisition of advanced technical college entrance qualification through additional lessons during vocational training)
- State vocational school for hospitality professions (first year of training for chefs, restaurant specialists, hotel specialists and specialists in system catering)
- State vocational school for hotel and tourism management (in three years to become a state-certified assistant and a technical college entrance qualification)
- State vocational school for IT professions (three-year, full-time school training to become IT specialists or IT specialists in application development)
- State technical college for business informatics (state-certified business informatics specialist) with a branch for IT technology (state-certified IT technician)
Otto Kärner from Wiesau built up Kärner AG, a company for women's outerwear. He died in 2005 in his adopted home Rottach-Egern .
sons and daughters of the town
- Werner von Blon (1929–2009), Lord Mayor of the City of Zweibrücken from 1980 to 1993
- Walther Zeitler (1923–2006), German journalist and author
- ↑ "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- ↑ http://www.bayerische-landesbibliothek-online.de/orte/ortssuche_action.html ? Anzeige=voll&modus=automat&tempus=+20111108/170906&attr=OBJ&val= 1100
- ^ Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 663 .
- ^ Website Markt Wiesau, market council
- ↑ Homepage fountain management King Otto. Retrieved February 3, 2018 .
- Aerial views of the market
- Entry on the coat of arms of Wiesau in the database of the House of Bavarian History