Oliver Luksic (born October 9, 1979 in Saarbrücken ) is a German politician ( FDP ). For many years he was chairman of the Young Liberals Saar and has been state chairman of the FDP Saar since January 8, 2011 . From 2009 to 2013 he was a member of the Bundestag for the FDP and has been again since September 24, 2017. He is the spokesman for the FDP parliamentary group in the Committee on Transport and Digital Infrastructure.
Luksic is Protestant , married and has a daughter and a son.
education and profession
After graduating from the German-French high school in Saarbrücken in 2000 and doing his community service, Luksic studied political science and economics at the Grande école IEP in Paris from 2001 to 2006 and European studies at King's College London in 2003/2004 . He finished his studies with a master’s degree. From 2006 to 2009 he worked as a freelance management consultant, particularly in the area of internationalization of medium-sized companies, and since 2014 in the area of pharmaceutical imports.
Career in the FDP
Oliver Luksic joined the FDP and the Young Liberals in 2000 . Since then he has held various positions within the party. In 2002, Luksic was elected chairman of the Young Liberals (JuLis) Saar. Since 2002 he has led the local FDP branch of his home parish Heusweiler and has been chairman of the FDP local council since 2004. On June 13, 2008, Oliver Luksic was elected deputy state chairman of the FDP Saar .
At the regional assembly of representatives of the Saarland FDP for the 2009 federal election on December 6, 2008, Luksic was elected as the top candidate on the state list. He also ran as a direct candidate for his constituency 298 ( St. Wendel ). In the federal election on September 27, 2009 , Oliver Luksic was elected to the German Bundestag via the state list of the FDP Saar. He was a full member of the Committee on European Union Affairs and the Committee on Transport, Construction and Urban Development . Since May 23, 2012, Oliver Luksic was also the transport policy spokesman for the FDP parliamentary group, succeeding Patrick Döring . Due to the failure of his party to pass the five percent hurdle in the 2013 federal election , in which he was again the top candidate of the FDP Saar, he was not represented in the 18th German Bundestag. The FDP Saar achieved a second vote share of 3.8%.
Following the resignation of Christoph Hartmann as regional chairman of the Free Democratic Party / Democratic Party Saar , he was one of the candidates for the office of chairman together with the Minister of Health Georg Weisweiler . The election took place on January 8, 2011. Luksic was able to prevail clearly against Weisweiler with 76.3%. The then regional chairman of the Young Liberals, Sebastian Greiber, was elected as his successor as deputy state chairman . Luksic is a member of the FDP federal board .
In the state elections in Saarland in 2012 , in which Luksic ran as the top candidate, the FDP received 1.2% of the votes, which means that the party left the state parliament. In the subsequent state elections in Saarland in 2017 , in which Luksic again ran as the top candidate, the FDP once again failed to make it into the Saarland state parliament with 3.3% of the vote .
In the municipal elections in Heusweiler , the FDP, with Luksic as the top candidate, achieved 6.5% of the votes in 2004, 11.2% in 2009 and 9.1% in 2014; it is represented in parliamentary groups in the municipal council.
Luksic has been a member of the Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly since 2019 .
Luksic is a member of the European Union parliamentary group of the German Bundestag . He was also chairman of the German-Belgian-Luxembourg parliamentary group
Luksic represents the FDP on the federal board of the European Movement Germany network . He is a member of the European Union and was a member of the Young European Federalists until his 35th birthday (the upper age limit) .
Luksic is a local member of the KiTa Holz support association, the Holz fire brigade, the Heusweiler Culture Campaign and the Saar Music Festival support association .
Luksic played soccer for SV Holz, 1. FC Saarbrücken ( C youth Saarland champions 93/94), ASC Dudweiler , VfB Theley ( A youth regional league), SV Saar 05 Saarbrücken , Hellas Marpingen , SV Wahlschied , FC Kutzhof (now with the "Alte Herren ") and was the top scorer at FC Bundestag . He plays tennis with Tennisfreunde Holz and is a member of the Holz gymnastics club.
- Can the Euro be saved ? Nomos, Baden-Baden 2011, ISBN 978-3-8329-6572-3 (with prefaces by Theo Waigel and Guido Westerwelle ).
- Can the Euro be saved? Between financial market crisis and national bankruptcy . In: EU-in-BRIEF . 11-04, ed. from the European Movement Network Germany , June 2011, ISSN 2191-8252 .
- The fearful entrepreneurs. How the new polarization threatens the open society . wbg Theiss, 2019, ISBN 978-3-8062-0094-2
- http://www.sr-online.de/nachrichten/29/1167878.html ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- dpa / pku: Saarland: FDP chief learned in the delivery room of a break in the coalition. In: welt.de . January 8, 2012, accessed October 7, 2018 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from June 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Board of Directors | Network EBD. Retrieved on March 28, 2020 (German).
- Oliver Luksic: Oliver Luksic - FDP boss man for the rough - WELT. In: THE WORLD. Retrieved September 16, 2016 .
- Frank Schäffler : The agenda of fear entrepreneurs. December 12, 2019, accessed on January 6, 2020 (German).
- Michael Miersch: Greta Trump and Donald Thunberg. Accessed January 6, 2020 (German).
- FOCUS Online: FDP Vice Kubicki: Greens politicize private decisions and strengthen the margins. Retrieved January 6, 2020 .
- The time 11/2020 / Robert Pausch: review
- Nordwest-Zeitung: Review: Against the fear entrepreneurs. December 24, 2019, accessed January 6, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 9, 1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saarbrücken|