coat of arms
|mayor||Gerrit Goedhart ( CDA ; acting)|
|Seat of the municipality||Uitgeest|
|22.29 km 2
19.17 km 2
3.12 km 2
|Residents||13,557 (Jan 31, 2019)|
|Population density||608 inhabitants / km 2|
|Important traffic route|
|Website||Homepage of Uitgeest|
Uitgeest is located on the edge of Geest and Niedermoorboden , near the Alkmaardermeer lake . The community has a total area of 22.29 km². On January 31, 2019, the community had a population of 13,557.
The area was, albeit sparse, from around 450 BC. Settled. It was then hit by floods more often. It was not until the Middle Ages that some small geest settlements emerged on sand ridges (remains of dunes ): an oval field, surrounded by farms. By 1500 these had grown together to form a single village, which had flourished for a century and a half by 1650. Because the Alkmaardermeer was connected to the open sea, the village had a large deep-sea fishing fleet. The famous cartographer Willem Blaeu may have been born here in 1571. Another son of the village invented an improved windmill for sawing wood around 1599 , which was extremely important at the time. Between 1650, fishermen used more convenient harbors, and by the late 19th century Uitgeest was a poor farming village. Flower bulbs were grown here from 1900 to around 1945. After that, water sports tourism picked up on the Alkmaardermeer, and the farmers of Uitgeest switched to cattle breeding , as the flower fields had to give way to a new district.
- Alkmaardermeer: the Alkmaardermeer, a recreational lake, northeast of Uitgeest, with marinas, restaurants, campsites.
- Old village church: late Gothic , from the 14th / 15th centuries century
The most important sources of income in Uitgeest are livestock, water sports tourism and small businesses. In addition, many residents commute to work in the surrounding cities.
Distribution of seats in the municipal council
The local elections on March 21, 2018 resulted in the following distribution of seats:
|Uitgeester vrije partij||2||2||2||1|
Gerrit Goedhart ( CDA ) has been the provisional mayor of the municipality since January 27, 2020 . Her colleagues include the alderman Antoine Tromp , Judie Kloosterman , Jack Zwarthoed , Anke de Vink-Hartog and the municipal secretary Peter Schouten .
- Website of the municipality (Dutch)
- Gerrit Goedhart benoemd dead warning burgemeester Uitgeest. In: uitgeest.nl. Gemeente Uitgeest, January 22, 2020, accessed January 27, 2020 (Dutch).
- Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand . In: StatLine . Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (Dutch)
- Result of the local elections , accessed on May 19, 2018 (Dutch)
- seats in the municipal council: 2006 2010 2014–2018 , accessed on May 19, 2018 (Dutch)
- College Gemeente Uitgeest, accessed May 19, 2018 (Dutch)