Dominican national soccer team
|Association||Federación Dominicana de Fútbol|
|Head coach||David González (since 2019)|
Estadio Olímpico Félix Sánchez ,
Estadio de Fútbol Panamericano de San Cristóbal
|FIFA rank||158th (1019 points)
(as of July 16, 2020)
First international match Dominican Republic 0-8 Haiti ( Dominican Republic ; May 21, 1967 )
Biggest win Dominican Republic 17-0 British Virgin Islands ( San Cristóbal , Dominican Republic ; October 14, 2010 )
Biggest defeats Dominican Republic 8-0 Haiti ( Dominican Republic ; May 21, 1967 ) Trinidad and Tobago 8-0 Dominican Republic ( Port of Spain , Trinidad & Tobago ; June 23, 1996 )
The Dominican national soccer team is the national soccer team of the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean . The team belongs to the sporty middle class of the continental association CONCACAF . So far, the team has not yet managed to qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup or the World Cup.
- 1930 to 1974 - did not participate
- 1978 - In qualifying for the 1978 World Cup in Argentina , they met Haiti in the Caribbean zone in the first round in Group B and were eliminated 3-0 and 3-0.
- 1982 to 1990 - did not participate
- 1994 - In qualifying for the 1994 World Cup in the USA , they met Puerto Rico in the first round of Caribbean zone 2 and were eliminated 1: 2 and 1: 1.
- 1998 - In qualifying for the 1998 World Cup in France , they first met Aruba in Caribbean zone 2 of the preliminary round , against which they prevailed 3: 2 and 3: 1. Then you met the Netherlands Antilles and could also prevail with 2: 1 and 0: 0. The next opponent was Trinidad and Tobago . However, they had to admit defeat 1: 4 and 0: 8 and were eliminated.
- 2002 - In qualifying for the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea , they were drawn in the Caribbean zone 3 of the 1st round against Montserrat and prevailed 3-0 and 3-1. In the semifinals they met again on Trinidad and Tobago and were eliminated with 0: 3 and 0: 1.
- 2006 - In the qualification for the 2006 World Cup in Germany , Anguilla played in the 1st round and qualified 0-0 and 6-0 for the 2nd round. There they met Trinidad and Tobago again and were eliminated again with 0: 2 and 0: 4.
- 2010 - As part of qualifying for the 2010 Soccer World Cup in South Africa , the team met the Puerto Rico national team in the first round of the CONCACAF zone , but lost 1-0 in the only game after extra time and were eliminated.
- 2014 - In qualifying for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil , Anguilla met again in the 1st round and prevailed 2-0 and 4-0. In the second round they met El Salvador , the Cayman Islands and Suriname . After two wins, two draws and two defeats, they were eliminated as second in the group.
- 2018 - In qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia , the team met Belize in the second round in June 2015 and were eliminated 1: 2 and 0: 3.
CONCACAF Gold Cup
- 1991 to 1996 - not qualified
- 1998 - withdrawn
- 2000 to 2003 - not qualified
- 2005 and 2007 - withdrawn
- 2009 - did not participate
- 2011 to 2021 - not qualified
- 1989 to 1990 - not qualified
- 1991 - preliminary round
- 1992 to 2001 - not qualified
- 2005 to 2007 - Withdrawn
- 2008 - did not participate
- 2010 - did not qualify
- 2012 - preliminary round
- 2014 to 2017 - not qualified
- Manfred Höner (1993–1994)
- Juan Emilio Mojica (1999-2002)
- William Bennett (2004-2006)
- Ljubomir Crnokrak (2006-2007)
- Juan Emilio Mojica (2008)
- Clemente Hernández (2010-2014)
- José Hernández (2015)
- Roberto Díaz (2015-2016)
- Juan Emilio Mojica (2016-2017)
- Orlando Capellino (2017-2019)
- David González (since 2019)
- The FIFA / Coca-Cola World Ranking. In: fifa.com. July 16, 2020, accessed July 21, 2020 .