|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Arzfeld|
|Height :||520 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.58 km 2|
|Residents:||195 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||35 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54619|
|Area code :||06559|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 259|
|Association administration address:||Luxemburger Strasse 6
|Local Mayor :||Hermann Schwalen|
|Location of the local community in Leidenborn in the Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm|
The place is in the west of the Eifel , only a few kilometers east of the border with Luxembourg . Neighboring communities are Großkampenberg and Kesfeld in the north, Üttfeld in the south, Sengerich in the south, Herzfeld in the southwest and Lützkampen in the west.
Almost three quarters of the municipal area is used for agriculture, over 20% is forest area (as of 2011).
The ending of the Leidenborner place name indicates a development during the medieval clearing phases. Until the end of the 18th century, Leidenborn belonged to the Dasburg dominion in the Duchy of Luxembourg .
As the mayor's office , Leidenborn received an official building and a small police station with a prison during the Prussian period. After the place had developed very positively at first, it was thrown back by the construction of the west wall and the Ardennes offensive . About 90% of the site was destroyed when the front changed. The resulting minefields also tore numerous civilians to their deaths after the war.
Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Leidenborn, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Divided by a silver wavy bar of red and green. Above is an open golden book, each of the two visible pages covered with an eye: black eyelashes, silver cornea, black iris. Below three golden ears of corn arranged in a fan shape. "|
Economy and Infrastructure
Today, Leidenborn is an agricultural community . Since 1971, when 29 farms were still counted, the utilized agricultural area has decreased from 385 ha to 269 ha (2010), which were cultivated by four farms.
Leidenborn is the location of a volunteer fire brigade with 11 members.
- Local community Leidenborn
- Local community Leidenborn on the webpage of the association community Arzfeld
- To search for cultural goods belonging to the Leidenborn community in the database of cultural goods in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 61 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Description of coat of arms / justification. Local community Leidenborn, accessed on September 24, 2015 .