|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Arzfeld|
|Height :||548 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||11.44 km 2|
|Residents:||314 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||27 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54619|
|Primaries :||06554, 06559|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 260|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Luxemburger Strasse 6
|Local Mayor :||Alois Leick|
|Location of the local community Lichtenborn in the Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm|
Lichtenborn is located in the Islek region , in the west of the Eifel , just a few kilometers east of the state border with Luxembourg . North of the place rises to the Lichtenborner Höhe with a panoramic view over large parts of the landscape.
The municipality is divided into the districts of Lichtenborn, Kopscheid and Stalbach. The Lichtenborn district also includes the Eppelbruch, Eulenbruch and Faulenpuhl residential areas ; The Fuchswiese residential area belongs to the Stalbach district.
With 72%, almost three quarters of the municipal area is used for agriculture, 22% are forest (as of 2011).
Today's main town Lichtenborn was first mentioned in a document in 1330 as "lichtbreit", which roughly means "deforested area". Until the end of the 18th century, Lichtenborn and Stalbach belonged to the Pronsfeld condominium and Kopscheid to the Neuerburg rule in the Duchy of Luxembourg . As the administrative seat of the mayor's office in Lichtenborn , it was under Prussian administration, later the place came under the Waxweiler office .
On January 1, 1973, the previously independent communities Kopscheid (then 95 inhabitants) and Stalbach (87) were incorporated into Lichtenborn.
The development of the population of Lichtenborn in relation to today's municipality area; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
On the same date, Alois Leick was elected local mayor with 53.8% of the vote. He replaced Friedhelm Hermes in this position.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In silver, a red drawbar surrounded by three black ribbons."|
Justification for the coat of arms: The drawbar stands for the fork in the road in the village center of Lichtenborn, where the federal road 410 coming from the Prümtal swings to the left in the direction of Luxembourg and from which the state road 9 leads to the right in the direction of Belgium .
The three former communities of Lichtenborn, Kopscheid and Stalbach are symbolized by the three loops, which are based on ornaments on Lichtenborn crosses from the 18th century.
The colors red and silver are based on the coat of arms of the von Brandenburg family and the oldest coat of arms of the Counts of Vianden . The patronage of the Lichtenborn Church belonged to the Luxembourg Lords of Brandenburg and descended from the Counts of Vianden. The latter probably had the first church built in Lichtenborn.
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church of St. Servatius from 1895
- There are several crossroads across the municipality .
- Various stories and legends entwine around a stone cross ("Black Cross") in a spruce forest in the Lichtenborn area.
Green spaces and recreation
- Enz cycle path near Lichtenborn
- Trail riding
- Annual fair or parish fair
- Traditional rattling or rattling on Good Friday and Holy Saturday
- Castle burning on the first weekend after Ash Wednesday (so-called Scheef Sunday)
Economy and Infrastructure
Lichtenborn is today an agricultural community . Since 1971, when there were still 72 agricultural holdings, the utilized agricultural area has increased from 914 ha to 942 ha (2010), which was cultivated by 16 holdings.
Lichtenborn is the location of a volunteer fire brigade with 14 members.
- Ernst Wackenroder (edit.): The art monuments of the Prüm district (= Paul Clemen [Hrsg.]: The art monuments of the Rhine province . Volume 12 / II ). Trier 1983, ISBN 3-88915-006-3 , p. 96 (222 p., With 9 plates and 185 ills. In the text. Reprinted by the Schwann edition, Düsseldorf 1927).
- Local community Lichtenborn
- Local community Lichtenborn on the webpage of the association community Arzfeld
- To search for cultural goods of the local community Lichtenborn in the database of cultural goods in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 61 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 185 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Description of coat of arms / justification. Lichtenborn community, accessed on September 24, 2015 .
- Entry on Saint Servatius in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region ; Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- tour near Lichtenborn. Retrieved April 3, 2018 .
- riding in Lichtenborn. Retrieved April 3, 2018 .
- Hüttenbrennen in the Eifel. Retrieved May 1, 2016 .
- Hut Sunday in the Eifel. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .