|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Arzfeld|
|Height :||445 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.41 km 2|
|Residents:||31 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||22 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54597|
|Area code :||06556|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 315|
|Association administration address:||Luxemburger Strasse 6
|Local Mayor :||Albert Thiex|
|Location of the local community in Strickscheid in the Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm|
Strickscheid is two kilometers west of Lünebach and ten kilometers southwest of the town of Prüm on the Islek Heights. The village covers altitudes between 450 and , it extends largely along the village street, which runs in a west-east direction. In terms of natural space , around 70% of the agricultural area of the municipality can be assigned to the undulating and largely forest-free Arzfeld plateau in the West Eifel. The village is passed from Kreisstraße 117 , which leads to Lünebach, among other places.
Strickscheid borders in the east on the local community Lünebach and in the west on the local community Euscheid .
The ending “-scheid” of the Strickscheid place name indicates that the place was created during the late medieval clearing . It was first mentioned in a document as "Stritschit" in 1489. During the feudal period , the place belonged to the Pronsfeld condominium . Under the Prussian government, the place first went to the mayor of Lünebach , and later to the mayor of Waxweiler .
The place has no chapel and no parish hall. In 1900 there were 68 residents here. Strickscheid is traditionally characterized by agriculture, two courtyards dominate the place. Recently, however, it is also the location of the company building of Aaronia AG, which manufactures spectrum analyzers and EMC antennas.
The development of the population of Strickscheid, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
In 2004 Albert Thiex was elected local mayor with 57.7% of the vote . He was confirmed in office in 2009 and 2014.
One of the few employers in the municipality is Aaronia AG, which is the only company located in the Aaronia AG industrial estate.
- Internet presence of the local community in Strickscheid
- Local community Strickscheid on the webpage of the association community Arzfeld
- To search for cultural assets of the local community of Strickscheid in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Aaronia website . Retrieved November 1, 2019.