Lochmoos nature reserve
View of the "Lochmoos" nature reserve (2015)
|location||Schlier , Ravensburg district , Baden-Württemberg , Germany|
|Area / extent||55.31 ha / 2124 m|
|Sea level||from 632 m to 647.9 m|
|Setup date||April 23, 1993|
|administration||Regional Council Tübingen|
The 55 hectare nature reserve is located between Weingarten and Wolfegg in the district of Schlier . In terms of nature, it belongs to the pre-alpine hill and moorland . The Schwarzenbach flows through it in a northeastern direction . The Bannbühlweiher is located in the southeast .
According to the Protected Areas Ordinance, the main protection purpose is "the preservation and, if possible, improvement of the ecological value of the moorland landscape of the Lochmoos as a valuable element of the conventional cultural landscape, habitat and retreat for a species-rich and sometimes highly endangered animal and plant world, source area and water reservoir for the culturally and historically significant water system of the "Silent brook" and an important part of the habitat network of Upper Swabian wetlands. "
Flora and fauna
- Flea Sedge ( Carex pulicaris )
- Green-winged Orchid ( Orchis morio )
- Glossy tenderloin ( Liparis loeselii )
- Flour primrose ( Primula fariniosa )
- Globular devil's claw ( Phyteuma orbiculare )
- Carnation ( Dianthus superbus )
- Spatula- leaf ragwort ( Tephroseris helenitis )
- Round-leaved sundew ( Drosera rotundifolia )
- Märzenbecher ( Leucojum vernum )
The fauna worthy of protection includes the following animal species:
- Moor frog ( Rana arvalis )
- Tree frog ( Hyla arborea )
- Siberian winter dragonfly ( Sympecma paedisca )
- Golden piebald butterfly ( Euphydryas aurinia )
Contiguous protected areas
- Ordinance of the Tübingen regional council on the »Lochmoos« nature reserve of April 23, 1993. Accessed on July 2, 2018 .
- Appreciation of the "Lochmoos" nature reserve. Retrieved July 2, 2018 .