Hüller grew up in Oberhof and Friedrichroda . During her school days she attended the school's theater course and later took part in theater workshops (e.g. Theatertreffen der Jugend 1996). After graduating from high school in Friedrichroda, she studied from 1996 to 2000 at the Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts in Berlin .
After completing her acting studies, she was a member of the ensemble at the Theaterhaus Jena from 1999 to 2001 and then at the Schauspiel Leipzig from 2001 to 2002 . The Jena dramaturge Oliver Held recommended her to Theater Basel , where she was a member of the ensemble from the 2002/03 season until the summer of 2006. From 2012–2015 she was a member of the ensemble at the Münchner Kammerspiele , and in 2018 she became a member of the ensemble at the Schauspielhaus Bochum . Guest engagements have taken her to the Volksbühne Berlin , the Staatsschauspiel Hannover , the Theater am Neumarkt Zurich , the Theater Freiburg and the Neue Theater Halle . She also played in 2008, 2015, 2016 and 2017 at the Ruhrtriennale and in 2018 at the Salzburg Festival .
On the theater stage, Hüller embodied the rock singer and widow of Kurt Cobain , Courtney Love, in the dance play For Love (director: Tom Schneider) . In the Prater of the Volksbühne Berlin she starred in Virgin Queen , the Queen Elizabeth I. The play, directed by Claudia Bauer is a solo with Sandra Hüller and three musicians and many dolls that are played by the musicians.
Hüller had her first major film role in 2006 as Michaela Klingler in Hans-Christian Schmid's film Requiem . She has received multiple awards for her portrayal of the young woman suffering from epilepsy . In 2008 she stood in front of the camera for Max Färberböck's film adaptation of Anonyma - A Woman in Berlin . Other important projects included the feature films Brownian Movement (2010) and Toni Erdmann , who was represented in the competition at the Cannes International Film Festival in 2016 . In the same year, Hüller was awarded the European Film Prize for Best Actress for the part of Ines Conradi .
After she was newly elected to the Akademie der Künste (Berlin) in 2017 and played the lead role Marion in the multi-award-winning opening film of the Berlinale, In den Gänge , in 2018 , she was appointed to the competition jury of the 69th Berlin International Film Festival in 2019 .
In July 2020, Hüller released the mini-album "Be Your Own Prince", which consists of songs she composed herself and recorded with the Berlin musician Daniel Freitag .
Sandra Hüller lives in Bochum and Leipzig-Plagwitz and has a daughter.
- 1999: Midsommar Stories (episode film) - Director: Andi Niessner
- 2003: Little Sister (short film) - Director: Thomas Adamicka
- 2003: Not on your mouth (short film) - Director: Kathrin Feistl
- 2004: Cows smile with their eyes (short film) - Director: Johanna Icks
- 2005: Madonnen - Director: Maria Speth
- 2006: Requiem - Director: Hans-Christian Schmid
- 2008: Anonyma - A Woman in Berlin - Director: Max Färberböck
- 2008: The Architect - Director: Ina Weisse
- 2009: Fräulein Stinnes drives around the world - Director: Erica von Moeller
- 2009: Roentgen (short film) - Director: Michael Venus
- 2009: Flying - Director: Piotr J. Lewandowski
- 2010: Henri 4 - Directed by Jo Baier
- 2010: Aghet - Ein Genocide - Director: Eric Friedler
- 2010: Brownian Movement - Director: Nanouk Leopold
- 2011: Über uns das All - Direction: Jan Schomburg
- 2011: River (short film) - Director: Michael Venus
- 2011: The Criminalist (TV series; episode: Addiction ) - Director: Filippos Tsitos
- 2013: Finsterworld - Director: Frauke Finsterwalder
- 2013: Pinocchio (three-part television series) - Director: Anna Justice
- 2014: Forget Me - Director: Jan Schomburg
- 2014: Polizeiruf 110 (TV series, episode Dawn ) - Director: Alexander Adolph
- 2014: Amour Fou - Director: Jessica Hausner
- 2016: Toni Erdmann - Director: Maren Ade
- 2016: The crime scene cleaner (TV series, episode Özgür ) - Director: Arne Feldhusen
- 2017: Fack ju Göhte 3 - Director: Bora Drachtkin
- 2018: In the Aisles - Director: Thomas Stuber
- 2018: 25 km / h - Director: Markus Goller
- 2019: Sibyl - Therapy pointless ( Sibyl) - Director: Justine Trie t
- 2019: Proxima - Director: Alice Winocour
- 2020: Exil - Director: Visar Morina
- 2020: Sleep - Director: Michael Venus
- 2017: Daniel Freitag - Don't
- 2020: The One (Video for the single release of the debut album Be Your Own Prince )
- since 2018: Ensemble member at the Schauspielhaus Bochum
- 2015–2018: Guest engagements at the Ruhrtriennale , Salzburg Festival , Theater am Neumarkt Zurich
- 2012–2015: Ensemble member of the Münchner Kammerspiele
- 2007–2011: Guest engagements at the Münchner Kammerspiele , Ruhrtriennale , Neues Theater Halle , Theater Freiburg , Volksbühne Berlin , Staatsschauspiel Hannover
- 2002–2006: Member of the Theater Basel ensemble
- 2001–2002: Ensemble member at Schauspiel Leipzig
- 1999–2001: Member of the Theaterhaus Jena ensemble
- 2013: Paul Plamper : The Purchase - Realization: Paul Plamper (WDR / BR / DLF / Schauspiel Köln)
- 2017: Paul Plamper: Serving Spirits - Realization: Paul Plamper (WDR / BR / DLF (culture) / MDR / Ruhrtriennale / Maxim-Gorki-Theater )
- 2013: Finn-Ole Heinrich : The amazing adventures of Maulina Schmitt - My broken kingdom. ( Audio company )
- 2014: Finn-Ole Heinrich: The amazing adventures of Maulina Schmitt - Waiting for miracles. (Audio company)
- 2015: Finn-Ole Heinrich: The amazing adventures of Maulina Schmitt - End of the Universe (Hörcompany)
- 2015: Karen Köhler : We fished rockets (tacheles! / Roof Music )
- 2017: Mariana Leky : What you can see from here (tacheles! / Roof Music)
- 2018: Wolfgang Herrndorf : Pictures of your great love: A great monologue with music (tacheles! / Roof Music)
- 2019: Mariana Leky: The men's outfitter (tacheles! / Roof Music)
- 2003: "Young Actress of the Year" from the magazine Theater heute for the role of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet (director: Sebastian Nübling) and for the role of Dora in Die Sexual Neurosen Unser Eltern (director: Barbara Frey)
- 2005: Bavarian Film Award - “Best Young Actress” for the leading role of Michaela in Requiem
- 2006: German Film Critics ' Award for "Best Actress"
- 2006: Silver Bear of the Berlinale as “Best Actress” for her leading role in Requiem
- 2006: German Film Award in the category “Best Acting Performance - Female Leading Role” for her role in Requiem
- 2009: Ulrich Wildgruber Prize
- 2010: Actress of the year in the critics' survey of the magazine Theater heute for her roles in Parzival at the Hanover Theater and Virgin Queen at the Berliner Volksbühne
- 2011: “Jury Prize for Special Individual Performance” at the Festival of German Films for Über uns das All and Brownian Movement
- 2011: Actress Award for Über uns das All , Festival du Cinema Europeen in Essonne
- 2011: Actress Award for About Us, Space , Festival du Film de Valenciennes
- 2011: “Chistera” for the best actress for Über uns das All , Festival du Film de Saint Jean de Luz
- 2011: Award of the German film critics as “Best Actress” for Über uns das All
- 2012: Prize for acting at the Festival of German Film
- 2013: 3sat Prize at the Berlin Theatertreffen
- 2013: Actress of the year in the critics' poll of Theater heute magazine
- 2014: German Film Award in the category “Best Acting Performance - Female Supporting Role” for her role in Finsterworld
- 2016: European Film Award for Toni Erdmann (Best Actress)
- 2017: Bavarian Film Award 2016 in the category “Best Actress” for Toni Erdmann
- 2017: German Film Award in the category “Best Acting Performance - Female Leading Role” for her role in Toni Erdmann
- 2017: Admission to the Berlin Academy of the Arts
- 2019: Actress of the year in the critics' poll of the magazine Theater heute for her portrayal of Penthesilea
- 2019: Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring for her role as "Hamlet" at the Schauspielhaus Bochum
- 2020: Theater Prize Berlin
- 2020: Actress of the year in the critics' poll of Theater heute magazine for her portrayal of Hamlet
- Sandra Hüller in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Sandra Hüller at filmportal.de
- Sandra Hüller. Profile at the Schneider Berlin agency.
- Stephan Elsemann: Actress Sandra Hüller: "I don't believe in perfection". In: fudder.de. January 15, 2009 .
- Wolfgang Höbel: Theater premiere in Munich: Die Kindertotmacherin. In: Spiegel Online . December 9, 2007 (review by Mamma Medea ).
- WDR 3 (West German Broadcasting) mosaic. Conversation on Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Sandra Hüller's website
- Sandra Hüller is the actress of the year. In: Spiegel Online . August 27, 2020, accessed on August 27, 2020 .
- Actress Sandra Hüller in the international jury. (No longer available online.) January 29, 2019, archived from the original on January 29, 2019 .
- Home. Retrieved on July 27, 2020 (German).
- Sandra Hüller now plays a lo-fi superhero - in Daniel Friday's new video. In: musikexpress.de. September 29, 2017. Retrieved February 15, 2019 .
- Sandra Hüller - The One (Official Video) , accessed on May 7, 2020
- Weltkino in Ludwigshafen ( Memento from September 12, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- Michael Kötz: Laudation. (No longer available online.) June 17, 2012, archived from the original on March 5, 2014 .
- New members of the Akademie der Künste. In: adk.de. Akademie der Künste, July 7, 2017, accessed February 15, 2019 .
- Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring 2019 goes to Sandra Hüller , bensheim-auerbach.com December 16, 2019, accessed December 16, 2019
- Sandra Hüller receives the Berlin Theater Prize. January 10, 2020, accessed January 10, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 30, 1978|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Suhl|