Filmpool film and television production
|filmpool entertainment GmbH|
|management||Vittorio Valente, Markus Schäfer|
|Branch||Film and television production|
|filmpool fiction GmbH|
|management||Iris Kiefer, Markus Schäfer|
|Branch||Film and television production|
The core business of Filmpool Entertainment comprises the development and production of entertainment programs of various genres. These include court shows , television games , documentary soaps , television series , documentaries and shows , and the like. a. for WDR , RTL , ZDF , VOX , Sat.1 , RTL II , ProSieben . In 2005 the company produced around 800 hours of television programming, in 2008 it was 500 hours. Currently around 1500 hours are produced annually, mainly in the field of scripted reality , where Filmpool Entertainment has played a leading role.
Filmpool Fiction develops and produces fictional programs for all major German broadcasters. For many years, Filmpool Fiction's program brands have included “Tatort” Munster with Jan Josef Liefers and Axel Prahl and “Polizeiruf 110” from Rostock with Anneke Kim Sarnau and Charly Hübner . The crime series “ Kommissar Dupin ” with Pasquale Aleardi , based on the bestselling novels by Jean-Luc Bannalec , is also one of the company's successful formats, as is “Polizeiruf 110” from Magdeburg with Claudia Michelsen and Matthias Matschke . The portfolio is rounded off by highly regarded individual works such as B. “ Better than you ” with Christoph Maria Herbst , Ulrike Tscharre and Sophie von Kessel , “ The winner ticket ” with Matthias Habich and Angela Winkler , “Last exit Sauerland” with Heiner Lauterbach and Friedrich von Thun or “ Mother's enough now ” with Ulrike Krumbiegel and Ernst Stötzner , to name just a small selection.
The company was founded on October 31, 1974 by the journalist and producer Gisela Marx , who has continued to work as a consultant since she left the management on September 1, 2009. The first production of the Filmpool was a commercial for wallpaper. In the 1970s, the company's focus was on developing and producing industrial and advertising films, for example for the Unimog , Linde AG and ministries, as well as documentaries.
In the 1980s, TV films and series were added. Since the early 1990s, Filmpool has also been developing "non-fictional" entertainment formats and comedy.
Since 2004, Filmpool has been part of the MME MOVIEMENT group (Filmpool GmbH-Hürth; MME GmbH-Berlin; Allmedia GmbH-Munich; White Balance GmbH-Hamburg; Lunet GmbH-Munich; Time2Talk GmbH-Potsdam), which has been the fourth largest German television producer since 2005 (after the UFA group, Studio Hamburg and Bavaria Film ). This group was in turn taken over in 2007 by the British group All3Media . In 2012, filmpool split into filmpool entertainment GmbH and filmpool fiction GmbH.
Filmpool entertainment has its own casting department, the index of which includes around 120,000 amateur actors from Germany. In 2006 the Filmpool Academy was founded for the further training of employees. Direction seminars were held by director Rainer Matsutani as a lecturer .
The annual sales of filmpool Film- und Fernsehproduktion GmbH were in 2003: 44 million euros; 2004: 49 million euros; 2005: approx. 47 million euros. In the years 2009–2011, several filmpool projects had budgets of more than one million euros each.
Awards from Filmpool productions since 1998 (selection):
- 1999 German TV Award in the category “Best Director of TV Film”: Claudia Prietzel
- 2000 Prix Italia (52nd International Radio and Television Competition)
- Kelly Bastian - The Story of a Hope
- Judge Barbara Salesch - The criminal court
- 2002 German Television Award - "Best Daily Show"
- Pietje Bell
- 2003 Children's Film Festival Münster: Prize of the Children's Jury
- The November man
- 2007 film art award for television in Germany
- Its on the tip of my tongue
- 2009 Zoom International TV Festival, Critic Award - Best European TV Film
- 1980–1990: WWF Club ( West German advertising television , show)
- since 1993: Police call 110 (NDR)
- 1993: Motzki ( NDR / WDR, TV series)
- 1999: Shame (TV movie)
- 1999–2012: Judge Barbara Salesch (Sat.1, court show)
- 2001-2004: Die Sitte (RTL, TV series)
- 2001–2008: The juvenile court (RTL, court show)
- 2001-2013: Zwei bei Kallwass ( Sat.1 , pseudo-reality-show)
- 2002–2008: The Family Court (RTL, court show)
- since 2002: Münster- Tatorte ( WDR / ARD , crime series)
- 2003-2014: Niederig und Kuhnt - detect commissioners (Sat.1, pseudo-documentary)
- 2005: Place for Heroes ( KI.KA , children's magazine)
- 2007-2008: Public Prosecutor Posch determined ( RTL , pseudo-documentary)
- 2007: The November Man (TV movie)
- 2007-2011: Everything that is right (ARD series)
- 2009–2014: Families in focus (RTL, pseudo-docu-soap)
- since 2009: suspected cases (RTL, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2009: It's on my tongue (TV film, ARD)
- 2009: Gonger - Evil Never Forgets ( Pro 7 , Film)
- 2009–2011: Countdown - The hunt begins (RTL, TV series)
- 2010–2015: The Trovatos - detectives uncover (RTL)
- since 2010: X-Diaries (RTL2, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2010: The Wall Gunner (TV film, ARTE / NDR)
- 2011-2014: private detectives in action (RTL2, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2011–2014: Sue me! (VOX)
- since 2011: Berlin - Day & Night (RTL2, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2012-2013: Family cases (Sat.1)
- since 2012: Cologne 50667 (RTL2, daily soap)
- 2013: Patchwork Family (Sat.1 / SIXX, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2013: Kallwass intervenes (Sat.1, pseudo-docu-soap)
- since 2013: lawyers in action (Sat.1, pseudo-docu-soap)
- since 2013: On patrol (Sat. 1, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2013: Schmiede 21 (RTL2, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2014: Vienna - Day & Night (ATV, pseudo-docu-soap)
- 2014: Let's talk about ... (RTL2, docu-soap)
- 2016: Police call 110: terminus
- 2017-2018: The Other Side ( TLC , Weekly Mystery Soap).
- since 2018: Leben.Lieben.Leipzig (RTL2, pseudo-docu-soap)
- since 2015: On patrol - the specialists
- since 2016: Klinik am Südring