Manfred Günther (psychologist)
Manfred Günther (* 1948 in Bochum ) is a German social work scientist and emergency school psychologist a. D. and teacher who works today as a coach and author; he lives in Berlin-Lichterfelde and on La Palma and has a daughter.
Life and accomplishments
Manfred Günther comes from a family of miners in the Ruhr area and graduated from high school in 1968 at the boys' high school in Witten . After studying philosophy, journalism at Kurt Koszyk and psychology in Bochum as well as financial statements at Klaus Holzenkamp and Eva Jaeggi in Berlin he completed a teaching degree ( Employment Studies / Economics) degree from the PH Berlin . In addition to his job, he first acquired VT and Self Management with Frederick Kanfer from 1977 , studied "Psychosocial Care" from 1985 to 1987 with Dieter Kleiber's team and from 1999 to 2001 completed training as a mediator .
In 1977 Günther became the therapeutic director in a special education home of the Diakonie . Between 1977 and 1980, the primary school principal Hugdietrich Schroeder and Manfred Günther set up one of the first school replacement projects in West Berlin in Lichterfelde . In 1979 the school psychologist (who was a practical student of the equally prominent school psychologists Klaus Schüttler-Janikulla and Erich Perlwitz) exchanged views with Howard W. Polsky , discovered Sam Ferrainola's Glen Mills Schools near Philadelphia and, in 1980, attended the Bridge Over Troubled Waters and Robert White School , Boston . During business trips, he explored other psychosocial projects in different countries.
From 1982 Günther designed a psychosocial concept youth (right) counseling with a housing project for young adults in the center of West Berlin for 17 years in his main job with JOKER . In 1986/87 he coined terms such as differential pedagogy and youth welfare station in his "Psychodschungel" book , founded and headed the state working group youth counseling and living until 1997 in order to temporarily co-chair the performance center for psychological and medical services after further training in cost and performance accounting to become.
As a representative of the interests of adolescents , Manfred Günther provided a draft for of Book Eight Social Code in 1989 and further legal positions in 1994, which were incorporated into the Berlin Implementation Act for the KJHG , for which Thomas Krüger was politically responsible . In addition to small monographs, he published over 20 journal articles, numerous book reviews - most recently the publicly controversial polemic against Andreas Müller's end to social romance , interviews, glosses and the list of pocket money for children and young people, which is updated every two years . In media such as the SFB , FAB ( Hallo Berlin ), the blog "Väterzeit" and the ZDF morning magazine , he appeared and still appears as an expert.
Part-time engagement includes lectures, moderation, coaching and workshops - e.g. B. for the BAG-Catholic youth social work, for the Alliance Democracy Now , at the German Youth Welfare Day 2004 in Osnabrück, for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung , for the Schweinfurthstrasse house, for the DPWV office managers of the five new federal states, the LISUM B. -B. , for NeUhland, UnderstandingBus DVJJ and Tönstör (Switzerland) and most recently in 2015 at the Child Protection Day of the Caritas educational and family counseling centers in Württemberg; From 2012 to 2014 Günther also worked in online psychological counseling. In October 2014, he published the current legal situation in German child protection in the Tagesspiegel .
The Brandenburg Ministry of Culture commissioned Manfred Günther to develop the curriculum certificate courses for youth social work
After the amoktat in Erfurt , Günther switched to the German Forum for Crime Prevention , which worked between the Federal Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of the Interior, because of an expert commission from the Minister President's Conference , won Herbert Scheithauer for the cooperation, was also a speechwriter for Rudolf Egg and speaker of the Federal Working Group Youth Social Work - Police and the Bund-Länder-AG on domestic violence and schools .
Manfred Günther continues to work primarily as a specialist book author and coach.
Günther has received around 50 lecturer assignments so far ; Since 1975 he has been a regular lecturer at various technical colleges , universities and academies, including the Pädagogische Hochschule Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin , from 1979 to 1995 University of Applied Sciences for Social Work and Social Pedagogy / Alice Salomon University Berlin , Burckhardthaus der Caritas , CJD Academy , from 1991 until 2016 houses in Schweinfurthstraße and Am Rupenhorn , Social Pedagogical Training Center Brandenburg ( today merged: SFBB in the Glienicke hunting lodge ); JAW Qualification Unit; 1999 to 2002 Freie Universität Berlin , Academy for Social Professions Berlin, Administrative Academy Berlin, Humboldt University Berlin (Institute for Rehabilitation Sciences) and from 2011 to 2014 Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences .
His topics include practical skills , therapeutic concepts and techniques, care structures, violence prevention and crisis intervention methods and, above all, youth welfare law related to professional practice .
Manfred Günther had refused military service in 1966 at the age of 17 ; In 1969 he was a founding member of the u. a. " Republican Clubs " organized by Christa and Detlef Thierig in his hometown of Witten. After moving to West Berlin, he first became a member of the “RotZePs”; later he turned to real socialism in protest against the coup in Chile . From 1975 he was responsible for organizing the campaign against radical decrees , rule requests and professional bans in the teaching staff of the PH Berlin .
His eurocommunist positions, including discussions with Jan Vogeler and Wolf Biermann's expulsion, brought him to the opposition group “ Die Klarheit ”. As a result, like Annette Schwarzenau , he looked for a new political home, became a member of the Alternative List for Democracy and Environmental Protection in 1983 and founded a. a. with Jasenka Villbrandt the “ youth welfare area ”. During an eight-month special leave he worked in 1990 a. a. with Susanne Stumpenhusen in an ÖTV solidarity brigade in Massaya / Nicaragua . Because of increasing differences with officials of the Bündnis90 / Die Grünen movement , the psychologist has not been involved in party politics since 2005.
Memberships and Functions
- 1977–1980: Specialist group for church workers in the ÖTV -Berlin , in the state board
- 1993–1998: State youth welfare committee Berlin, subcommittee on educational assistance
- 1992–2000: Member of the Board of Trustees of the Pestalozzi-Froebel-Haus public foundation appointed by the Berlin House of Representatives
- 1996–1998: Aktion '70 , Board of Directors
- more before 2019: Berlin Legal Aid Fund for Youth Welfare ; Society for the German Language , Archive of the Future ; Wikimedia eV , archive of youth cultures
- current: Humanist Association of Germany , from 1993 to 1997 in the Berlin State Executive, since 2018 in the Arbitration Commission
- Disciplined students through behavior modification? , in: Democratic Education (3rd year issue 1) 1977. Reprinted in: Klaus Ulich (Hrsg.): When students disturb. Beltz , Munich 1980, ISBN 3-407-25071-1 and in Helgard Moll-Strobel (Hrsg.): The problem of discipline difficulties in teaching . Scientific Book Society, Darmstadt 1983, ISBN 3-534-08308-3 . .
- Alternative concepts for 'not schoolable' and delinquent young people in the USA , in: Sozialpädagogik (23) 1981.
- Psychosocial effects of unemployment on young people , in: Jugend - Beruf - Gesellschaft 4/1981; Reprinted in: BAG Jugendaufbauwerk (ed.): Youth unemployment - offers of youth social work to solve an urgent problem , Bonn 1982
- Aids for young adults under SGB VIII § 41 , in: Youth Services 8/1993
- Prevention through sport , in: Forum crime prevention . 2/2006
- (with Kurt Kersten): Youth in Wilmersdorf 1984. An empirical study on time awareness, leisure and problem behavior of young people in the district , BA Wilmersdorf v. Berlin, Youth Department, 1985
- Psychodiagnostics , outpatient therapy and accommodation in curative educational or clinical facilities. A study of indication problems in adolescents with mental disorders in psychosocial services , Berlin 1986
- (with Sebastian Braunert): On the situation of the education and family counseling centers in Germany . Framework conditions, prevention, cooperation , Bonn 2005
- Young people in the Berlin psycho jungle , Berlin 1987, ISBN 3-925399-03-8
- Almost everything that is right for young people , foreword Wolfgang Lüder , Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-924041-23-7 ; Pre-printed title JAW (Ed.): Rights of Young People , Foreword: Ingrid Stahmer , Berlin 1997; Completely revised 4th edition (distribution via www.mg-joker.de): Everything that is right for young people , foreword by Sigrun von Hasseln-Grindel , 114 S. Berlin 2019
- Dictionary youth - age with caricatures by Klaus Stuttmann and contributions by Ernst Volland and Austrofred . 128 pp., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-935607-39-1
- Educational role play , Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2018, 2019. ISBN 978-3-658-22792-0 ; e-Book 978-3-658-22793-7
- Help! Youth welfare. 40 writings, foreword: Jörg M. Fegert 528 p .; Rheine 2018; ISBN 978-3-946-53755-7
- Child and youth welfare law , Springer nature Wiesbaden 2019, 2020; ISBN 978-3-658-28166-3 ; E-book ISBN 978-3-658-28167-0
- Childhood - youth - old age. The paperback lexicon , with contributions by HG Butzko and Klaus Stuttmann. 192 p., Rheine 2020; ISBN 978-3-946537-62-5
- For the book Young People in the Berlin Psycho Jungle, see: Britta Grashorn Odysse for 'Noticeable' , in Blickpunkt 1/2 1989 or Manfred Liebel in: Sozial Extra , September 1989 or Albrecht Müller-Schöll in: Sozialpädagogik H 5, 1988 as well as Ursula Lang in: Berliner Teacher's newspaper H. 10, 1988 and Ed Koch in: Paper Press v. September 19, 1988
- for the brochure Rights of Young People see: Annebel Ugrinsky, in: Jugendhilfe , 35 (1997) or Paper Press of June 16, 1997
- For the book Almost everything that is young people's right see: Astrid Bache, specialist portal of child and youth welfare / www.jugendhilfeportal.de
- on the essay on primary prevention and educational competence see: Comenius Institute, FIS www.fachportal-paedagogik.de
- on the article Relationships between youth social work and the police see: DJI, FIS (2006/1) www.fachportal-paedagogik.de/fis_bildung/suche/fis_set.html?
- For the youth-age dictionary, see: Peter F. Appenheimer Education for democracy is violence prevention in: Forum Kriminalprävention 1/2011 or book tip of the month in: Jugendhilfe H. 6/2010 as well as Dorothea Dohms in: 'Socialnet' reviews, 15. April 2011
- on the essential educational role play : Peter F. Appenheimer in Trialog 17, 2018
- to the book Help! Youth welfare. see Ed Koch in paperpress (newsletter & print) 14.10.2018 online; print 111/2018; 2. see La Palma Courier No. 12/2018, p. 26; 3. see Google Books "What others say"
- For the book Everything is Right for Young People, see PF Appenheimer in: Trialog 18, 2019
- Literature by and about Manfred Günther in the catalog of the German National Library
- Official website of Manfred Günther
- Training with Mechthild Eisfeld in the Freiburg Mediation project
- Günther in the Berlin Alliance for Extrajudicial Conflict Resolution
- cf. in addition his essay Alternative Concepts for 'Non-Schoolable' and Delinquent Adolescents in the USA
- cf. Thomas Ulbrich: The Robert White School , in: Social Pedagogy (23) 1981
- 'The historical Joker Concepts' (PDF) accessed on February 27, 2011 (.pdf; 174 kB)
- also Wolfgang Jantzen, special educator / disabled educator, used this term as well as that of the "neuropedagogue"; In 2001 Wilhelm Brinkmann picked it up and gave an introduction to "Differential Pedagogy"
- Article. (PDF) In: Jugendhilfe , Heft 6/2013, p. 470 ff.
- väterzeit.de: What is the pocket money for? , accessed February 14, 2012
- Pocket money… . In: Berliner Morgenpost , February 14, 2012
- Search for ZDF interview: Bar or with card (September 20, 2012) in the ZDFmediathek , accessed on January 31, 2013. (offline)
- see "Child protection without law", Tagesspiegel from October 8, 2014
- Curriculum “Youth Social Work” . (PDF; 90 kB) manfred.guenther.de; online, accessed June 2, 2010
- as download; see. Report of the working group 'Promotion of networking and cooperation, in particular through basic, advanced and advanced training using the example of police and youth social work in violence prevention' , seen on kriminalpraevention.de on May 16, 2017 (.pdf; 160 kB)
- Fear of a possible rampage in: Die Welt
- Manfred Günther, Johannes Jahn and Karin Röhrbein: Chile - revolutionary process and imperialism in: Konsequent 14, 1973
- https://www.kriminalpraevention.de/files/DFK/dfk-publikationen/sport_und_praevention.pdf ; accessed on June 3, 2019
- Survey on the situation of parenting and family counseling centers (PDF; 2.5 MB) DFK , accessed on March 20, 2016
- Dohms reviews the Socialnet dictionary , accessed January 9, 2012
- review in the La Palma Kurier, Christmas edition
- Günther's "Jugendhilfe" in Google Books
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Günther, Manfred Otto|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German school psychologist and youth welfare lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bochum|