Marcus Faber (born February 4, 1984 in Stendal ) is a German political scientist and politician ( FDP ). He is the deputy state chairman of the FDP Saxony-Anhalt , district chairman of his party in the Stendal district and a member of the FDP federal executive committee . Since its constitution on October 24, 2017, Faber has been a member of the 19th German Bundestag .
Faber attended the Rudolf-Hildebrand-Gymnasium in Stendal, where he passed his Abitur in March 2003 . He then did his basic military service as a tank pioneer in the Elb-Havel barracks in Havelberg . From 2003 to 2008 he completed a degree in political science at the universities of Potsdam and Sydney , which he completed with a degree in political science . He then took up doctoral studies at the University of Potsdam, where he in 2013 with a thesis on " direct democracy at the country level " in Economic and Social Sciences to Dr. rer. pole. received his doctorate .
After completing his academic training, Faber worked as a research assistant in the German Bundestag in 2013 . From 2013 to 2014 he worked as a consultant for fundamental questions in the Brandenburg State Parliament . Since 2015 he has been employed by the Central Real Estate Committee as a consultant for trade, communal matters, hotel, logistics and citizen participation .
In the 2017 federal election , Faber ran for the Altmark constituency and was elected to the German Bundestag via the FDP state list . As a member of the Bundestag, he is a full member of the Defense Committee and a deputy member of the Committee on Food and Agriculture and the Committee on Building, Housing, Urban Development and Local Authorities .
Faber is involved in various non-profit organizations on a voluntary basis . Among other things, he has been a member of the Presidium of the Ambassador Club Germany since 2013 . In October 2019 he was elected Vice President of the German-Israeli Society .
- In the line-up for the Stendal city council election in 2015, Faber was accused of irregularities. Under his supervision, a false list is said to have been sent to the election officer. Source: https://www.volksstimme.de/nachrichten/lokal/stendal/1471128_Heyy-wie-kommts-das-die-Nr.-18-geaendert-wurde.html
- In 2020, Heisel wrote on Twitter in response to a party friend who apparently did not want to be infected with an illness (“Don't be so mean and infect everyone”) “I went to the AfD cough”. On March 18, 2020, Faber apologized for this tweet.
- Direct democracy at the country level. A case-related comparative study. Tectum, Marburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-8288-3237-4 (also: Dissertation, Potsdam 2013).
- Presidium member Ambassadors Club eV
- Consultant for local trade, hotel, logistics and citizen participation at the Central Real Estate Committee
- Honorary Chairman of the Young Liberals Saxony-Anhalt
- Faber stands for FDP in the Altmark. In: Volksstimme . April 5, 2017. Retrieved October 30, 2019 .
- Four more representatives - Saxony-Anhalt with 23 members in the new Bundestag. In: Mitteldeutsche Zeitung . September 25, 2017. Retrieved October 30, 2019 .
- Faber elected Vice President of the German-Israeli Society. In: fdp-lsa.de. October 27, 2019, accessed October 30, 2019 .
- Marcus Faber: Dear followers, I made a joke in mid-February for which I apologize. Of course, I didn't want to infect anyone with any disease (not even the right-wing extremist AfD). I didn't do that either. Corona was not with us in Stendal at the time. In: @MarcusFaber. March 18, 2020, accessed March 23, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th February 1984|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stendal|