Bettina Stark Watzinger (* 12. May 1968 in Frankfurt am Main as Bettina Stark ) is a German politician ( FDP ) and, since 2017 Member of the German Bundestag . From 2015 to 2019 she was the general secretary of the FDP Hessen and has been its deputy state chairman ever since. She has been a member of the FDP federal executive committee since 2017 . At the end of January 2020, she was elected parliamentary director of the FDP parliamentary group.
Family, education and work
Bettina Stark-Watzinger grew up in Bad Soden am Taunus , where she still lives today. She made her high school in 1989 and then studied from 1989 to 1993 economics at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . She graduated with a degree in economics . From 1994 to 1996 she completed a trainee training at BHF Bank AG in Frankfurt am Main, where she worked as a regional manager. From the end of 1996 to 2006 she spent six years abroad in Great Britain , where she initially worked in the financial sector again in London , and a family break. From 2006 to 2008 she worked in the Academic Manager, Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Taxation Department at the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel .
From 2008 until her election to the Bundestag in 2017, Stark-Watzinger worked as managing director in the commercial area of an interdisciplinary research institution ( LOEWE Center , since 2013 LOEWE Center SAFE , since 2020 Leibniz Institute for Financial Market Research SAFE ) at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main; since then she has been working there alongside her mandate as a freelancer .
Bettina Stark-Watzinger is married and has two daughters.
Bettina Stark-Watzinger has been a member of the Free Democrats since 2004 and a member of the state board of the FDP Hessen since 2011. From 2011 to 2016 she was district chairman of the FDP Main-Taunus.
From 2014 to 2015 she was deputy chairwoman of the FDP Hessen. In 2015 she was elected to the newly created office of General Secretary of the FDP Hessen. Her successor was Moritz Promny in April 2019 , while Stark-Watzinger was re-elected as deputy state chairwoman.
Bettina Stark-Watzinger was the direct candidate of the FDP for the constituency Main-Taunus (181) in the 2017 federal election and was elected to the German Bundestag via the state list of the FDP Hessen. She is a full member of the budget committee of the German Bundestag and of the trust committee for the secret budgets of the federal intelligence services . In addition, she is a member of the Joint Committee and the Council of Elders of the German Bundestag. She is also a deputy member of the mediation committee and for election review, immunity and rules of procedure . After resigning from the chairmanship of the Finance Committee in February 2020, she will remain a deputy member.
Since the Hessian local elections in March 2011, Stark-Watzinger has been a member of the city council of Bad Soden am Taunus and of the district council of the Main-Taunus district in various functions .
- Personal website
- Biography on bundestag.de
- Interview with Bettina Stark-Watzinger ( Memento from September 8, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) - in: Frankfurter Neue Presse , July 15, 2017
- According to personal information in: Bettina Stark-Watzinger: Bettina Stark-Watzinger MdB. In: stark-watzinger.de. Retrieved on February 23, 2020 (own website).
- Bettina Stark-Watzinger, FDP. In: bundestag.de . Retrieved February 23, 2020 (biography).
- Helmut Poppe: Bettina Stark-Watzinger new deputy FDP state chairwoman. In: frankfurt-live.com. April 10, 2019, accessed February 23, 2020 .
- The Federal: Elected on state lists of the parties in Hesse >> FDP. In: bundeswahlleiter.de. September 2017, accessed February 23, 2020 .
- German Bundestag - Bettina Stark-Watzinger. Retrieved June 21, 2020 .
- Board of Directors. In: freiheit.org. Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom , accessed on February 23, 2020 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Stark, Bettina (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 12, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|