Raidió Teilifís Éireann
Raidió Teilifís Éireann (pronunciation: 'radʲo' tʲɛlʲəfʲi: ʃ 'e: rʲən ), RTÉ for short , is the public broadcasting company in the Republic of Ireland . It was founded on June 1st, 1960. RTÉ is headquartered in Dublin .
Although the broadcasting company was only founded later, the broadcast of a radio program began in Ireland on January 1, 1926. Television operations began on New Year's Eve 1961. Over the years several radio and television programs as well as a website with the latest news were added.
In autumn 2010 the concrete planning phase began for a comprehensive modernization project called Project 2025 , estimated at a total of € 350 million , for which the building permit was granted at the end of November 2010 .
With effect from June 1, 2010, Glen Killane replaced the previous managing director of television and later RTÉ general director Noel Curran as managing director of television . In November 2010, with effect from February 2011, Noel Curran, the former managing director of television , was named as the new general director of the station .
- RTÉ Radio 1 ( news , reports , moderate music)
- RTÉ 2fm ( rock and pop music )
- RTÉ lyric fm ( classical music , jazz , art )
- RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta ( Irish radio, Irish folk music )
- RTÉ 2XM (digital, alternative music)
- RTÉ Gold (digital, oldies)
- RTÉ Junior (digital, between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., children's program) / RTÉ Chill (digital, between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m., relaxation)
- RTÉ Pulse (digital, electro / dance)
- RTÉ Radio 1 Extra (word program, formerly RTÉ Choice (until 2013))
The programs are broadcast over the RTÉ multiplex ("DAB Ireland Mux1", block 12C on 227.36 MHz ).
In addition to these programs, RTÉ also produces teletext ( called Aertel ) for its television programs.
- The Irish Times : RTÉ planning inquiry begins , September 20, 2010 (Eng.)
- The Irish Times: RTÉ gets green light for campus revamp , November 27, 2010 (Eng.)
- The Irish Times: RTÉ names new director of TV , May 17, 2010 (Eng.)
- RTÉ: RTÉ announces next Director-General , November 9, 2010
- The Irish Times: Curran named RTÉ director general , November 9, 2010 (Eng.)
- Kai Ludwig: RTÉ no longer on shortwave. (No longer available online.) In: Radio Eins Radio News. January 21, 2017, formerly in the original ; accessed on January 23, 2017 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.