City of Roth
|Height :||339–374 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||270 (Feb. 1, 2018)|
|Incorporation :||May 1, 1978|
|Postal code :||91154|
|Area code :||09171|
Location of Unterheckenhofen in Bavaria
The village is 4.5 km southwest of Roth an der Rednitz and the Rittersbach, which flows into the Rednitz as a left tributary. It consists of the old town south-east of the Treuchtlingen – Nuremberg railway line and a settlement area called “Unterheckenhofen-Siedlung” north-west of it, which began in the 1970s. Both parts are only connected by a pedestrian tunnel. The forest area "Im Oppel" borders in the west. A community road leads to Rittersbach to state road 2224 (2.7 km west) or to Barnsdorf to district road RH 6 (0.3 km east). Another communal road leads to Oberheckenhofen to the district road RH 6 (1.8 km southwest). The Nuremberg – Augsburg railway crosses the town and has a stop there .
The place was first mentioned in 1289 as "Hegenhoven". Up until the 18th century, this meant Unterheckenhofen and Oberheckenhofen , about 1.5 kilometers away , which is also to the left of the Rednitz. The place name means "umhegter Hof" (from "hegga", Old High German for hedge).
Originally the cathedral chapter of Eichstätt was the landlord of the place, later the Nuremberg patrician families Coler and Oelhafen and then the Welser , the Klarakloster in Nuremberg , the Heilig-Geist-Spital of Nuremberg and the Seligenporten monastery . During the Thirty Years' War the place was burned down and was uninhabited for a long time. Reconstruction only began eleven years after the end of the war.
Towards the end of the 18th century there were four properties and a community shepherd's house in Unterheckenhofen. The high court exercised the Brandenburg-Ansbach Oberamt Roth . The village and township government had the imperial city of Nuremberg held. The landlords were the Electoral Palatinate Bavarian monastery office Seligenporten (1 Ganzhof), the imperial city of Nuremberg ( St. Klara Monastery Office : 1 Ganzhof; St. Katharina Monastery Office: 1 Ganzhof) and the Nuremberg owner von Welser (1 Ganzhof).
- Venetianerstr. 20: ground floor warehouse
- Venetianerstr. 22: farmhouse
The residents of the Evangelical-Lutheran denomination are parish according to To Our Lady (Roth) , those with Roman-Catholics according to Mary's Assumption in Heaven in Roth.
- Johann Kaspar Bundschuh : Heckenhofen . In: Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia . tape 2 : El-H . Verlag der Stettinische Buchhandlung, Ulm 1800, DNB 790364298 , OCLC 833753081 , Sp. 540 ( digitized version ).
- Johann Kaspar Bundschuh : Unterheckenhofen . In: Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia . tape 5 : S-U . Verlag der Stettinische Buchhandlung, Ulm 1802, DNB 790364328 , OCLC 833753112 , Sp. 629 ( digitized version ).
- Friedrich Eigler : Schwabach (= Historical Atlas of Bavaria, part of Franconia . I, 28). Michael Laßleben, Kallmünz 1990, ISBN 3-7696-9941-6 , p. 427, 482 .
- Willi Ulsamer (Ed.): 100 Years of the Schwabach District (1862–1962). A home book . Schwabach 1964, DNB 984880232 , p. 455 .
- Unterheckenhofen on the website stadt-roth.de
- Unterheckenhofen in the location database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library
- Unterheckenhofen in the Topographia Franconiae of the University of Würzburg , accessed on September 23, 2019.
- Unterheckenhofen in the historical directory of the association for computer genealogy
- Unterheckenhofen in the Bavaria Atlas
- W. Ulsamer (Ed.), P. 455.
- F. Eigler, p. 427.
- F. Eigler, p. 482.
- Only inhabited houses are given. In 1818 these were designated as fireplaces , in 1840 as houses and from 1885 to 1987 as residential buildings.
- Alphabetical index of all the localities contained in the Rezatkkreis according to its constitution by the newest organization: with indication of a. the tax districts, b. Judicial Districts, c. Rent offices in which they are located, then several other statistical notes . Ansbach 1818, p. 94 ( digitized version ).
- Eduard Vetter (Ed.): Statistical handbook and address book of Middle Franconia in the Kingdom of Bavaria . Self-published, Ansbach 1846, p. 218 ( digitized version ).
- Joseph Heyberger, Chr. Schmitt, v. Wachter: Topographical-statistical manual of the Kingdom of Bavaria with an alphabetical local dictionary . In: K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Bavaria. Regional and folklore of the Kingdom of Bavaria . tape 5 . Literary and artistic establishment of the JG Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, Munich 1867, Sp. 1090 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb10374496-4 ( digitized ).
- Kgl. Statistical Bureau (ed.): Complete list of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to districts, administrative districts, court districts and municipalities, including parish, school and post office affiliation ... with an alphabetical general register containing the population according to the results of the census of December 1, 1875 . Adolf Ackermann, Munich 1877, 2nd section (population figures from 1871, cattle figures from 1873), Sp. 1257 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00052489-4 ( digital copy ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Localities directory of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to government districts, administrative districts, ... then with an alphabetical register of locations, including the property and the responsible administrative district for each location. LIV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1888, Section III, Sp. 1192 ( digitized version ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Directory of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria, with alphabetical register of places . LXV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1904, Section II, Sp. 1265 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Localities directory for the Free State of Bavaria according to the census of June 16, 1925 and the territorial status of January 1, 1928 . Issue 109 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1928, Section II, Sp. 1302 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria - edited on the basis of the census of September 13, 1950 . Issue 169 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1952, DNB 453660975 , Section II, Sp. 1127 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official city directory for Bavaria, territorial status on October 1, 1964 with statistical information from the 1961 census . Issue 260 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1964, DNB 453660959 , Section II, Sp. 826 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria . Issue 335 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1973, DNB 740801384 , p. 180 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 349 ( digitized version ).